Page 3 of 721 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that really really annoy you

Says the grown man retaliating in such a childish manner.

Quote Originally Posted by loonsewolf View Post
    Says the grown man retaliating in such a childish manner.
    Brilliant! You're a comedy genius.
    Write down everything you know about football on the back of a postage stamp. In the space you have left over you can draw a picture...

Quote Originally Posted by Toon Wolf View Post
    Brilliant! You're a comedy genius.
    Thank you, I am known for my witty remarks.

Thank you, I am known for my witty remarks.
    You're clearly not as clever nor as witty as you like to think you are if you can't even recognise a little bit of gentle ribbing. Hope I didn't upset you little boy...

Anyway back to whether your genius proposition is fair or not. Is 40% to one person the same as 40% to another? Clearly not. To someone earning 10,000pa 40% is a significant proprotion of their disposable income gone and living on 6000 would be almost impossible. To someone earning 1,000,000pa 40% still leaves them with enough income to survive in a VERY comfortable manner. That does in no way, shape or form equate to fairness so your theory is utter bollocks. Not even Thatcher would have proposed your idea...
    Write down everything you know about football on the back of a postage stamp. In the space you have left over you can draw a picture...

Quote Originally Posted by Toon Wolf View Post
    You're clearly not as clever nor as witty as you like to think you are if you can't even recognise a little bit of gentle ribbing. Hope I didn't upset you little boy...

Anyway back to whether your genius proposition is fair or not. Is 40% to one person the same as 40% to another? Clearly not. To someone earning 10,000pa 40% is a significant proprotion of their disposable income gone and living on 6000 would be almost impossible. To someone earning 1,000,000pa 40% still leaves them with enough income to survive in a VERY comfortable manner. That does in no way, shape or form equate to fairness so your theory is utter bollocks. Not even Thatcher would have proposed your idea...
    If you really think calling me a little boy is a wind up you should take a closer look at my avatar. I also don't think being witty or clever as anything to do in recognising how serious or light-hearted someone is being over a digital medium.

Back on track I call that fair within my (limited) bounds of morality. Both of them have to give up equal proportions of money they have earned.

Something else that really annoys me:

threads that go off topic

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Come on chaps - argue the point but try to remain civil, please.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Templeton Peck View Post
    Go on then I'll bite.

Income Tax is the only 'fair' tax - its based solely on your ability to pay. Much better than VAT or Council Tax. If you pay much more than me its because you can afford to.
    I'm not disputing that what I am asking is why do you think it's an issue for someone to try and reduce their tax bill when they are paying silly amounts already?

Quote Originally Posted by Penk Wolf View Post
    I'm not disputing that what I am asking is why do you think it's an issue for someone to try and reduce their tax bill when they are paying silly amounts already?
    1. Because evasion/avoidance/non-payment costs the state about 120 billion a year.
    2. Because the vast majority of people pay their taxes.
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by yabbadabbadoo View Post
    See above, factually that is bollocks and objectively it's tedious.

Which bit is bollocks? Question Time is the BBC flagship political show and they don't often have left wing panellists on.

Cherry picking two names to prove a point about an organisation with something like 25,000 staff is meaningless, particularly when the same body spends 9 out of every ten pounds of its recruitment advertising budget with that hotbed of right wing nutters The Guardian, and the likes of Rachel Kennedy or Andrew Marr have a long association with the left.
    2 of my mates work for the BBC andi have no doubt the majority of their staff are left of centre. However, when it comes to output the BBC are so scared of attacks from the Murdoch media they overcompensate resulting in very conserservative content. The Morning Star is left wing. The Guardian and Independent are slighly left of centre. The BBC is nowhere near either of them on the policitcal spectrum.
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." Jonathan Swift

People who exaggerate for effect and think its somehow fashionable or edgy to do so - typically 'Ward is carp" (when he's not), "Mancienne is not a footballer" (when he patently is)
    People who claim to 'hate vegetarians and vegans" - wtf has it got to do with them? I'm a vegan and I bet you wouldn't tell me that twice to my face.
    People who claim men are superior drivers to women - what do the statistics tell you pal?
    People who moan publicly about other people's bad spelling or grammar - the aim is to communicate, not exclude people who have not achieved your status.
    Salacious women - ahh no, I quite like them.
    People who moan about other football clubs - do you only want there to be one team, cretin? Who would your team play then?
    People who cannot accept that over the last 180 years the labour movement has put them in a position to be able to moan about it.
    People who have fucked up life for the poor people of Meercovo.

Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Is avoidance of repaying me what I am owed in overpaid tax stealing as well?

Every time I try and phone the tax office up, I go through all the options, get lectured by the posh old bint and then I wait to get connected to someone that can help only to get this message "I am sorry we are unable to help you at this time, please call back again" and the line goes dead.

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWolf View Post
    "Mancienne is not a footballer" (when he patently is)
    I think he patently wouldn't get in Brentford's team on merit. It's called an opinion. I dare say I've seen him play more often than you to form said opinion. Disagree all you like, but don't be a dick about it.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

People who exaggerate for effect and think its somehow fashionable or edgy to do so - typically 'Ward is carp" (when he's not), "Mancienne is not a footballer" (when he patently is)
    People who claim to 'hate vegetarians and vegans" - wtf has it got to do with them? I'm a vegan and I bet you wouldn't tell me that twice to my face.
    People who claim men are superior drivers to women - what do the statistics tell you pal?
    People who moan publicly about other people's bad spelling or grammar - the aim is to communicate, not exclude people who have not achieved your status.
    Salacious women - ahh no, I quite like them.
    People who moan about other football clubs - do you only want there to be one team, cretin? Who would your team play then?
    People who cannot accept that over the last 180 years the labour movement has put them in a position to be able to moan about it.
    People who have fucked up life for the poor people of Meercovo.
    People who like to act tough and on another note it's not just the Labour movement that has put people in the position to moan about that very movement.

People who like to act tough and on another note it's not just the Labour movement that has put people in the position to moan about that very movement.
    who is acting tough, not me.? I am stating a fact. If you said that to me about vegans I would punch your lights out... and regarding the labour m ovement, just explain a) who else it was and b) where I said 'only'?

I do not go round threatening people and acting tough ever .. but if they say such things, I dont argue with them anymore. I am liable to strike them though.
    Last edited by EasternWolf; 27th April 2011 at 07:04 PM.

I think vegans live a ludicrous lifestyle. If you'd like to knock on my door and "punch my lights out" for stating that, then feel free.

Twitter
    Facebook

Then I violently oppose your opinion and although I am unlikely to come round your house, i would do exactly what i said if you embarrassed me in such a manner in public. There is absolutely no need for such bad manners. You are entitled to think and say what you like about it, but I am talking about the specific incidence of someone saying it to me in public.

Then I violently oppose your opinion and although I am unlikely to come round your house, i would do exactly what i said if you embarrassed me in such a manner in public. There is absolutely no need for such bad manners. You are entitled to think and say what you like about it, but I am talking about the specific incidence of someone saying it to me in public.
    If we were in public what's wrong with me saying I cannot understand your way of living for the life of me?

I wouldn't bawl it in your face. I'd explain rationally and calmly how you can't possibly get the nutrients required from a balanced diet by eating soya and lentils (and yes, I'm exaggerating for effect). Also how most vegans are intrinsically compromised by clothes and drinks often being comprised of animal products. I'd also question why you are a vegan as I'm genuinely curious why anyone would choose such a limited, primitive existence. Would you still punch me in the face?
    Last edited by Deutsch Wolf; 27th April 2011 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Duff spelling

Twitter
    Facebook

who is acting tough, not me.? I am stating a fact. If you said that to me about vegans I would punch your lights out... and regarding the labour m ovement, just explain a) who else it was and b) where I said 'only'?

I do not go round threatening people and acting tough ever .. but if they say such things, I dont argue with them anymore. I am liable to strike them though.
    I know you didn't say it was only them and other people were (rich and capitalistic) liberals at least in America and Holland. I don't know much about the political movement of England round the turn of the 19th century so maybe they played no part in England.

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Belting someone is hardly polite though mate. If I said I didn't like Vegans and you hit me, it would probably make me like Vegans even less. Argue the point back.

(NB - I have no problem with Vegans or Vegetarians - people can eat what the hell they like. Some very nice Vegan/Veggie dishes out there actually).
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

1. Because evasion/avoidance/non-payment costs the state about 120 billion a year.
    2. Because the vast majority of people pay their taxes.
    1. But, how much do they pay in.
    2. Most people have no choice it's called PAYE, which they have no control over.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Is avoidance of repaying me what I am owed in overpaid tax stealing as well?

Every time I try and phone the tax office up, I go through all the options, get lectured by the posh old bint and then I wait to get connected to someone that can help only to get this message "I am sorry we are unable to help you at this time, please call back again" and the line goes dead.
    To add, if I don't pay my dues by 31 January I get fined and charged interest. Can I fine and charge interest to the IR when they still haven't paid it back by the end of March?

Wgat annoys me is overpaid idiots making my beloved wolves a laughing stock

yes i mean Henry , Berra, Stearman , OHara, Mancienne,Kightly

I leave ward out of the list cos he hardly classes as a footballer

Which bit is bollocks? Question Time is the BBC flagship political show and they don't often have left wing panellists on.
    QT invites guests across the political spectrum where they have demonstrable support. There have been 72 guests so far this year and 23 have been from political parties on the left. Remove the number who are not directly involved in politics (God botherers, novellists, footballers etc) and the numbers are very near as damnit in parity with guests from the right, with a smaller proportion from the centre.

2 of my mates work for the BBC andi have no doubt the majority of their staff are left of centre. However, when it comes to output the BBC are so scared of attacks from the Murdoch media they overcompensate resulting in very conserservative content. The Morning Star is left wing. The Guardian and Independent are slighly left of centre. The BBC is nowhere near either of them on the policitcal spectrum.
    No, the content is not conservative, it attempts as far as possible to be objective and neutral. I also have two friends at the BBC, working in news, and they work hard to make sure they present events impartially and don't have any fears about Murdoch beyond trying to make sure they are ahead of Sky in reporting news to everyone.

I mentioned earlier that the both the left and right accuse the BBC of being the boot boys for their opposite views because it doesn't slavishly follow their political dogma. You're proving it.

I'd like to point out that when I first said that many would not agree with you Templeton I'm not saying I'm one of them. Personally whenever I've watched the BBC they seem very neutral though I would imagine the staff is more left-wing that right-wing.

400 yards from the sea. East coast of Ireland.
    who is acting tough, not me.? I am stating a fact. If you said that to me about vegans I would punch your lights out...
    Now here's a little debate that I missed starting...
    So, Eastern, I've read a lot of your stuff and you frequently put forward good, sound, well written arguments and points of view, so I'm really surprised to see you going off on one like that!

In this day and age, you can't possibly tell someone that if they denigrate your stance on anything... homosexuality, veganism, religion, football teams, whatever, that you would then strike them or punch their lights out!

If someone threatens you or your family, sure, if someone threatens you personally, then you can get your feathers all ruffled for sure, but because someone say that being a vegan is a mad lifestyle choice is surely a simple matter of opinion.

If you said, ".. you hate the colour of that car because it's a kind of piss yellow colour". and I said, "How dare you, you cheeky little sod, that's my car, how dare you insult it!" then gave you a clatter, you'd be quite right to be offended.

Now you might find DW a little terse, sometimes a little abrasive, but that's just a bloke thing. Because he said that 'being a vegan is a ludicrous life style' and it comes from our beloved DW, should I now challenge you to a duel at 12 paces? You've just threatened a friend of mine!

But if it came from say Frank, who's far less abrasive, would you threaten to punch his lights out too?

Very strange reaction from you there Eastern. Surprised at you!
    Everything is a choice. Bad choices make good stories. Design your own disaster. Create your life.

The question is, do you really drive a piss yellow car?

Twitter
    Facebook

And if your piss is always yellow then you're clearly not drinking enough fluid...

400 yards from the sea. East coast of Ireland.
    Sod off you two!

I was looking for Eastern actually...

No DW, Volvo really need to increase their colour range for diesels - I'm a carnivore so it's silver.
    And Toon, I know that, since my diagnosis. (Now well under control!) with 6 pints of water (no malt, hops or barly added) a day, it's as clear as you like.
    Last edited by Wolf Hunting; 28th April 2011 at 09:59 AM. Reason: being mischievious
    Everything is a choice. Bad choices make good stories. Design your own disaster. Create your life.