• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Manchester City (A) 4/5: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate even suggesting it. I don’t generally think a year is long enough.
Yeah he needs a full summer and some players.

He also got his tactics right against City this season, so lets not be too harsh?

I think the discussion post season needs to be did the players carry us or did GON enable that? Neto, Hwang, RAN, Cunha, Semedo all significantly better than last season, is that organic growth or coaching? If it's the former then sack him in a fortnight, if the latter then keep him and get a defensive minded coach in to help him.
I think Dawson was doing the latter on the pitch

Yeah he needs a full summer and some players.

He also got his tactics right against City this season, so lets not be too harsh?
Trying not to be. I think the good whiskey our pub had on special ain’t helping.

I think Dawson was doing the latter on the pitch
I think there's more than an element of truth in that, but its not the answer firstly because of his age and secondly because a lot of our issues back there are tactical. How many times this season despite notionally playing a back 5 and 2 holding midfielders has there been acres of space for the opposition to utilise?

Tell me more
Called Four Roses, not sure where it’s from as I’ve only ever had it at bars, usually their bourbon. Today their whiskey was $6 a shot (a very good deal in Charlotte, I assure you) and it went down like water.

Highly recommended.

Called Four Roses, not sure where it’s from as I’ve only ever had it at bars, usually their bourbon. Today their whiskey was $6 a shot (a very good deal in Charlotte, I assure you) and it went down like water.

Highly recommended.
Love Four Roses, we can get it here every now and then. It's one of the Lawrenceburg distilleries I think.

I think there's more than an element of truth in that, but its not the answer firstly because of his age and secondly because a lot of our issues back there are tactical. How many times this season despite notionally playing a back 5 and 2 holding midfielders has there been acres of space for the opposition to utilise?
I don't think it is either, more an observation.

Edit. Maybe more evidence of our good form being down to the individuals on the pitch rather than the manager.

Last edited:
. How many times this season despite notionally playing a back 5 and 2 holding midfielders has there been acres of space for the opposition to utilise?
When we play out from the back we send everyone wide and then we inevitably lose the ball the middle of the pitch is wide open and teams get a chance. Happened for the entire half against Bournemouth but Sa kept us in it.

Then when we’re out of possession we do send quite a few into the press, but teams like City will play through that with ease. Bournemouth managed it as well by clipping the ball forward and picking up the second ball and then again that’s pretty much bypassed the middle of the pitch.

GON always wants to “stick to his principals”, but doing so away at City is just stupid. Doesn’t seem to want/be able to “park the bus” when this is actually you’re only likely chance and then punish on the break with speed.

We’re not particularly used to being open as fans as we’ve always typically been an organised/disciplined team for as long as I can remember.

They mentioned the hand ball in the studio, VAR said it was his hand on the floor, so not given.

Fair enough.

But fucking show us it!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back