Page 704 of 721 FirstFirst ... 204604654694702703704705706714 ... LastLast
Results 21,091 to 21,120 of 21608

Thread: Things that really really annoy you

Quote Originally Posted by tredman View Post
    Good point well made.

I like the music from both really - especially M-A. I spend most of my time listening to 6music, it would be way too much effort to change just because Tom's tone of voice is very annoying.
    No commitment to the hate. M-A gets switched off with extreme sweary prejudice as soon as I hear her voice. No amount of "amazing" music that's just "dropped" and that I've "really gotta check" can persuade me not to smash the radio into the sink.

Quote Originally Posted by MARKakaJIM View Post
    Maybe they're the same people?
    Farmers and constructors the same? How ridiculous.
    Cosy consensus makes for a boring forum.

Quote Originally Posted by SLA View Post
    No commitment to the hate. M-A gets switched off with extreme sweary prejudice as soon as I hear her voice. No amount of "amazing" music that's just "dropped" and that I've "really gotta check" can persuade me not to smash the radio into the sink.
    That's true, its far too much effort for me. Have to say the music on Tom's show has been very good today, I've enjoyed the african stuff quite a bit.
    )

Tom ravenscroft is alright,yea he probably did get the job because his dad was arguably the most important man in British music, but I'm guessing a lot of 6music listeners won't know about his dad, or don't care, ravens croft over Hobbs every time for me, I think she got the mid morning gig due to BBC box ticking. I'd rather have Radcliffe and Maconie mid morning and bundle Hobbs back to weekends
    See post #5516 of ex wolf watch to find out why in my house,i hate Kenny Miller

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Small toddlers in cinemas - or, more accurately, the parents of small toddlers who think it's okay to take small toddlers into the cinema despite the fact that their kid constantly screams at the top of its voice, claps, stamps, shrieks, cries throughout the entire film. A bloke in front of me actually had to get staff to talk to the parents because he was told to 'fuck off' when he asked them to take the kid outside due to the noise it was making. Didn't do any good.

For fucks sake, think of other people - if your kid can't stay quiet for 5 minutes, taking it to a cinema probably isn't a particularly good idea.

Oh and a slight aside - Toy Story 4 is ace.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Keef View Post
    Tom ravenscroft is alright,yea he probably did get the job because his dad was arguably the most important man in British music, but I'm guessing a lot of 6music listeners won't know about his dad, or don't care, ravens croft over Hobbs every time for me, I think she got the mid morning gig due to BBC box ticking. I'd rather have Radcliffe and Maconie mid morning and bundle Hobbs back to weekends
    She is a very respected DJ who's been around a long time, so don't buy the box ticking. I just can't stand listening to her.

Quote Originally Posted by SLA View Post
    She is a very respected DJ who's been around a long time, so don't buy the box ticking. I just can't stand listening to her.
    Yes. I used to love the Breezeblock back on R1 years ago. She just has a very annoying voice.
    )

machin05 is offline MURDERS BADGERS. PTG Dogsbody and Spreadsheet MasterN3rd
    I'd guessed that it was more Radcliffe wanting to cut his hours that forced the schedule change in the afternoon.
    Socks before or after trousers, but never before pants. That's the rule.

Think I posted how much I loved the breezeblock in years gone by previously too. Some of the breezeblock sets are/were awesome (still have some on cassette). It's where I first heard mogwai, lemon jelly, and numerous other great collections of music. I therefore have a lot of time for MAH.
    Where was the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering kaboom!

Quote Originally Posted by machin05 View Post
    I'd guessed that it was more Radcliffe wanting to cut his hours that forced the schedule change in the afternoon.
    DOnt think so, they were as shocked as the listeners to find out, the cancer was coincidental.
    Dont listen to 6 music anymore due to the schedule change but after seeing this thread i guessed that Twatface might not be in this afternoon either.
    YES!! i was right...a pleasure to hear Huw Stephens instead.
    Put me in the liking Tom gang too, love his dour tones as opposed to eveything being utterly, wonderfully amazing!!!
    "It was dear old sweet dumpy Wolverhampton"

Quote Originally Posted by playtheace View Post
    DOnt think so, they were as shocked as the listeners to find out, the cancer was coincidental.
    Ah fair enough. Like I said, pure guess work on my part.

Ryanair striking the day we're going on holiday. Fucking cheers then.

Wolves ticket office and their 'please call back later' shit.

Its the fucking 21st century you can afford a telephone queuing system.
    )

I think that's better personally. I'd rather just keep trying than being on hold for 30+ minutes and not being able to hang up because I'd lose my place in the queue.

Not that I need to phone them very often these days.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

26 times I have tried today. I need to upgrade one of my kids tickets for a free loader while I am away and its the only way to do it.
    )

Kenny is online now Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    On Wednesday I made an error logging into a bank account. Had to use a card reader and like a fuckwit used the wrong card so after trying to log in it locked the account . Phoned them up and got it unlocked. All good

Today I get 3 letters from my bank

1) Telling me the account is locked
    2) Telling me the account is locked and to fill in a form to unlock it
    3) Thanking me for the info and the account is now unlocked

What a friggin waste of money.

Shopping for a new car when you've only got a loose idea about what you want...still, the company freebies are nice.

Spotify not working properly on Chromecast is freaking my nut.

YouTube Mix it is.

Twitter
    Facebook

Just reading about fuel strikes in Portugal - we go there on Saturday and have a hire car booked. Could be fun :/

Depends where you go. I've been there during a fuel strike and Lisbon was mostly fine, but you might struggle in the countryside
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post

I honestly didn't think people were that stupid...

Algarve, near Albufeira.

Was reading this - https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-po...-idUKKCN1V20MA - and was somewhat concerned about this paragraph:

A website monitoring the strike said filling stations in the Algarve region that have been designated as a priority to receive fuel to serve the hundreds of thousands of tourists heading for holidays on the southern coast had run dry.
    I'm hoping that at the very least the rental car has enough fuel at pick-up to get to where we're staying and back again!

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    Spotify not working properly on Chromecast is freaking my nut.

YouTube Mix it is.
    Dealing with Spotify is like pulling teeth. Just admit you have a widespread problem and tell me what you're doing to fix it and when it'll be done. Jumping through fucking hoops all day to end up in the same place I was 24 hours ago, and in the meantime temporarily had no Chromecast at all.

Twitter
    Facebook

Having to bin off a family holiday half way through. I’m broken and it is clear nobody else is having a good time.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

YoungWolf is online now World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.
    Shit mate sorry to hear that

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    Having to bin off a family holiday half way through. I’m broken and it is clear nobody else is having a good time.
    What's up with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Pablowolf View Post
    What's up with you?
    Read the Rugby Thread for the details (involves a shower door, his toe, blood, nerves, stitches and morphine.

Damn you, I'm going to have to venture into the Rugby thread now! I usually try and avoid it along with the Cyber thread, the Cricket thread, the Tennis thread, the F1 thread, the Horse Racing thread, the Boxing thread and other borefests we have.
    I pledge my grievance to the flag

Twitter

*searches how to make those threads the only ones Dan can see...*

From that thread

I had a somewhat painful night. Think there is quite the legal claim on the way. Two panes of the shower screen collapsed as a bolt was sheared through and guillotined my foot. Broken toe, nice big gash down to the bone and nerves exposed. Only the 7 hours in casualty.

Plus side. Morphine is REALLY NICE

Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaurus Dan View Post
    Damn you, I'm going to have to venture into the Rugby thread now! I usually try and avoid it along with the Cyber thread, the Cricket thread, the Tennis thread, the F1 thread, the Horse Racing thread, the Boxing thread and other borefests we have.
    Blimey! You need some hobbies and interests mate. Perhaps I should start a bowls thread, just so you can join in something...
    Where was the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering kaboom!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    *searches how to make those threads the only ones Dan can see...*
    That would be really cruel

Quote Originally Posted by lemonjelly View Post
    Blimey! You need some hobbies and interests mate. Perhaps I should start a bowls thread, just so you can join in something...
    I do have some interests, although it is mainly books & music! I think I must just have a general dislike of all other sports apart from football.

Now, if we had a History thread...
    I pledge my grievance to the flag

Twitter