• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

BBC Scandal

Ask the average bystander whose actions are worse.
Huw Edwards went on dating app and engaged in private dialogue with young person (not underage) used unpalatable language after being threatened himself?
No crime under law committed, no severe distress caused other than to his own family.
Reporter and tabloid paper running the story, over embellished reporting of a private matter that’s already caused severe distress to the Edwards family then cause them a second round of stress which means there loved one is admitted to hospital.
Choose your morals wisely here, BBC has done the right thing here for hiding Edwards identity for as long as is possible to allow him to get the treatment he needs.

Would have been a hell of a yarn to just spin on the spot.

As someone who has been involved with serious mental health issues over the last few years I feel for both him and his family.

I mean they could have just taken what was posted as read until shown otherwise, rather than been patronising arseholes.

Just used a bit of common sense too. I read it and thought 'that seems unlikely' but then to take the next step of basically accusing somebody of making up a story about their dead dad....like what's the cost/benefit of that ffs

All this is vile, and just symptomatic of a lot of society's ills at the moment.

Last edited:
He described Ross Barkley as ‘a gorilla at the zoo’ after an altercation in a Liverpool nightclub. Ross Barkley’s grandfather was born in Nigeria...

There's a victim and a fool in this case, and they're both Welsh newsreaders.

Back