Page 2 of 705 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 21144

Thread: NSFW: Things that really really annoy you

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    400 yards from the sea. East coast of Ireland.
    Posts
    16,204
    People who fart in company and think that everyone around them should think it's hilarious.
    Feet on seats on trains /buses
    Hoodies
    Stupid fucking kids that think wearing a hood is cool.
    Irish drivers who drive in the middle or outside lanes of motorways when the lane to their left is empty
    Bin men who think it's ok to drive off when you're tugging your full wheelie bins down your drive in full view of the grinning driver
    Rudeness
    Arrogance
    Hard water (Can't get any bubbles going in the shower and your clean car now is covered in hard to shift white marks instead of mud)
    Cats that slaughter birds who come to my feeding station. (That's a feeding station for birds not you, you bloody cat)
    Winds that blow out of the North
    Kids that have no manners
    Footballers that cheat, fall over, dive, elbow opponents, shout for throw ins and corners when they know damn well it's not
    Teams like Wigan, Blackburn, Blackpool, West Brom, West Ham and Birmingham who win when they should get thrashed.
    Teams like Chelsea, Spurs, United, City, Arsenal and a couple of others who don't thrash teams when they bloody well should.
    Punctures
    People who attend training programmes who have absolutely no intention of learning anything
    Councils who say they can't afford to fix holes in the road, regardless how deep and how wide they are... (New thread, right there!)
    Lazy parents who take their little sprogs to a pub or a restaurant and then let them run around screaming and chucking food around

    There'll be plenty more...
    Everything is a choice. Bad choices make good stories. Design your own disaster. Create your life.

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Hunting View Post
    Cats that slaughter birds who come to my feeding station. (That's a feeding station for birds not you, you bloody cat)
    Birds feeding from a man made feeding station is unnatural - cats killing birds is natural. You are luring these poor defenceless creatures to a possible death and reckon it is the cat's fault?

    Let me know where you drink and I'll bring the kids. ;-)
    No.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    400 yards from the sea. East coast of Ireland.
    Posts
    16,204
    Quote Originally Posted by The Saturday Boy View Post
    Birds feeding from a man made feeding station is unnatural - cats killing birds is natural. You are luring these poor defenceless creatures to a possible death and reckon it is the cat's fault?

    Let me know where you drink and I'll bring the kids. ;-)
    Yes, you can laugh! Those poor birds have lasted all through a harsh winter with all the stuff I put out, and I didn't do it to encourage the cat either.

    I'm not suggesting it's the cat's fault at all, but if I find it in my garden, my two (small) dogs will put some manners on it!
    That's natural too.
    Everything is a choice. Bad choices make good stories. Design your own disaster. Create your life.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,299
    People on bikes who don’t stop at red lights.
    People who tailgate when you’re already doing the maximum speed – you want to drive fast go to a track. You’re not Jenson Button.
    Tories
    Sting – save the rain forests whilst travelling in a private jet. See also Chris Martin of Coldplay.
    Bono – end poverty but make sure you don’t pay any income tax.
    Punk – 2 minutes of joyless, white, heterosexual noise.
    Tax evasion, avoidance call it what you will but basically its stealing.
    Religion
    People telling you to cheer up just because you don’t instantly orgasm at the mention of the royal wedding.
    People not waving thank you when you’ve given way to them.
    New Years Eve - an entrance fee to get in the same pub you've drank in all your life. Fuck off.
    Richard Littlejohn
    The right wing media – Daily Mail, Sun, Times, Telegraph, Express, BBC, ITV, Sky, Fox.
    The NO to AV Campaign – lies, lies and more lies. We need voting machines!! Wrong. The BNP want it!! Wrong.
    Damien Hirst – art nicked from others produced solely for people with too much time and money on their hands.
    The British attitude to families in restaurants – if you don’t want us then don’t let us in.
    People looking at their mobiles during a face to face conversation and it now apparently being OK to do this.
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." Jonathan Swift

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Overloon/Tilburg, Holland
    Posts
    2,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Templeton Peck View Post
    People on bikes who don’t stop at red lights.
    People who tailgate when you’re already doing the maximum speed – you want to drive fast go to a track. You’re not Jenson Button.
    Tories
    Sting – save the rain forests whilst travelling in a private jet. See also Chris Martin of Coldplay.
    Bono – end poverty but make sure you don’t pay any income tax.
    Punk – 2 minutes of joyless, white, heterosexual noise.
    Tax evasion, avoidance call it what you will but basically its stealing.
    Religion
    People telling you to cheer up just because you don’t instantly orgasm at the mention of the royal wedding.
    People not waving thank you when you’ve given way to them.
    New Years Eve - an entrance fee to get in the same pub you've drank in all your life. Fuck off.
    Richard Littlejohn
    The right wing media – Daily Mail, Sun, Times, Telegraph, Express, BBC, ITV, Sky, Fox.
    The NO to AV Campaign – lies, lies and more lies. We need voting machines!! Wrong. The BNP want it!! Wrong.
    Damien Hirst – art nicked from others produced solely for people with too much time and money on their hands.
    The British attitude to families in restaurants – if you don’t want us then don’t let us in.
    People looking at their mobiles during a face to face conversation and it now apparently being OK to do this.
    Tax evasion is stealing? You're not taking anything away from anyone.
    BBC right-wing media? I'm sure there are quite a few who would disagree with you there.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,299
    Quote Originally Posted by loonsewolf View Post
    Tax evasion is stealing? You're not taking anything away from anyone.
    BBC right-wing media? I'm sure there are quite a few who would disagree with you there.
    1. You're taking money away from the treasury that could be spent on schools and the NHS - thats stealing.

    2. The flagship BBC polictical programme is Question Time - its a rare thing when someone even slighly leftish appears on it. Their other main policital show is 'This Week' presented by that well known lefty loony Andrew Neil. The head of policital news coverage is former young Conservative Nick Robinson.
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." Jonathan Swift

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Overloon/Tilburg, Holland
    Posts
    2,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Templeton Peck View Post
    1. You're taking money away from the treasury that could be spent on schools and the NHS - thats stealing.

    2. The flagship BBC polictical programme is Question Time - its a rare thing when someone even slighly leftish appears on it. Their other main policital show is 'This Week' presented by that well known lefty loony Andrew Neil. The head of policital news coverage is former young Conservative Nick Robinson.
    1. I wouldn't call that stealing as you're not taking money away, you're not just paying for stuff that you benefit from. Actually scrap that last bit, you're not paying for stuff the government wants you to pay for and in many cases I can understand why. You can call it greed, being anti-social or whatever but I wouldn't call it stealing.

    2. True

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pendeford
    Posts
    61,963
    Tax evasion is theft by another name. Tax avoidance is good financial planning. Here to help.
    Don't wear no leather to fit in
    Don't wear no spikes to be cool
    Don't need no woman beside him
    Just make it fast loud and rude

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Gateshead
    Posts
    5,080
    Quote Originally Posted by loonsewolf View Post
    Tax evasion is stealing? You're not taking anything away from anyone.
    BBC right-wing media? I'm sure there are quite a few who would disagree with you there.
    There is absolutely no way the BBC is left wing. I listen to 5 Live a lot and any time a Tory Minister is on they get a really easy time from the presenters. Any time a Labour MP or a Union leader is on they are grilled and challenged on every statement. Question Time generally has 1 Tory, 1 Lib Dem (oh, yes they are in government together so that's safe), 1 Labour and someone else who is usually from a right wing think tank! They rarely have anyone from an alternative left wing organisation such as Respect. It is so right wing bias it isn't true. The other flagship political discussion show is presented/hosted by a former Tory supporter...The BBC is margianlly more left wing than the Daily Mail, and it is marginal.
    Write down everything you know about football on the back of a postage stamp. In the space you have left over you can draw a picture...

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Overloon/Tilburg, Holland
    Posts
    2,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    Tax evasion is theft by another name. Tax avoidance is good financial planning. Here to help.
    That too, still don't think evading tax is stealing.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pendeford
    Posts
    61,963
    The alleged left wing bias of the BBC is an impression that has been allowed to build up over many years. I don't see it particularly myself and I don't understand where the evidence is that this myth hangs on. As a national broadcaster it is supposed to at least have a veneer of neutrality.

    I can remember choice of tie colour among newsreaders during election campaigns being used as some suggestion of trying to subliminally influence the electorate but that just has to be bollocks.

    I do think that Jeremy Paxman has treated leaders of all the parties equally. He tries to have a go at all of them and that seems fair enough.

    Maybe the perceived easier time from the presenters for the Conservative on Question Time is to counter-balance the audience, which I imagine is slightly more set against the incumbent? I honestly don't know so am just throwing that out there for debate. Personally, I think any statement made should be subject to challenge of the same level though, regardless of the person making it.

    You are presumably always going to have a panel including the 3 main parties and then A N Other. I see no reason why you couldn't have Respect in the fourth slot in the same way as you could have UKIP or the Greens or indeed someone like Bob Crowe. It is all about creating a balance of views. The fact there is a coalition means that the 2 parties in it are bound to be seen as in cahoots on all issues. However, that isn't the case is it? Equally the choice of Lib-Dem would be interesting. I imagine Simon Hughes would be more adversarial than Nick Clegg.
    Don't wear no leather to fit in
    Don't wear no spikes to be cool
    Don't need no woman beside him
    Just make it fast loud and rude

  12. #42
    Kenny's Avatar
    Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    41,291
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    I don't see it particularly myself and I don't understand where the evidence is that this myth hangs on. .
    With you on this one

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    29,287
    People who drive at 40 in a 60/70 and then continue doing 40 in a 30 limit.
    Birmingham City
    Middle lane/fast lane hogs
    People who complain about being unfit/overweight but do nothing to lose weight.
    Valentines day

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,299
    Quote Originally Posted by loonsewolf View Post
    1. I wouldn't call that stealing as you're not taking money away, you're not just paying for stuff that you benefit from. Actually scrap that last bit, you're not paying for stuff the government wants you to pay for and in many cases I can understand why. You can call it greed, being anti-social or whatever but I wouldn't call it stealing.

    2. True
    You're stealing services then. Think of tax as membership fees for living in a civilised society.
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." Jonathan Swift

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pendeford
    Posts
    61,963
    Quote Originally Posted by loonsewolf View Post
    That too, still don't think evading tax is stealing.
    Okay

    Theft is roughly defined as the taking of property belonging to another with the intention to permanently deprive.

    Taking - by setting up a ruse to make it look as if the property doesn't belong to another (the state) you are effectively taking it
    Property belonging to another - tax due to the state belongs to the state
    intention to permanently deprive - are you looking to ever pay it back?

    Avoidance is using the tax laws to plan your affairs in such a fashion as to minimise the amount of your wage packet that belongs to another.
    Evasion is a criminal mis-statement of your tax affairs to create that impression.
    Don't wear no leather to fit in
    Don't wear no spikes to be cool
    Don't need no woman beside him
    Just make it fast loud and rude

  16. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Overloon/Tilburg, Holland
    Posts
    2,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    Okay

    Theft is roughly defined as the taking of property belonging to another with the intention to permanently deprive.

    Taking - by setting up a ruse to make it look as if the property doesn't belong to another (the state) you are effectively taking it
    Property belonging to another - tax due to the state belongs to the state
    intention to permanently deprive - are you looking to ever pay it back?

    Avoidance is using the tax laws to plan your affairs in such a fashion as to minimise the amount of your wage packet that belongs to another.
    Evasion is a criminal mis-statement of your tax affairs to create that impression.
    That's where we differ, I don't think that's effectively taking it, I classify that as scamming the government or ripping them off. And the taking bit is what is instrumental to calling it stealing.

  17. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pendeford
    Posts
    61,963
    That's semantics. I would say 'scam' and 'rip-off' both have the feel of an illegal activity. You are unlawfully retaining funds that are passed to you but belong to the state.

    Put it this way - if I sold you my car and it had a case of diamonds on the back seat which you knew didn't belong to you, would keeping the diamonds be theft? I'd say yes. It is effectively taking them by the ommission of failing to return them.
    Don't wear no leather to fit in
    Don't wear no spikes to be cool
    Don't need no woman beside him
    Just make it fast loud and rude

  18. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bilbrook
    Posts
    85,230
    Apropos of nothing, Harry Redknapp really really annoys me.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

    http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

  19. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Overloon/Tilburg, Holland
    Posts
    2,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    That's semantics. I would say 'scam' and 'rip-off' both have the feel of an illegal activity.
    Very true. Shall we leave it at that and let the thread get back on topic.

  20. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,989
    It annoys me when people accuse people who pay 100's of thousands in to the Treasury of stealing, when they, in comparison, pay pittance.


  21. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Penk Wolf View Post
    It annoys me when people accuse people who pay 100's of thousands in to the Treasury of stealing, when they, in comparison, pay pittance.

    Go on then I'll bite.

    Income Tax is the only 'fair' tax - its based solely on your ability to pay. Much better than VAT or Council Tax. If you pay much more than me its because you can afford to.
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." Jonathan Swift

  22. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Overloon/Tilburg, Holland
    Posts
    2,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Templeton Peck View Post
    Go on then I'll bite.

    Income Tax is the only 'fair' tax - its based solely on your ability to pay. Much better than VAT or Council Tax. If you pay much more than me its because you can afford to.
    If you pay more you should get lot more, yet you don't. According to you if you earn more you should pay more, I can empathise, I do not agree.

  23. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,299
    Quote Originally Posted by loonsewolf View Post
    If you pay more you should get lot more, yet you don't. According to you if you earn more you should pay more, I can empathise, I do not agree.
    Are you saying then that Sir Philip Green should pay the same amount of tax as the person who cleans his office?
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." Jonathan Swift

  24. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Wolverhampton
    Posts
    1,204
    Lefties accuse the BBC of being right wing when the broadcaster doesn't slavishly follow their political dogma. Ditto right wingers. It's tedious and largely utter bollocks.

  25. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Overloon/Tilburg, Holland
    Posts
    2,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Templeton Peck View Post
    Are you saying then that Sir Philip Green should pay the same amount of tax as the person who cleans his office?
    No, I'm not that right-wing but I do think the paying of taxes should be proportional, let's say 40% per person with certain exceptions. Obviously I do not know anything about the British tax system but in Holland 40% would be appropriate.

  26. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Gateshead
    Posts
    5,080
    Quote Originally Posted by loonsewolf View Post
    No, I'm not that right-wing but I do think the paying of taxes should be proportional, let's say 40% per person with certain exceptions. Obviously I do not know anything about the British tax system but in Holland 40% would be appropriate.
    Great. So if you earn say 10,000pa in low paid manual work and pay 40% that is as fair as someone who earns 1,000,000pa working in the city paying 40%? Given that the first person would be left with take home pay of 6,000 pa and the second would be left with 600,000pa? Yeah, that's real fair and 'appropriate'...I would say you ARE that right-wing, somewhere to the right of Thatcher.
    Write down everything you know about football on the back of a postage stamp. In the space you have left over you can draw a picture...

  27. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bilbrook
    Posts
    85,230
    The day I start paying 40% tax, three things will have happened:

    1) I will be the only translator in the world
    2) Britain will have gone mental
    3) I will have left Britain
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

    http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

  28. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Overloon/Tilburg, Holland
    Posts
    2,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Toon Wolf View Post
    Great. So if you earn say 10,000pa in low paid manual work and pay 40% that is as fair as someone who earns 1,000,000pa working in the city paying 40%? Given that the first person would be left with take home pay of 6,000 pa and the second would be left with 600,000pa? Yeah, that's real fair and 'appropriate'...I would say you ARE that right-wing, somewhere to the right of Thatcher.
    Yep, that is fair and if later in life I'm the first person in your example I won't complain. I'm no idiot though I would probably vote more left-wing in that case so I retain more money but I would have no moral objections to it.

  29. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Wolverhampton
    Posts
    1,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Templeton Peck View Post
    The flagship BBC polictical programme is Question Time - its a rare thing when someone even slighly leftish appears on it.
    See above, factually that is bollocks and objectively it's tedious.

    Quote Originally Posted by Templeton Peck View Post
    Their other main policital show is 'This Week' presented by that well known lefty loony Andrew Neil. The head of policital news coverage is former young Conservative Nick Robinson.
    Cherry picking two names to prove a point about an organisation with something like 25,000 staff is meaningless, particularly when the same body spends 9 out of every ten pounds of its recruitment advertising budget with that hotbed of right wing nutters The Guardian, and the likes of Rachel Kennedy or Andrew Marr have a long association with the left.

  30. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Gateshead
    Posts
    5,080
    Quote Originally Posted by loonsewolf View Post
    Yep, that is fair and if later in life I'm the first person in your example I won't complain. I'm no idiot though I would probably vote more left-wing in that case so I retain more money but I would have no moral objections to it.
    I beg to differ...
    Write down everything you know about football on the back of a postage stamp. In the space you have left over you can draw a picture...

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •