+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Leigh griffiths

Quote Originally Posted by Noddyholder View Post
    What is he like, ay?
    I know. Kids today, huh?
    Relegation is not the death of a football club. It can bring a rebirth...a new beginning

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    yes but your entitled your own opinion
    Personally, I think it's clearly racist and he should have the book thrown at him. What else was he getting at by saying that, and would he have said it to a white person? It offends me. I certainly don't want a player representing Wolves coming out with $#@! like that.

I've seen that term used first hand by morons around town - often by drunken dickheads towards groups of Asians trying to enjoy a night out, even an Asian friend of mine has had that insult thrown at her - and there's no other way to take it IMHO.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

apparently thats pretty much the jist of the text that Morgan sent to Solbaken...

Quote Originally Posted by Newbridge Wolf View Post
    Scotland is a little different in the culture to England, its much more common for people to be openly racist up there in my own experience
    Utter bollocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Jackett
    We pass to score and win games. We donít pass for vanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthropist View Post
    Utter bollocks.
    Prove that in my experience that it is utter bolloxs? I have worked in Edinburgh and Glasgow and the sites I worked on the local lads were openly racist and quite proud of it (much more so than I have ever experienced working on sites throughout England and Wales)

Thinking about it that Seek comedian did a programme in which he looked at the racism in Scotland and highlighted it as being worse than south of the border. How long have you lived in Dunblane?

Prove that in my experience that it is utter bolloxs? I have worked in Edinburgh and Glasgow and the sites I worked on the local lads were openly racist and quite proud of it (much more so than I have ever experienced working on sites throughout England and Wales)

Thinking about it that Seek comedian did a programme in which he looked at the racism in Scotland and highlighted it as being worse than south of the border. How long have you lived in Dunblane?
    10 years + 4 in Dundee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Jackett
    We pass to score and win games. We donít pass for vanity.

Devon, via Whitmore Reans and Castlecroft

Quote Originally Posted by Langers View Post
    Personally, I think it's clearly racist and he should have the book thrown at him. What else was he getting at by saying that, and would he have said it to a white person? ...
    You mean like a Scot telling an Englishman to piss off back over the border? No, that would never happen, would it? FFS.

Blog Entries

I find it very disappointing that he thought it correct to tweet such stuff. Perhaps he ought to think before tapping the keyboard.
    Frank Munro, a Wolves legend.
    Out of darkness cometh light, out of Scotland came Frank.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark View Post
    You mean like a Scot telling an Englishman to piss off back over the border? No, that would never happen, would it? FFS.
    Fair point, but that would still be racist would it not?
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

It would be no different if he had tweeted SEB telling him to "$#@! off back to his own country" because he is not a stereotypical, white British citizen. Of course it is racist, James. I wish he would $#@! off out of my football club.

Blog Entries

Personally, I think it's clearly racist and he should have the book thrown at him. What else was he getting at by saying that, and would he have said it to a white person? It offends me. I certainly don't want a player representing Wolves coming out with $#@! like that.

I've seen that term used first hand by morons around town - often by drunken dickheads towards groups of Asians trying to enjoy a night out, even an Asian friend of mine has had that insult thrown at her - and there's no other way to take it IMHO.
    No im not saying it is right and yeh it isnt nice hear for people from different backgrounds but all im saying is I dont think its racist. I do agree though that he should never play for wolves.
    Ravens Nation

Vote Yes on Welsh Independence!

It's racist, ship him to the South African PL so he can figure it out.

Then get him the $#@! off our roster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    Alan was right

Blog Entries

No im not saying it is right and yeh it isnt nice hear for people from different backgrounds but all im saying is I dont think its racist. I do agree though that he should never play for wolves.
    I don't see how it isn't racist?

Spot on Langers.

He's meant it in no other way but to cause offence, it's racist because he's assumed he doesn't have the right to be British just because his family is of Asian origin.
    And given that Wolverhampton is an incredibly multi cultural area, and that we have excellent support from groups such as Punjabi Wolves, this utter piece of $#@! should have his contract tore up.
    The artist formerly known as Henry's Tackle

I'm married to a Dundee girl and we visit Scotland regularly and from personal experience racism isn't as much of an issue up there. I get stick from the in-laws but it's banter and nothing more sinister.

I'm disgusted with Griffiths and hope we get rid ASAP. This alienates an element of our fanbase and shouldn't be tolerated.

Get rid of him NOW.

No room at our club for that $#@!.

Send a message to other players - tweet, sacked - racist, sacked - reveal club business, sacked - don't try for 90 minutes, sacked.
    Time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted time

Devon, via Whitmore Reans and Castlecroft

Fair point, but that would still be racist would it not?
    I'm not going to get into a debate about it, and I don't think I'm a racist, but what you and I call racism clearly differ. To me, insults and banter don't fall into that category, even if they're a bit nasty and allude to a person's physical or ethnic characteristics. (The test I usually apply is, if someone said that to me, would I consider cry 'racism' or just consider him an idiot? This is a general comment, by the way, and not meant to support Griffiths, whom I still think ought to know better.)

Defiantly a racist tweet, no doubt about it, get rid of him for good, sick of players like him who are just a disgrace to the game and I hope his career declines from now on. He should be punished not rewarded which remaining at Hibernian is for him as that's where he wants to be, should be stuck in our reserves without pay for the remainder of the season, fails to show up to training which I'm sure he would do, then fine him and just make his life hell till the end of the season and then release him at which point he's lost match fitness and lost teams showing interest in him.

There are better younger players out there who deserve a chance at a club like Wolves, I can't believe we pay a weekly wage to Hammill and Griffiths.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark View Post
    I'm not going to get into a debate about it, and I don't think I'm a racist, but what you and I call racism clearly differ. To me, insults and banter don't fall into that category, even if they're a bit nasty and allude to a person's physical or ethnic characteristics. (The test I usually apply is, if someone said that to me, would I consider cry 'racism' or just consider him an idiot? This is a general comment, by the way, and not meant to support Griffiths, whom I still think ought to know better.)
    The context is different though, your ancestors (immediate or further back) were not discriminated, enslaved or deported because of their race - so you (or I) would naturally be less sensitive to this.

My wife is not English and was once told to '$#@! off back to your own country', I didn't think much of it, but she was devastated.

Quote Originally Posted by gixer View Post
    I'm married to a Dundee girl and we visit Scotland regularly and from personal experience racism isn't as much of an issue up there. I get stick from the in-laws but it's banter and nothing more sinister.

I'm disgusted with Griffiths and hope we get rid ASAP. This alienates an element of our fanbase and shouldn't be tolerated.
    I probably came across a bit of a generalisation, most of Scotland is a fine place with generally really friendly people, but I found in the sites I worked on in Glasgow and Edinburgh that they were quite openly racist in a way that was quite frankly a little bit shocking to be fair, maybe I got a bad impression.

I am not including the English $#@! off that was everywhere as I don't really count that, nor the vile religious segregation that I found prevalent in Glasgow (for anyone who has any doubt that religious tolerance isn't a good thing, 6 months of living somewhere that you feel hatred exists between two religions makes you appreciate it)

I have a thought. Griffiths is doing $#@!ing everything to get himself out. Keep him here for six months. Give him no game time. Make the little $#@!e train on his own. Do not let him play for Hibs at all.
    Representing the members of Molineux Way against their will since 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Henry's Tackle View Post
    He's meant it in no other way but to cause offence, it's racist because he's assumed he doesn't have the right to be British just because his family is of Asian origin.
    And given that Wolverhampton is an incredibly multi cultural area, and that we have excellent support from groups such as Punjabi Wolves, this utter piece of $#@! should have his contract tore up.
    Of course it was meant to be offensive. It doesn't defy logic how to be offensive to people but I would be more interested in what provoked this statement ?

Moral of the story is that you cannot stomach twitter abuse ( which is most likely what Griffiths had got ) he shouldn't be tweeting. The boy needs to grow up.

Can someone please make this James permanent Avatar? Please? Cash up front

I honestly didn't think people were that stupid...

Put him in the team. That'll sort everything.

Loan with Hibs now extended till end of season. I assume most people will be glad as he's a complete tosspot. I only hope we find a goalscorer and don't regret not trying him out.
    ......... I had such an hard on, I hadn't got enough skin left to close my eyes !!

26. Default

Regardless of what the fans think of him, he has been making clear since the Summer he doesn't want to be at the club. So not an issue of not trying him out as he wants out.
    Footie Gifts Blog - http://footiegifts.wordpress.com/
    Follow us on Twitter - @footie_gifts

Even if he turned into Gerd Muller I wouldn't want him near the team after that episode. Players like that we can do without, no matter how good they might or might not be.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    Even if he turned into Gerd Muller I wouldn't want him near the team after that episode. Players like that we can do without, no matter how good they might or might not be.
    Really?

Everyone hates Suarez, but there aren't many Prem teams that wouldn't have him playing for them.
    Crunchy Nut Cornflakes are just Frosties for w*nkers.
    Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.

Depends on your principles, doesn't it? I wouldn't want Suarez polluting our shirt.

to clarify so I don't sound like a pompous arse. If I think that the allegedly racist misdemeanours of Leigh Griffiths are sufficient that he should never play for Wolves on principle (which I do), then by extension the same should apply to Suarez (in a hypothetical situation as we would never be within a billion light years of signing him). For me to think otherwise would be hypocritical, especially if any change on viewpoint was entirely dependent upon the ability of the player.

+ Reply to Thread