Page 727 of 765 FirstFirst ... 227627677717725726727728729737 ... LastLast
Results 21,781 to 21,810 of 22942

Thread: Things that really really annoy you

Bit like, say, listening to the radio in the car?
    )

Quote Originally Posted by tredman View Post
    Bit like, say, listening to the radio in the car?
    A bit different listening to a radio in car to listening through headphones, but that is the perception.
    Cosy consensus makes for a boring forum.

Quote Originally Posted by playtheace View Post
    While were talking country lanes, fuck me the potholes around Shropshire are dreadful... Dont know how i havent bust my suspension the last few days.
    Im seeing council workers walking the lanes picking up litter on a daily basis, need to get fucking priorities right.
    There's a massive hole in our close that I've been asking to be fixed for about a year. Nothing doing.

I won't leave it alone though, it'll get done.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Barnhurst Lane has been done. It looked like Verdun in 1918 until last week. Shame that the enormous holes in the Droveway are still there, but the 100 yards difference means different council.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Here in Burton the potholes and general road conditions are very poor. I reported some potholes right near where I live on the council's website and it took them 6 months to get them done. They haven't come loose again yet, but another one which was recently fixed a bit further away on a busier road has already come loose and has the same pothole again.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

Potholes, theres a subject that local groups on facebook never tire of discussing, that and parking

Agree re Barnhurst lane, there was more pothole than road left at the end.

Spam call from someone claiming to be HMRC saying I'm due to be arrested if I don't pay up today...

Now obviously this rubbish has been around for a while, I just had a quick chuckle at the message, reported and blocked the number, but there are plenty of people who'd be taken in. Scum who are behind this kind of shit.

Twitter
    Facebook

Myself and the missus just drove to the drycleaners on our lunch break to pick up some washing, we were on a little residential street with a small pub on the corner, tootling along around 15mph when this geezer walks out of the pub, looks left but not right towards us, and walks straight into the road.

I warned my wife 3 times to slow but she didnt slow down enough and we hit him. We were going so slow that he didnt even go onto the bonnet, he just stumbled.

I wound the window down to yell at him for not watching where he was going and when he replied I could tell he had a few. He was like 'Yeah, i know, I know...'

The thing that is eating me up now, is that he then go into a fucking lorry parked on the other footpath! I am raging as we drove off without getting a photo of him or his license plate.
    What a fucking cunt, clearly having a few in a quiet pub on a Fri lunchtime, before DRIVING A FUCKING LORRY HOME. I am raging.

Hope the cunt doesn't kill anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post

I honestly didn't think people were that stupid...

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    Spam call from someone claiming to be HMRC saying I'm due to be arrested if I don't pay up today...

Now obviously this rubbish has been around for a while, I just had a quick chuckle at the message, reported and blocked the number, but there are plenty of people who'd be taken in. Scum who are behind this kind of shit.
    Just had the same this second - sadly, though you and I can see it for what it is, it is also easy to imagine someone old or vulnerable being taken in by it.

Can't be that hard for the police/Government to trace where they're coming from, they're ostensibly UK numbers being used by the look of it. Doesn't seem like anyone gives much of a shit though.

Twitter
    Facebook

Had 2 of those - told them I would wait for someone to turn up & put the kettle on for when they did.

Still waiting.

As to the phone number used not difficult to hook up onto a diffrent number to make it look UK based
    This year we are going to break up the big 6 clubs (instead of just Arsenal)

I had a text message supposedly from HMRC trying to direct me to a website to put my bank details in for a rebate. Obviously I just deleted it.

Iíve been doing like Parkin for ages. If they ring you on your landline there is no way it can charge you.
    )

Landline? Alright Pops.

It was a crappy automated message I got, replete with dreadful grammar. Although tbf that makes it more believable that it could be HMRC.

Twitter
    Facebook

I only ever get the scam calls on my landline, though thatís probably due to my aversion in answering the mobile.
    )

If I don't recognise a number calling I don't answer it unless I'm expecting a call. We took the landline out ages ago as all we got was shitty calls on it, everyone calls the mobiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinky View Post
    it hasnít been a good week for Jeff.

Aye, it's zero tolerance for me too. Not stored in my phone, no answer. If it's important they'll leave a message.

Couldn't do that years ago when voicemail used to cost, like. The sheer fury when I was a student to retrieve a message at whatever cost it was, only for it to be some dickhead to just exhale for a second and hang up

Twitter
    Facebook

If it's important they'll leave a message.
    That's the key for me, 99 time out of 100 they don't. So fuck them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinky View Post
    it hasnít been a good week for Jeff.

I answer spam calls, and try to keep them on line as long as possible.

The way I figure it is the longer I keep them busy, the less time they have to actually get through to someone they will actually get something from.

You can also have some sport with them, although they have certainly upped their game over the years

Joking apart, I do worry for people like my Mom that would get took in by whatever anyone would tell her, she is nearly 80 and spends her life in fear of being beholden to anybody.
    Why they will qualify: Nuno Espirito Santo is actually a tactical genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Newbridge Wolf View Post
    I think its darwinian if you choose to walk down country lanes with headphones on facing the direction of traffic.

Stupid is as stupid does...
    The amount of pedestrians by me who think staring at a phone whilst listening to music creates a magic car resistant force field.
    The Right: Freedom! Market! Survival of the fittest!

Also the Right: You must not work from home. Go and buy sandwiches.

Rachel Riley accusing Micheal Rosen of holocaust denial days after he releases a book about losing family members in it. We are well and truly through the fucking looking glass.
    The Right: Freedom! Market! Survival of the fittest!

Also the Right: You must not work from home. Go and buy sandwiches.

Not really

https://twitter.com/rachelrileyrr/st...181156358?s=21

Such a shame that history is disposing of the corbynites in the bin, they are such understanding and peaceful people.
    )

84842378_10219007627554367_368466549993897984_n.jpg

I'd be useless as a policeman or a judge, some people would get the full Jeffrey Epstein treatment
    Why they will qualify: Nuno Espirito Santo is actually a tactical genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    84842378_10219007627554367_368466549993897984_n.jpg

I'd be useless as a policeman or a judge, some people would get the full Jeffrey Epstein treatment
    Got the same email sent to us from our kids school. They are still in primary school.
    )

Trying to find niche items to replace a broken stuff at home.

The old lock on the front door I can understand to an extent, it's probably 100 years old but even then there seems to be plenty of options to buy one the same overall size but with different spacing for the handle and keyhole which makes life a pain, but a replacement bulb for an under-cupboard light that can't be more than 10 years old such seems a nonsense, fuck knows where the last owner got these lights from because so far I can't find a single stockist that carries these bulbs.

Might be easier to just replace the lights completely and save myself the bother of this search any/everytime a bulb goes but bit more hesitant to completely replace the front door just yet.
    If you see a Possum, try to kill it, 'kay, it's not a pet.

I'll state the obvious re the bulbs,have you tried screw fix or a trade electrical supplier? You probably have but could have been a doh moment where you hadn't thought of them
    See post #5516 of ex wolf watch to find out why in my house,i hate Kenny Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Keef View Post
    I'll state the obvious re the bulbs,have you tried screw fix or a trade electrical supplier? You probably have but could have been a doh moment where you hadn't thought of them
    Managed to find some on Amazon eventually but they were about 70% the cost of just buying new LED fittings from Screwfix so decided to swap them instead.

Unfortunately doesn't seem to be such an easy solution to a worn old Victorian lock.
    If you see a Possum, try to kill it, 'kay, it's not a pet.

Radio 1 thinking that anybody is interested in who ‘kidnapped’ Greg James at the Brit Awards - only a few months since he and Grimmy went missing and the airwaves were filled with incessant coverage about where they could possibly be.

Thankfully I have no idea who either of them are and have no desire to find out.