Page 133 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,990 of 4406

Thread: The NFL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Metal_Warrior View Post
    I really hope it's not an issue and it's coincidence, but the Bears don't sign Black QB's. Just one in their history from memory.
    ???

Are you saying that The Bears wouldn't sign a player because of the colour of their skin?
    Wolves have ambition and wit... why is it such a crime?

Quote Originally Posted by Metal_Warrior View Post
    Oh dear Lord.
    Yet Kaepernick still can't get a job.
    That's a fair shout. He was a good QB, not great but good and would be better than MT currently.

Returned from my travels to North America. 3 days in Toronto which was spectacular, half a day at the Falls (tourist trap but the Falls themselves are worth a visit), 3 days in Buffalo taking in the Bills v Dolphins game. Buffalo is a quiet but very nice city, much maligned but way better than I was expecting. The people were fantastic, friendly and welcoming, the tailgate was great fun and the game was a good one, some terrific highlights and much tighter and closer than it could have been. Fitzpatrick was good and bad, made some great plays and then threw an INT on the goal line. Typical Fitz! Never before seen an onside kick returned for a TD, brilliant play! Josh Allen is clutch when it counts, and Frank Gore is going to the Hall of Fame.
    The poster formerly known as...

Buffalo is lovely, it just gets brutally cold and snowy from about November to April. That throws the city's (not uncommon) homelessness problem into sharp relief as they're literally fighting for their lives against the cold for four or five months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo„o Moutinho
    "I hope to win all the games."

I don't know what team the Eagles are, it's just baffling

A good one today.

I fancy the Saints to go all the way now. Brees and Thomas look outstanding and with Murray a fantastic backup to Camara that's some potency.

Yes, the Saints are the clear quality in the NFC and with likely home field advantage should be Superbowl bound...but that was the case last year

49ers running through the Panthers on both offense and defense.
    Hold the door...

Good win for the Texans yesterday considering their injury problems. JJ Watt now out for the season; to go with injuries at Wide Receiver, Offensive Line, and basically the whole of the Secondary.

Fully fit, they pose problems for any opposition, but as it is they may not make the playoffs.

Bengals have benched Dalton. Never have rated him, but unless they think their 4th round rookie is the answer then I don't really see the point.

Jets are having a fire sale. Williams yesterday, although the Giants trading for him was yet another moment in Gettleman's WTF catalogue. Bell is being shopped and looks like safety Adams is off to Dallas

For some reason I’m a Jets fan and I never have a fucking clue what the plan is but whether it’s win now, build for the future or something in between they manage to fuck it up and start again very quickly.

Jets at home to the Dolphins this week. You'd hope Bell would run riot against them.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    Jets at home to the Dolphins this week. You'd hope Bell would run riot against them.
    I thought the Fins have looked better over the last few weeks. Darnold was abysmal Sunday and Bell can't carry the team on his own.

I think Fitzmagic comes to play and the Fins win comfortably (sorry Pompey)

I was thinking the same Johnny, Fins definitely seem to be competing more so not confident, it’s in Miami as well, not at home. Who knows how Bell will be feeling after they tried to get rid already this week as well.

Joe Douglas will be a solid GM. Works the street market well, need to see what he can do drafting.

Well the aim seems to have been to pick up as many extra picks as possible so he must have some kind of coherent plant. Would make a change. Not convinced Darnold is going to be franchise level either, much as they’re desperate to force it.

Neither Douglas or Gase drafted Darnold so I definitely think he's on the hot seat. Also Douglas was pivotal in the Eagles trading up to 2 for Wentz, so if he's storing picks look out for that play

James is offline The Poster Equivalent of Bolton Wanderers
    Great win for the Ravens. It’s looking good in the AFC North

Putting 37 points on the "Best defence in NFL history" (Not my opinion) is impressive. The Patriots have played 2 good teams (Ravens and Bills) and won 1 lost 1 then beaten up on poor teams and backup QBs. We shall see if they are really that good in coming weeks when their schedule gets tough (Eagles, Texans, Cowboys and Chiefs all to play in the next few weeks). I think they lose at least 2 more games.
    The poster formerly known as...

Eagles and Texans have terrible secondaries that they'll take full advantage of and beat easily IMO. The other two will depend on how many points they score as they both have really good attacking players. If the Pats finish 13-3 it wouldn't surprise me.

Are the 49ers the only unbeaten team left?

So many awful throws from Cousins yesterday but the Vikes still should have won. Some really bad play calling towards the end of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Carrotdude View Post
    So many awful throws from Cousins yesterday but the Vikes still should have won. Some really bad play calling towards the end of the game
    Think that's something like 6-26 against sides with a winning record. Essentially a flat track bully

I watched Cousins' first two throws on RedZone and laughed my ass off. Terrible.

Dalvin Cook not getting going was annoying as well, as I had him in my team, plus Vikings -1.5 on my acca.
    Last edited by The Bear; 5th November 2019 at 07:08 AM.

James is offline The Poster Equivalent of Bolton Wanderers
    Just had a look at my Bet365 account and I’m glad I got my 3 bets in on the Ravens.
    £5 on Afc North 7/2
    £2 on the AFC championship 25/1
    £2 on the Super Bowl 40/1

Should make some of the money I’ve lost over the past few seasons

Big shock if they don't win AFC North.
    Nice odds to win AFC, but I honestly don't think they will manage it. Neutralise Jackson's running threat and they are still ok, but not great. Their game against the Texans in 2 weeks will offer a lot of clues for the playoffs.

It's snowing in Wisconsin...the season has officially started

Not sure how Vinatieri hasnít been cut yet. Missing more then he kicks now.
    As usual, Wolves fans being fickle. - Waggy on the Wing

Vinatieri this season: Field Goals 73.7%, PATs 70%.

He's not the only kicker missing PATs, but 70% does not give job security, whatever his reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennisons Wrong Foot View Post
    Vinatieri this season: Field Goals 73.7%, PATs 70%.

He's not the only kicker missing PATs, but 70% does not give job security, whatever his reputation.
    Last few weeks heís missed more than heís kicked though. And some sitters in crucial situations.

Like money Matt for Atlanta. Was fine early in the season but then his form just fell off the cliff. He was bought out of retirement as we didnít have a kicker though in the first place but has now been rightly binned again.
    As usual, Wolves fans being fickle. - Waggy on the Wing

I'm agreeing with you. he is missing way too many kicks. Vinatieri seems to have been playing for ever, but on current form he will be lucky to last the season. No team can tolerate a kicker who misses more than 25% of both field goals AND PATs.