Page 753 of 753 FirstFirst ... 253653703743751752753
Results 22,561 to 22,590 of 22590

Thread: Things that really really annoy you

done a live chat with them and awaiting contact from their concern team. Cheers peeps!
    Only other place with the same email/password is here... Might post something inflammatory
    On matchdays, I reckon it'll be a long time before my name is darlowolf...

I *knew* it wasn't you banding all those 'fucks' around the other day.
    )

Can assure you that was me mate. Indeed, things at work have been worse the past week or so, hence me not posting updates to the re visiting albums thread and the multitude of witty remarks you are all so familiar with.
    On topic, not seeing that improving in the short term either.
    Last edited by lemonjelly; 7th July 2020 at 12:16 PM. Reason: smilies no longer being available...

Quote Originally Posted by lemonjelly View Post
    so spam emails have started rolling in like a mad un.

Even stranger I keep getting emails from amazon thanking me for the reviews I have left, fo stuff I haven't bought. Now, I can delete the reviews if I want, and it doesn't seem my account has been hacked or anything, but it is odd, and highlights there is no reason for me to ever believe an amazon review.
    Clearly bots, as they are all 5 star reviews, and anyone who knows me is aware I have such high standards, I rarely ever give 5 stars...

https://haveibeenpwned.com/
    Time that you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.

Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    My eyes!

Apart from a lazy eye as a child my eyesight has been pretty good. Few years back they said had found a slight issue but turned out a year later that was bullshit....well there is an issue now. The last few weeks been spotting that any text that is close to me is blurry. Off to Specsavers on Thursday.

Sounds like long-sightedness.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

Bastard annoying-sightedness is what it is.

Pain. On a weight loss 'thing' and whilst the pounds are flying off, the exercise fucking hurts. My right foot, left knee, lower back, right shoulder and neck all hurt.

That was a cheap trip out! At least the eye test was free, thanks to my Mums eyes being borked.

2 weeks time and I will be wearing glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    That was a cheap trip out! At least the eye test was free, thanks to my Mums eyes being borked.

2 weeks times and I will be wearing glasses.
    Swings and roundabouts after the Stamp Duty yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer Grouse View Post
    Swings and roundabouts after the Stamp Duty yesterday!
    I'm still ahead....so no doubt some extra shit coming my way this week.

Was surprised that I didn't have provide any proof regarding the free eye test though. Seems a bit odd just to take my word for it

So what was the verdict on your peepers?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    So what was the verdict on your peepers?
    The verdict was me leaving confused as fook....and poor.

So slight issue on long sight, nothing major
    Issue with short sight where I need a different prescription for looking at a computer and reading.

I'd be confused too if he told me I was a bit long sighted AND a bit short sighted.

Thatís common though when short sighted people get old - varifocals / bifocals etc.

I can feel it coming unfortunately
    )

I'm still ok but it's getting harder and harder to read stuff properly from a distance. I can't make out the clock on the videowall at the South Bank end, I can see it but can't work out what the numbers say.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

I've always had really good eyesight, but things are definitely harder to get into focus as quickly as I used to.

Apart from a lazy eye when I was a kid never really had a problem. The change in my eyesight has been quite sudden.

Plus side - got to to see pics of my eyeballs and they look ace.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    I've always had really good eyesight, but things are definitely harder to get into focus as quickly as I used to.
    I started noticing mine going when I found I couldn't concentrate hard enough to read millimetres on a ruler
    Why they will qualify: Nuno Espirito Santo is actually a tactical genius.

Mine are currently getting better as I age, at the worst I was -8, -4.5 a couple of years ago and have another test next week.
    )

I've been short sighted most of my life - short vision is now improving so that when I am in the house really don't wear the glasses (then can't find them if I need to go out, but thats a different issue)

This is only as I have cataracts slowly arriving which has that effect in the short term so at some point will have to have them dealt with (Tredman presume that you have that checked when you are at the opticians - it's a known by product)
    This year we will mainly be conquering Europe

(paused for the moment, but hopefully to be continued)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkins left foot View Post
    I've been short sighted most of my life - short vision is now improving so that when I am in the house really don't wear the glasses (then can't find them if I need to go out, but thats a different issue)

This is only as I have cataracts slowly arriving which has that effect in the short term so at some point will have to have them dealt with.
    Itís weird isnít it, Iíve worn glasses or contacts most of my life and genuinely couldnít see anything without them. The other day I forgot to put my glasses on and didnít realise until I switched the TV on a few hours later.
    )

Quote Originally Posted by tredman View Post
    It’s weird isn’t it, I’ve worn glasses or contacts most of my life and genuinely couldn’t see anything without them. The other day I forgot to put my glasses on and didn’t realise until I switched the TV on a few hours later.
    Am at the point now that if I am in the house don't bother with them unless I am watching the TV. Only need them after that if I go out or drive.

Had to have varifocals last time (about 6 months ago) took me quite a while to get used to them, ok now though
    FJRWolf

I'm as blind as a bat, been like that forever although it took until I was 8 to convince my parents.

I've got an astigmatism on both eyes that has got worse with age that makes contacts uncomfortable which is a real pisser.

Due an eye test actually, will book it tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by sycophantia View Post
    Had to have varifocals last time (about 6 months ago) took me quite a while to get used to them, ok now though
    Have used varifocals for the last 20 yrs - once I got used to going up or down stairs they were fine & don't really notice it now

glasses are fooking expensive! However, kenny, go for the most comfortable glasses you can.

I realised I needed glasses when I had to slow down to 40mph to read the big blue fuck off sign telling me which motorway junction it was. I was able to speed up when i realised it wasn't the junction i needed...

My first pair of glasses and lenses wasn't right. Mainly as I didn't know what I needed.
    Took me a while to understand exactly what type of frames suited me best.

Strangely, since WFH, I use my glasses so much less. The laptop monitor is closer to me, so less need for them. Never wear the glasses for reading.

Also, I am a huge fan of prescription sunglasses. That might be cos I am short sighted though, so need them for driving, being outside, cycling etc.

LJ - agree that they are fecking expensive (doesn't help that mine are titanium frames with special lightweight lenses though)

Also have prescription sunglasses as for driving in summer they are sometimes essential

Quote Originally Posted by lemonjelly View Post

I realised I needed glasses when I had to slow down to 40mph to read the big blue fuck off sign telling me which motorway junction it was. I was able to speed up when i realised it wasn't the junction i needed...
    ?
    Cosy consensus makes for a boring forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post

2 weeks time and I will be wearing glasses.
    You could've put the eye test against your company anyway. Check out if you can put the cost of the frames against tax, what with you working with a screen, etc.

Also, get the cheapest pair possible for matchdays.