Page 750 of 753 FirstFirst ... 250650700740748749750751752 ... LastLast
Results 22,471 to 22,500 of 22590

Thread: Things that really really annoy you

Going to have to find someone who knows how to repair UPVC/patio doors as we are struggling to open and close ours.

Just had to pay for a plumber to come out and fix a leak and fork out £75 for a new shower head too.
    I pledge my grievance to the flag

Twitter

Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Has Pablo visited your house this week?

Car is on the way out (well it is 16 yrs old) - now the boot lock has jammed shut so had to put the seat backs down to access anything.

Time for a change.
    This year we will mainly be conquering Europe

(paused for the moment, but hopefully to be continued)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaurus Dan View Post
    Going to have to find someone who knows how to repair UPVC/patio doors as we are struggling to open and close ours.
    Have they just swollen in the heat ? UPVC is great but by God does it shift with temperature changes.
    Why they will qualify: Nuno Espirito Santo is actually a tactical genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Have they just swollen in the heat ? UPVC is great but by God does it shift with temperature changes.
    I don't think so. That may be why it doesn't close without a proper yank but the handle struggles to pull down far enough to open it in the first place.

Twitter

Hayfever. Nothing is helping control it today.

Driving home from work on i-75 last night, camper van towing a car kicked up a brick the side of a child's fist totalled my wind screen. Not s small chip but cracked so much so that the wind screen flexes when you press it!
    Off to the repair shop this morning for a new windscreen at a cost of $180!
    400 channels and nowt to watch!

Don't you have windscreen cover in the US?
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    About the only thing that I have no excess on for my ins policy
    This year we will mainly be conquering Europe

(paused for the moment, but hopefully to be continued)

We do. However with the deductible and probable raise in policy we thought it was cheaper to go to a local repair shop and get it done
    We claimed once on our insurance back home a few years ago and it raised our premium as we filed a claim
    400 channels and nowt to watch!

I can't decide if I like "windscreen" more or less than "windshield".
    Quote Originally Posted by Joćo Moutinho
    "I hope to win all the games."

Uninteresting fact, woman i used to work with always used to say "windowscreen" never had the heart to correct her.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I can't decide if I like "windscreen" more or less than "windshield".
    Windscreen is English, so is the clear winner ahead of any yank abomination.

Well you look through/out of it, so it's a screen.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

But it does shield you from the wind.

And screens you from the wind as well !
    Why they will qualify: Nuno Espirito Santo is actually a tactical genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaurus Dan View Post
    Before you call a repairman for the doors, have you checked the locks on the side that bolt them to the frame? The sliding round bolts?

We have UPVC doors in our bedroom out onto the balcony and they started to get stiff last winter, and on closer inspection, it was the bolts at the side and the hook at the bottom, they had rusted a lot and were seizing when we turned the handle.

i sanded it with some coarse sandpaper and gave it a spray of WD40 and that sorted it.
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post

I honestly didn't think people were that stupid...

Well you look through/out of it, so it's a screen.
    My tele's got a screen but I don't look through/out of it.
    FFS, Booz, this high horse you're on lately is bewildering.

Cheers for the advice DDW but I've already had somebody out to look at it!

He said a part in the handle mechanism needs replacing and he's sorting it tomorrow.

Twitter

Match day willies, and you can't even be there.

The fact that from July 4th or fucking when ever we can all fuck off down the pub again and get pissed and forget the social distancing....but a father can't walk his daughter down the aisle on her wedding day, if they don't live in the same household.

Fuck off, what a joke

Quote Originally Posted by PPB View Post
    The fact that from July 4th or fucking when ever we can all fuck off down the pub again and get pissed and forget the social distancing....but a father can't walk his daughter down the aisle on her wedding day, if they don't live in the same household.

Fuck off, what a joke
    Not having a go at you here but why does there seem to the thinking that the pubs are going to be packed to the rafters from Saturday? From what I can see the pubs who open can only let in 1 person per seat they have and have had to reduce the amount of seating as well. I would say the social distancing in the majority of pubs will be better than the garden and street parties that have been going on during all this.
    No doubt there will be the odd pub that tries to take the piss, never going to avoid that especially as some tried it on when they were told to close but I am just amazed people seem to think its going to be a free for all from Saturday and queues to make Ikea jealous.

Your 2nd part is a back of crap though and genuinly upsetting for those who can't do what is normal but shouldn't be linked to the first one.

Well, the damn coronavirus cost me that job opportunity I was in for. But I am on the company's "bench", as they call it. Essentially, they're not counting on their usual level of business for the rest of the year so decided they couldn't afford to bring me on just yet, but if the situation unexpectedly changed I would be one of the first they'd call.

Which is all well and good, except I have student debt I have to start to pay off very soon. I'm stressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Not having a go at you here but why does there seem to the thinking that the pubs are going to be packed to the rafters from Saturday? .
    Same reason as the beaches are fucking packed to the rafters when the sun comes out. The world is full of ignorant, thoughtless twats.

That's bad luck mate. I've been in a similar boat in 2020 (albeit everything here has been mothballed for months now, so we're going back a bit).

Surely exceptional circumstances qualify when it comes to repayments? Obviously you have a very different system there than here (I still haven't paid off my student loan thanks to my clown car career, essentially if I'm not earning or hardly earning then I'm not paying anything) but I would think there has to be some leeway.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    No doubt there will be the odd pub that tries to take the piss, never going to avoid that
    Fucking loads of them

Quote Originally Posted by PPB View Post
    Same reason as the beaches are fucking packed to the rafters when the sun comes out. The world is full of ignorant, thoughtless twats.
    Agreed on the latter point...but if the pubs won't let them in then they can't get in. Capacity = 50 means 50 people can get in, adequately spaced out, and that's it. You're probably going to have to book tables in a lot of places for a while.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Well, the damn coronavirus cost me that job opportunity I was in for. But I am on the company's "bench", as they call it. Essentially, they're not counting on their usual level of business for the rest of the year so decided they couldn't afford to bring me on just yet, but if the situation unexpectedly changed I would be one of the first they'd call.

Which is all well and good, except I have student debt I have to start to pay off very soon. I'm stressing.
    Sorry to hear that Alan, same seems to be happening all over at the moment.
    )

It all makes my fucking blood boil. A lot of it makes no sense to me

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    That's bad luck mate. I've been in a similar boat in 2020 (albeit everything here has been mothballed for months now, so we're going back a bit).

Surely exceptional circumstances qualify when it comes to repayments? Obviously you have a very different system there than here (I still haven't paid off my student loan thanks to my clown car career, essentially if I'm not earning or hardly earning then I'm not paying anything) but I would think there has to be some leeway.
    The best our government has managed (or been willing to manage) is that they extended my "grace period" until September 1st. Which definitely beats the piss out of having had to start paying them back on June 1st as originally scheduled, but is, obviously, still well before things can be expected to go back to normal economically.