Page 125 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,750 of 4406

Thread: The NFL Thread

  1. #3721
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Stafford
    Posts
    15,118
    Decent first touch in NFL for Christian Wade

    )

  2. #3722
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Down South...
    Posts
    2,458
    My name is Geoff...

  3. #3723
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Just south of the wall
    Posts
    1,163
    https://www.buffalobills.com/news/ch...-touchdown-run

    He can only be on the practice squad for this year whatever happens. His big shot will be next year when the Bills aren't gonna have Frank Gore and Lesean McCoy.
    Last edited by Dire Wolf; 10th August 2019 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Added a link
    The poster formerly known as...

  4. #3724
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    17,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Dire Wolf View Post
    https://www.buffalobills.com/news/ch...-touchdown-run

    He can only be on the practice squad for this year whatever happens. His big shot will be next year when the Bills aren't gonna have Frank Gore and Lesean McCoy.
    Why? Most teams keep at least 3 and often 4 RBs on their roster and with that kind of exposure who's to say he'd get through waivers.

  5. #3725
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Just south of the wall
    Posts
    1,163
    He's not eligible to make the 53 man roster this year and can't be claimed off the practice squad by any other team. He's at the Bills for this year but only as an additional player to their practice squad. They can then elevate him to the 53 man roster if they wish next year.

    Here's the explanation:

    https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...e_obada&sr=amp
    The poster formerly known as...

  6. #3726
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    17,530
    Thanks for that. He's already old for a RB, although I appreciate that's because of the workload he's not experienced, shame he doesn't have a shot this year if he were to prove good enough

  7. #3727
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Burton-On-Trent
    Posts
    44,800
    Just had notifications of my DraftKings leagues renewing, ready for the new season on Thursday Sep 6th.

    Thought I'd guage interest in plenty of time.

    Are all the below still in?
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    TWF North
    Punts.
    Darlo.
    Johnny.

    TWF South
    Bear
    James
    Tony


    This is what I was on about for next season as a head to head
    Maybe Paddy and/or Deutsch want to join in this season? Anyone else is welcome too if they fancy a go. It's all just a bit of fun, so no pressure to play.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

  8. #3728
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    17,530
    I'm in. All those that are into their NFL like Pompey and Dire should get involved. It's 5 minutes of your time, doesn't cost you money, you can change your team every week and is a bit of fun. Keep the same format though Bear

  9. #3729
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Wolverhampton
    Posts
    8,250
    In
    As usual, Wolves fans being fickle. - Waggy on the Wing

  10. #3730
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Burton-On-Trent
    Posts
    44,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Metal_Warrior View Post
    I'll have a crack.
    Cool. Welcome.

    You'll need a DraftKings account and add you on there as a friend so I can invite you to the league.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

  11. #3731
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cayman Islands
    Posts
    25,570
    I'm in

  12. #3732
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pendeford
    Posts
    67,039
    I would like to but I will pass this season. Looked at the work order book for the autumn and we look like being crazy busy so taking on something else I have to remember is probably unwise.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

    1. The Great Wall of China

    2. Low Hill at Christmas

  13. #3733
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Northallerton, North Yorkshire
    Posts
    26,359
    I'm in
    Wolves have ambition and wit... why is it such a crime?

  14. #3734
    James's Avatar
    James is offline The Poster Equivalent of Bolton Wanderers
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    200 yards from the Sea
    Posts
    16,243
    In

  15. #3735
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Burton-On-Trent
    Posts
    44,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    I would like to but I will pass this season. Looked at the work order book for the autumn and we look like being crazy busy so taking on something else I have to remember is probably unwise.
    No problem Pad. If you fancy joining in at any point I can always add you in, just to get a feel for the game.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

  16. #3736
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Burton-On-Trent
    Posts
    44,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Metal_Warrior View Post
    Created the account. Username metal_warrior.
    Invite sent
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

  17. #3737
    Yeah I’ll give it a go, will create an account this evening.

  18. #3738
    James's Avatar
    James is offline The Poster Equivalent of Bolton Wanderers
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    200 yards from the Sea
    Posts
    16,243
    Bear, would probably be better when we getting going properly to start a new thread in the predictions part of the forum to save this one getting clogged up

  19. #3739
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Burton-On-Trent
    Posts
    44,800
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Bear, would probably be better when we getting going properly to start a new thread in the predictions part of the forum to save this one getting clogged up
    Good idea.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

  20. #3740
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Burton-On-Trent
    Posts
    44,800
    There's no draft. You pick a team to a budget every week.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

  21. #3741
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Northallerton, North Yorkshire
    Posts
    26,359
    and it's bye week for the teams not listed
    Wolves have ambition and wit... why is it such a crime?

  22. #3742
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Just south of the wall
    Posts
    1,163
    Apparently the earlier information I gave about Christian Wade isn't quite right. He can get straight onto the 53 man active roster to begin the season. However, if he goes onto the practice squad he can't be brought up to the active roster at any time during the season and no other teams can claim from the Bills practice squad, essentially guaranteeing him a year to learn with the Bills. I can't see a way he makes the 53 man roster, not with Shady McCoy, Frank Gore and their 3rd round draft pick virtually guaranteed roster spots.
    The poster formerly known as...

  23. #3743
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Burton-On-Trent
    Posts
    44,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Pompey Wolf View Post
    Yeah Iíll give it a go, will create an account this evening.
    Had a quick search but couldn't see you on there.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

  24. #3744
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    17,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Dire Wolf View Post
    Apparently the earlier information I gave about Christian Wade isn't quite right. He can get straight onto the 53 man active roster to begin the season. However, if he goes onto the practice squad he can't be brought up to the active roster at any time during the season and no other teams can claim from the Bills practice squad, essentially guaranteeing him a year to learn with the Bills. I can't see a way he makes the 53 man roster, not with Shady McCoy, Frank Gore and their 3rd round draft pick virtually guaranteed roster spots.
    Don't the Bills keep 4 on their roster, I know the Eagles do? With Shady and Gore being ancient even moreso as running backs I'd be surprised if they don't. Anyway fancy a go in Bears NFL game?

  25. #3745
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Just south of the wall
    Posts
    1,163
    They might well keep 4, though I think they are one of the few remaining teams that use a FB. I guess it will come down to where they want to use their roster space.
    The poster formerly known as...

  26. #3746
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    Had a quick search but couldn't see you on there.
    Oops sorry Bear completely forgot, done it now (I think), username is pompey_wolf

  27. #3747
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Just south of the wall
    Posts
    1,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    Don't the Bills keep 4 on their roster, I know the Eagles do? With Shady and Gore being ancient even moreso as running backs I'd be surprised if they don't. Anyway fancy a go in Bears NFL game?
    With my Fantasy Football and Super 6 games to keep track of, I don't think I could cope with another one!
    The poster formerly known as...

  28. #3748
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Burton-On-Trent
    Posts
    44,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Pompey Wolf View Post
    Oops sorry Bear completely forgot, done it now (I think), username is pompey_wolf
    Cheers. Sent.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

  29. #3749
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    17,530
    Andrew Luck has had to retire, which is a real shame. Top 5 QB when fit and not having a Oline that wanted to get him killed
    Last edited by Tony Towner; 27th August 2019 at 07:14 PM.

  30. #3750
    Gutted about this, always really enjoyed watching him. Not sure how much his penchant for not exactly protecting himself on the field contributed to any of his injury problems but it was part of his appeal.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •