• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Completely pointless nostalgia.

I don't really want to remember paying ridiculous money for CDs because they and HMV were the only show in town and that was the only way to listen to music. I refuse to believe that anyone "loved Our Price", it's like a parody of a Peter Kay routine.

Completely pointless nostalgia.

I don't really want to remember paying ridiculous money for CDs because they and HMV were the only show in town and that was the only way to listen to music. I refuse to believe that anyone "loved Our Price", it's like a parody of a Peter Kay routine.
I went in there out of necessity for the reasons you mention. Was the only music shop in town.

I went in there out of necessity for the reasons you mention. Was the only music shop in town.
I have far fonder memories of Virgin Megastore (had one in Walsall where I went to school and then a massive one when I moved to Manchester) and I don't particularly mourn that either.

There was nothing unique or special about Our Price, it just sold expensive shit that I couldn't really afford but wanted anyway.

I used to look forward to going to Derby or Birmingham with my mates for the independent record stores where they sold t-shirts and posters.

I had a fondness for Studio Musica back in the 70s, it didn't have any better selection than other record shops and not particularly cheap but that shop name for Dudley and a grubby little council estate oik seemed very exotic.

I have far fonder memories of Virgin Megastore (had one in Walsall where I went to school and then a massive one when I moved to Manchester) and I don't particularly mourn that either.

There was nothing unique or special about Our Price, it just sold expensive shit that I couldn't really afford but wanted anyway.
Struggling to place the Virgin store in Walsall now you've mentioned it, can remember the one in the Merry Hill centre clear as day.

Wasn’t sure whether to share on here but…

I have just released some music with my son. This is sort of a crowdfunder to try and raise some money for studio time, all of this EP was done at home ourselves but we’d like to finish the rest with someone who knows what they are doing.

Feedback welcome, be kind :)

Offline music - Vinyl and (weirdly) cassettes - are making a comeback, along with the dumb phone as Gen Z are pushing back against data harvesting and digital profiling etc.
Not sure it's enough to justify bringing back Our Price, mind 😂

Wasn’t sure whether to share on here but…

I have just released some music with my son. This is sort of a crowdfunder to try and raise some money for studio time, all of this EP was done at home ourselves but we’d like to finish the rest with someone who knows what they are doing.

Feedback welcome, be kind :)
Congrats mate, it all sounds very decent indeed.

Offline music - Vinyl and (weirdly) cassettes - are making a comeback, along with the dumb phone as Gen Z are pushing back against data harvesting and digital profiling etc.
Not sure it's enough to justify bringing back Our Price, mind 😂
I read yesterday Nokia are bringing out three new cheap phones with dumbed down features and no internet.

This is the most expensive £65 version.

Back