• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fans Against VAR - Join us

Isn't it? Seems to me the scrutiny has never been higher, at least not in the last ~15 years.
I'd say the scrutiny comes into play at the blokes sat in the van, watching every detail over and over, from every angle and still getting wrong. Refs have always made mistakes and get some slack for odd fuck ups, no excuse at stockley Park

If they don't want to bin it, i dont understand the problem with the discussion being announced live, let the fans in the stadium understand what's going on and how the decision has been made.

If they don't want to bin it, i dont understand the problem with the discussion being announced live, let the fans in the stadium understand what's going on and how the decision has been made.
Agreed, but that's not what is being suggested. They aren't showing it or properly explaining it, just going to say x fouled y or a was offside. Pointless and will create an even bigger bear pit

They aren't showing it or properly explaining it, just going to say x fouled y or a was offside. Pointless and will create an even bigger bear pit
Yep will just allow the crowd to directly abuse the ref as well as singing fuck VAR.

Has the audio of Forests one that should have been overturned been done yet? I’d like to know how they come to a conclusion that Young took the ball.

Tayls made the correct decision. Atwell is seen as our best VAR ref, hence him going to the Euros
Unbelievable that these idiots think it's normal contact.

That's not to do with the tech that's sheer incompetence and lack of knowledge.

In a related piece of ref nonsense Dermot Gallagher on the silly ref watch segment of SSN suggested there wasn't enough contact on Kulesevski for Spurs for a penalty and he tripped himself up.

This was despite him being shown that the contract was enough to take him down.

We need officials that understand body movement and the game itself rather than these complete tools

Attwell doesn’t look at it objectively at all. He’s supposed to be looking to see if an error has taken place and he immediately finds excuses not to bother. He’s blind to the contact by Young on Odoi and mentions both playing the ball. If you were to think of a decision being made on a pre conceived bias for whatever reason then there’s a perfect example.
I’d liked to have listened to the other two incidents which I can understand them being deemed as subjective just to hear what his attitude was.

Attwell doesn’t look at it objectively at all. He’s supposed to be looking to see if an error has taken place and he immediately finds excuses not to bother. He’s blind to the contact by Young on Odoi and mentions both playing the ball. If you were to think of a decision being made on a pre conceived bias for whatever reason then there’s a perfect example.
I’d liked to have listened to the other two incidents which I can understand them being deemed as subjective just to hear what his attitude was.
And here's the inconsistency, the same ref gave a penalty in the last minute against us for Fulham for significantly less contact

Back