Page 131 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133 LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,930 of 3976

Thread: The NFL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    That interception by Cousins was brainless. Threw to a guy covered by two blokes which was never ever going to be caught.
    The best of it is the Vikings were running the ball all over the Packers on that drive and the Packers couldn't stop it. If you're going to throw and theres nothing there just throw it out of the back of the end zone - it was only 1st and goal. Shocking stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    The best of it is the Vikings were running the ball all over the Packers on that drive and the Packers couldn't stop it. If you're going to throw and theres nothing there just throw it out of the back of the end zone - it was only 1st and goal. Shocking stuff.
    I couldn't understand that throw at all, I thought he was just going to pitch it out of the back of the EZ but he was actually throwing into double coverage. It seemed such a strange decision.
    Nothing to see here...... can't offend sensitive souls.

It was almost triple coverage, off his back foot. He said he was trying to put it right in the corner so itís either out of bounds or only Diggs can get it but it was just a terrible decision. Throw it away and run it again ffs!

So it was a bad decision AND a shit throw.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

Classic Bill Belichick at the end of the Patriots game. Called a zero blitz on the very last play - while leading 43-0.

Did he even manage to crack a smile afterwards?
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

Game in Atlanta was brutal. At one point the Eagles had 4/5 of their top receivers and the QB off the field. 3 didn't play beyond the first 1/4. Atlanta had a number of players banged up as well and won by having a better secondary.

Papers over the cracks massively.
    As usual, Wolves fans being fickle. - Waggy on the Wing

Big Ben out for the season.

Looking like six weeks for Brees too.

Dallas' first 4 games:
    Giants
    'Skins
    Dolphins
    Breeseless Saints

Jammy bastards

In other news looks like Eli could be being finally put out to pasture

Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    Big Ben out for the season.
    Wonder if he'll come back next year. Rumours were that he could retire after this season, might reconsider now.
    The poster formerly known as...

Quote Originally Posted by Carrotdude View Post
    Cousins threw a stupid interception with 5 minutes left to ruin any chance of a win, the defence completely nullified Green Bay after the first quarter but that 21 points given up at the start was too many.

Not sure Cousins is the answer that I thought he would be, not that it really matters as we all know the pats are winning the Super Bowl again anyway.
    Yep Vikings left themselves far to much to do in the 2nd half. Good if not very exciting start from the packers. Loving the red zone on a Sunday evening.

Quote Originally Posted by jd1981 View Post
    Yep Vikings left themselves far to much to do in the 2nd half. Good if not very exciting start from the packers. Loving the red zone on a Sunday evening.
    Agreed, the 6-9 games on a Sunday on red zone are a big highlight of my week.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal_Warrior View Post
    Looking like six weeks for Brees too.
    With only Bridgewater and Hill as back ups I'm pretty sure the Saints are going to be 1-5 when Brees returns.

Haven't looked back in the thread to see if anyone commented, but man the end of the Bears at Broncos game: what an absolute clusferfuck from both teams. Not sure if I've seen more stupidity conspire to try and throw a game away, first by the Broncos, then the Bears and then the Broncos again... Quite funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Dire Wolf View Post
    Haven't looked back in the thread to see if anyone commented, but man the end of the Bears at Broncos game: what an absolute clusferfuck from both teams. Not sure if I've seen more stupidity conspire to try and throw a game away, first by the Broncos, then the Bears and then the Broncos again... Quite funny.
    Thought the roughing the passer call on Trubisky for the penalty that lead to the field goal was bollocks

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    Thought the roughing the passer call on Trubisky for the penalty that lead to the field goal was bollocks
    It was the whole episode from the Broncos TD on. Deciding to go for 2, getting a delay of game penalty so have to go for the PAT, miss it, get an offside on the Bears on the extra point, go for 2 again and get it to take a 1 point lead with 31s to play. And still lose. I never saw a replay of the roughing the passer penalty so can't comment, but to commit that penalty after stopping the Bears on 4th down is criminal.

Jalen Ramsey wants out of the Jags:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...ba9I&ocid=iehp

It was the whole episode from the Broncos TD on. Deciding to go for 2, getting a delay of game penalty so have to go for the PAT, miss it, get an offside on the Bears on the extra point, go for 2 again and get it to take a 1 point lead with 31s to play. And still lose. I never saw a replay of the roughing the passer penalty so can't comment, but to commit that penalty after stopping the Bears on 4th down is criminal.
    There were two roughing the passer calls in that game that were absolute dogshit calls - one for each side. It's getting ridiculous.

There were two roughing the passer calls in that game that were absolute dogshit calls - one for each side. It's getting ridiculous.
    It's just nice to have a kicker who can actually kick!

Really looking forward to seeing The Bears in 3 weeks
    Wolves have ambition and wit... why is it such a crime?

Quote Originally Posted by darlowolf64 View Post
    It's just nice to have a kicker who can actually kick!

Really looking forward to seeing The Bears in 3 weeks
    I've been to five NFL games at Wembley and never had any issues getting tickets, until I try and get tickets for the Bears! Grrrr.

I've been to five NFL games at Wembley and never had any issues getting tickets, until I try and get tickets for the Bears! Grrrr.
    That was down to Spurs insisting that they had control of sale. My brother and I have been "season ticket" holders for over 10 years and we couldn't get tickets at the first release and had to buy on second release from bloody Ticketmaster! Absolute balls up this year but at least we got 2 tickets
    Wolves have ambition and wit... why is it such a crime?

Just my luck!

Patriots have ditched Brown. I think that's him done

Apparently he sent intimidating texts to the artist woman who came out against him. Not a smart move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo„o Moutinho
    "I hope to win all the games."

If he is too toxic for the cheatriots then that must be it.
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

7 teams left undefeated at 3-0:
    49ers
    Packers
    Rams
    Bills
    Cowboys
    Chiefs
    And of course the evil empire, Patriots.

Patriots have played Steelers (0-3), Dolphins (0-16) and Jets (0-3 and with a 3rd string QB)

Best of the undefeated teams to me looks to be the Chiefs, Mahomes is playing ridiculously well. A lot of these unbeaten teams have just feasted on bad teams like the Patriots have. Bills have beaten teams who are a combined 1-8, and the Cowboys opponents have only won 1 game between them as well.

Parity in the NFL? Not so much apparently...

I have no idea how the 49ers got away with winning yesterday, they were awful. The Packers look strong but the Chiefs look the best of the bunch so far. Very impressed with Mahomes, Kelce and Robinson. I can't rate the Cowboys as they haven't played anybody decent yet.

7 teams left undefeated at 3-0:
    49ers
    Packers
    Rams
    Bills
    Cowboys
    Chiefs
    And of course the evil empire, Patriots.

Patriots have played Steelers (0-3), Dolphins (0-16) and Jets (0-3 and with a 3rd string QB)

Best of the undefeated teams to me looks to be the Chiefs, Mahomes is playing ridiculously well. A lot of these unbeaten teams have just feasted on bad teams like the Patriots have. Bills have beaten teams who are a combined 1-8, and the Cowboys opponents have only won 1 game between them as well.

Parity in the NFL? Not so much apparently...
    Chiefs will play the Pats most likely in the AFC Championship game when Andy Reid and Belichick will both do what they do at that stage

Lions are also undefeated at 2-0-1