Page 255 of 256 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256 LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,650 of 7657

Thread: Ex-Wolf Watch

My nan passed away after having alzheimers not long ago.

Vile, evil disease. I was already old enough to.understand what it was so when she asked me who I was for the first time I wasn't too upset, but the look of complete horror on her face when my dad said "it's lincs, your grandson" will be seared into my mind forever.

Theres just do many facets to it, when the patient is in and out of lucidity, when they're fully gone, and when they check out and are just completely apathetic and quiet.

God speed, Sid.

Del Woppio is offline PTG Champion 2016/17, 3rd Place 2012/13, TWF FIFA 12 Champions' League Winner
    My mom's got it unfortunately. Early stages at the moment, repeating herself constantly, just the really short term memory that's effected atm, but as she's quite young (59) I think once it starts declining it's going to go pretty quickly. It's a proper shit.
    The Formula is dead. Long live The Criteria!

I've already started to lose it a wee bit. I don't remember stuff that I used to and I forget stuff that I really should remember. I'm not even 40 yet. There's a hereditary element to it and my memory is all I have, to a point.

It terrifies me to be honest. I hope euthanasia has been legalised by the point that I get bad as absolutely fuck living like that.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

YoungWolf is offline World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Woppio View Post
    My mom's got it unfortunately. Early stages at the moment, repeating herself constantly, just the really short term memory that's effected atm, but as she's quite young (59) I think once it starts declining it's going to go pretty quickly. It's a proper shit.
    It's horrific mate. Watching my Grandad go through it was hard. He was like a completely different person in the last few years.

My mates Dad had ALS, one of the saddest things to witness, I went to see him once a week until the end not even knowing if he knew we were there or not. I don't care if its legal or not I am not going out like that ! When my dad went with cancer one of the saddest memories was at the end when he was visibly scared, you should never see your dad scared, ever.
    I have 2 friends

I ran the kitchen in a care home for about three years. Really, really horrible thing to see. We were a good home and interacted with the residents as much as possible to get feedback on the food and get them what they wanted. You end up becoming friends with some people and even the families. Damned shocking thing, dementia.

I ain't going out that way either. If I'm diagnosed I'll be ending it myself.

Adam Le Fondre scored one of his best goals for Sydney FC.

https://twitter.com/alxterrell/statu...93267087626240

GLASGOWOLF is offline Not English you say? Got my eyes on you then
    I watched some older games on You Tube today. Saw one around 1970 lost 3-0 at home to Spurs, my god the keeper was shocking, gifted Spurs 2 goals.
    Then watched 2 other games away to Spurs, I forgot just how good an keeper Lofty was, some of his saves were superb
    We have had some keepers but I am not sure who the first one was but I cannot say we have had many worse than him.

Kenny is online now Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Quote Originally Posted by GLASGOWOLF View Post
    I watched some older games on You Tube today. Saw one around 1970 lost 3-0 at home to Spurs, my god the keeper was shocking, gifted Spurs 2 goals.
    Then watched 2 other games away to Spurs, I forgot just how good an keeper Lofty was, some of his saves were superb
    We have had some keepers but I am not sure who the first one was but I cannot say we have had many worse than him.
    If it was this game, then John Oldfield

https://www.worldfootball.net/report...enham-hotspur/

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    If it was this game, the John Oldfield

It was and he was Shite

Quote Originally Posted by GLASGOWOLF View Post
    It was and he was Shite
    You will be surprised to know he didn't play many games for us

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    If it was this game, the John Oldfield

Think the Spurs game with Oldfield in goal was my first ever visit to Molineux
    FJRWolf

The bect 2 I watched we won,
    Both away

Man, I love that Costa goal.

Keith Andrews going to be part of Stephen Kenny's coaching staff.
    No decision made if Robbie going to stop on, he is on a different arrangement to what Mick and Terry Connor had, has a 4 year contract.

As for Mick cant help but still like the man, but team never really moved on from MON time, whilst Kenny was making great strides with the Under-21s both in results and style of play, is really no brainer.

Mick will still pick up a bonus of about million euros if we qualify.

Silvio (Vitoria Setúbal) One year, four starts and four managers was the extent of Silvio’s experience in England but he has gone on to become a key player with Setúbal in his native Portugal: this season he has missed one match through illness and played every minute of the other 23.
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...eaving-england
    On matchdays, I reckon it'll be a long time before my name is darlowolf...

Silvio didn't play because he was broken.

He was excellent when he did play and an absolute prince of a man.

Twitter
    Facebook

I'm sure I was at one of the games he did play, and you could see his quality.
    On matchdays, I reckon it'll be a long time before my name is darlowolf...

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    Silvio didn't play because he was broken.

He was excellent when he did play and an absolute prince of a man.
    Let me tell you, if Lloyds bank had Silvio running through fields in their adverts instead of black stallions, they'd for sure sell more mortgages.

Langers is online now Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    I went to Setubal when I was last in Portugal. Nice place.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Colchester United release players including Frank Nouble due to Covid-19 situation.

We now have six unattachees at the top of our list.

Predict how far they'll get.

Twitter
    Facebook

Jordan Graham: Gillingham or Oxford
    Phil Ofosu-Ayeh: Knackersyard FC or Norderstedt
    Connor Johnson: Someone like St Mirren
    Callum Thompson: Stourbridge
    Ming-yang Yang: A Swiss Club
    Bright Enobakhare: Coventry or Sunderland

Graham will get a L1 club I think. And hope Lambert doesn't take over.

Phil will probably finish, we couldn't even loan him out this time.

Johnson - L2. Maybe Carlisle could upgrade on Aaron Hayden.

Thompson - local non-league

Yang - Aye, lower league Switzerland. Maybe Grasshoppers as we sort of own them

Bright - L1 again. He could still make the step up to the Champ but has a lot to prove. Don't think Cov will sign him

Twitter
    Facebook

Jordan Graham interview with Timmy Can see his conflict with sticking to his own beliefs and now realising he maybe should have put a bit more effort in and if he had may have got a move like Barry Douglas...

Almost 50 senior players have left Wolves since Nuno Espirito Santo took charge in the summer of 2017, for a variety of reasons.
    Jordan Graham must surely be the only one of those to leave for the reason that, effectively, he didn’t want to play in a certain position, namely wing-back.

Perhaps surprisingly given Wolves’ lofty Premier League and Europa League status the 25-year-old, who was released by the club last week, says he has no regrets and exclusively tells The Athletic about his disagreement with Nuno over where he should fit into the 3-4-3/3-5-2 system Wolves have universally adopted for the past three years.
    Graham has known for months that he wouldn’t be offered a new contract, having been told by Kevin Thelwell before the sporting director left for New York Red Bulls in early February.

It’s something he’s quickly learned to live with and accept — and he is now hoping for a big future in the game which he believes can still take him to the very top.

Graham initially broke into the Wolves team under Kenny Jackett, when he impressed with eight assists in a 12-game spell. After being sidelined for 15 months with an ACL injury, he was involved in Nuno’s first game in charge at Wolves, coming off the bench in the opening-day victory over Middlesbrough in August 2017. He then started two Carabao Cup games — victories over Yeovil and Southampton — but was mystifyingly loaned to then-Championship promotion rivals Fulham just days after playing 90 minutes against the Saints.
    As Graham reveals, he instigated the move after clashing with Nuno over his best position.

“Nuno came in and it was a case of he wanted me to play as a wing-back and I didn’t necessarily agree,” Graham tells The Athletic’s weekly Wolves podcast, The Molineux View.

“For someone who’s played as a winger, a striker, or a No 10 for my whole career, to be told I won’t be allowed to play in that position, I thought, was quite strange.

“I gave it my all, I just didn’t really feel comfortable. I felt like I wasn’t being allowed to express myself totally. His vision was for me to do that, I wasn’t necessarily too pleased at the thought of it.

“My carer is one-v-ones, beating players, being in the final third, shots, crosses, deliveries, I felt I was a bit limited from wing-back.

“I wanted to play where (Helder) Costa and Cav (Ivan Cavaleiro) were but I was limited to playing as a wing-back. That was it really. I remember saying to him: ‘I’m not enjoying this, I’m not in the team, I’d prefer to go on loan’.

“I said (to Nuno) if that’s the case I’ll look elsewhere because I do want to play as a forward player. I completely admire Nuno as a manager, I think he’s absolutely incredible. To see how he works, trains, his vision for the club, it’s incredible and the proof is in the pudding. He’s amazing. I don’t have a bad word to say about him at all as a manager.

“I’d try and say I could play and could I train more forward and I wasn’t allowed to, his vision was for me to play as a wing-back.

“Now I look at the way Doc (Matt Doherty) plays I think I could do, for sure. The vision, I understand it, but at the time I felt I was under-performing.

“I felt I wasn’t able to show him the real Jordan Graham, the one who rips defenders, chops people, delivers crosses, gets shots off. I felt like ‘I’m not going to get in this team here, Doc’s a more natural full-back than I am’.”

A loan spell at Fulham didn’t work out with Graham playing only three times as a substitute. He returned to Wolves in January 2018 for another chance to impress Nuno, but again the pair disagreed. Graham would never play for the club again.

Graham explains: “I came back in January, he sat me down, we went through Doc’s clips and he said ‘what is it here that you see as the difference between him and yourself’. There wasn’t much difference and he said ‘I really think you can do it’.

“I tried again and, I wouldn’t say there was an incident, (but) there was something he explained what he wanted me to do the next time I got the ball. I tried to follow it and clearly did that wrong. We had a meeting that afternoon and it was mutual more than anything (to agree it wasn’t working).

“I think he has a lot of respect for me, in the way that I told him what I felt I was comfortable doing. He said ‘it’s this way or no way’. His vision was for me to play there and my vision kind of wasn’t. That was it.”

Graham was sent to train with the under-23s. Wolves were promoted to the Premier League a few months later and the winger has since had loan spells with Ipswich, Oxford and Gillingham.

Despite Wolves’ continued success, Graham says he doesn’t regret anything.

“There are no sour grapes, it’s just football,” he says. “I wouldn’t change a thing. It’s a sad time to leave. Relationships with managers in football, sometimes they work and sometimes they don’t.

“He tried Adama (Traore) at wing-back and I think it’s clear to see he plays much better in a forward position with Doc behind him.

“I probably wish that’s what I’d had. But I was never given that opportunity, I was never allowed to show him what I could in a forward position, which to this day I find really odd, I’m as out-and-put a forward player as you can get.

“I do have moments when I think what could have been, but hindsight’s amazing and we could all do that.

“I look back and think if I had have learned the position better and I played it better and he liked me more, maybe I’d be in the Premier League now, but it is what it is.

“I believe I’m in a better place than I was when I played for Wolves, which must be hard for people to believe, but I really think I am and that’s why I’m excited for the future. I genuinely believe now I’m strong, I’m fitter and I cannot wait to see what the future holds in the next part of my career.

“I really hope (Wolves) continue to succeed to the level that they are. I love Wolves as a club, they’ll always have a place in my heart and I love the fans, they’ve been incredible with me.”

That's a good balanced article. The whole thing comes down to a difference of opinion, happens in every walk of life. I admire his confidence but not sure he has the ability he thinks he has.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny75 View Post
    That's a good balanced article. The whole thing comes down to a difference of opinion, happens in every walk of life. I admire his confidence but not sure he has the ability he thinks he has.
    It is but I think he has missed a point Nuno was trying to make with him. For me it wasn't about him being just a RWB but installing a different ethic into him. He only had to look at the work Costa/Cav/Jota did in helping our the defence. He has done it with Traore. Doesn't matter how much of an attacking player you are under Nuno, you have to work and help out in defending and the press.

I remember seeing him play in a reserve game and tweeting that he was one to watch. His Mom actually replied to the tweet thanking me!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny75 View Post
    Yes its a shame it hasn;t worked out for him, as I really thought he would have kicked on under Nuno. This bit stands out a bit for me:

“My carer is one-v-ones, beating players, being in the final third, shots, crosses, deliveries, I felt I was a bit limited from wing-back.
    He is (was?) good, but I don;t remember him roasting players. Much better crosser than any of our other WBs though.
    )