Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing thread

Ward outclassed Froch last time and nothing will change if they fight again. Froch should just fight Chavez jr as he apparently wants to fight in Vegas before he retires.

Chuffed to bits! Groves has talent but a hell of a gob and got hit by a sweet shot. Night Night and well played. Scurry off and work on your defence.
    Not really a Wolves fan according to Tredman.

Without that gob there wouldn't have been a fight, i have no idea why people criticise boxers for what they say before a fight because most of it is to help promote it. What should matter is what they say after it and Groves has been nothing but gracious.

Quote Originally Posted by slink View Post
    Without that gob there wouldn't have been a fight, i have no idea why people criticise boxers for what they say before a fight because most of it is to help promote it. What should matter is what they say after it and Groves has been nothing but gracious.
    He had to be. He was nothing but ungracious in the build up to the first fight, the first fight result, the build up to the second fight and got sat on his arse. I get the need to promote the fight. Groves got personal in both fight build ups and it didnt work.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-_-man View Post
    He had to be. He was nothing but ungracious in the build up to the first fight, the first fight result, the build up to the second fight and got sat on his arse. I get the need to promote the fight. Groves got personal in both fight build ups and it didnt work.
    It was personal between Eubank and Benn. When there's a genuine dislike there it sells. If Groves hadn't done what he did there wouldn't be half the interest in the fight, and in the first fight it did work, Groves out boxed Froch pretty much while it lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    It was personal between Eubank and Benn. When there's a genuine dislike there it sells. If Groves hadn't done what he did there wouldn't be half the interest in the fight, and in the first fight it did work, Groves out boxed Froch pretty much while it lasted.
    Groves got to Froch first time and Froch "got away with it" . I said he wouldnt make the same mistake twice and he didnt. Better show all round and Groves was found out this time

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-_-man View Post
    Groves got to Froch first time and Froch "got away with it" . I said he wouldnt make the same mistake twice and he didnt. Better show all round and Groves was found out this time
    I disagree that he got found out, i think he showed that he's not got the experience that Froch has and got far too confident and forget that he was fighting a dangerous fighter. For me Groves was infront and going to make it 5-3 after that 8th round until he got too cocky. I know a lot of people think Froch was infront but imo they were being clouded by the amount of punches he was throwing, how he was throwing them (in bunches) and by the fact that he was coming forward. Groves was the more accurate puncher and quite often stood and blocked every punch Froch was throwing in those bursts. As i've said he got too cocky knew he was getting to Froch and paid for it in the biggest way possible. Hopefully for British boxing he learns from that and comes back better.

Frank Moloney....wow, didn't see that coming!

Chris Eubank reckons his son is the most talented fighter since....

You'll never guess who...

Seriously, has anyone seen Eubank Jr fight? Is he anywhere near as good as his mad-dad thinks?

Seen him a few times on C5, generally against absolute tincans. Technique looks sound enough but he wasn't putting away very limited opposition with any great conviction.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Sounds like he'll have a hard enough time living up to his old man's reputation, never mind that of Sugar Ray.

Boring fight but Fury was very impressive. Looks a much better fighter than a few years back and he seems to have a brain in his head now. I can see Klitschko ducking him for glass chin Wilder though.
    Share of the vote in England:

1983 27%, 1987 30%, 1992 34%, 1997 44%, 2001 41%, 2005 35%, 2010 28%, 2015 32%, 2017 42%, 2019 34%

Cosy consensus makes for a boring forum.

Just watched the fight, would have loved Pacquao to have knocked him out but it was classic Artisan v Warrior and it was a boxing masterclass.

He was brilliant.
    "I know I believe in nothing, but it is my nothing."

That fight was fixed. If it took place anywhere other than the States, Pacquiao wins it for sure
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post

I honestly didn't think people were that stupid...

Quote Originally Posted by Dublin Drummer Wolf View Post
    That fight was fixed. If it took place anywhere other than the States, Pacquiao wins it for sure
    On what basis?

We were watching it live, and after 3 or 4 rounds it was clear that Manny out punched Floyd, and we fully expected Manny to have won 3 out of 4 rounds. We couldn't believe it when we saw the Judges had scored it the other way.

Pacquiao was more aggressive, Floyd covered up for the majority, and while he did land some solid hits, there's no way he won it by 118 to 111. I firmly believe the judges were influenced by the Mayweather machine, let's not forget he got to choose the venue, the purse, the ref etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post

I honestly didn't think people were that stupid...

We were watching it live, and after 3 or 4 rounds it was clear that Manny out punched Floyd, and we fully expected Manny to have won 3 out of 4 rounds. We couldn't believe it when we saw the Judges had scored it the other way.

Pacquiao was more aggressive, Floyd covered up for the majority, and while he did land some solid hits, there's no way he won it by 118 to 111. I firmly believe the judges were influenced by the Mayweather machine, let's not forget he got to choose the venue, the purse, the ref etc.
    Well i watched it live too and it was clear after 3 rounds that Mayweather had won all 3 rounds. He made Manny miss so many times, he absolutely schooled him. Manny looked like he was throwing a high volume of punches but they weren't hitting, Floyd either blocked them or was moving out of the way and counter punching with 2/3 excellent shots.

Floyd won easily, i had Manny winning 3 rounds and maybe at a push he could have won 4 but looking like the aggressor isn't enough if you can't hit the other man which he couldn't do. The stats for the fight have been published since and it's shown Floyd actually threw more punches than Manny and landed 34% compared to 19%. Boxing is about not getting hit and hitting the other guy and Floyd did that with real class.

I watched the whole fight, Pacquiao couldn't lay a glove on him, not the spectacle the average fight fan wanted to see but for the purist it was a boxing masterclass from one of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by ROVERT47 View Post
    I watched the whole fight, Pacquiao couldn't lay a glove on him, not the spectacle the average fight fan wanted to see but for the purist it was a boxing masterclass from one of the best.
    Exactly, i'm not sure why anyone thought it was going to be a tear up and that Floyd was going to fight any other way.

To steal a quote

You don't know shit about boxing

He didn't though. Aggression doesn't mean better, look at the accuracy stats and punched thrown.

May I suggest the judges know more in this case?

I had it 116/112

For those who haven't seen it.

Full fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iWW...ature=youtu.be
    In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.

James DeGale beats Andre Dirrell by unanimous decision, a new British world champion. Never thought he had it in him.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

He deserved that. Shouldn't have started to back off but i think he knew he had enough and in the last couple of rounds he showed that. Carl Froch is a dickhead, how was that a disappointing performance?

Was the Canadian judge on drugs?

Quote Originally Posted by slink View Post
    He deserved that. Shouldn't have started to back off but i think he knew he had enough and in the last couple of rounds he showed that. Carl Froch is a dickhead, how was that a disappointing performance?
    He nearly let it slip that's why. To win on two cards by only two points despite two knockdown shows it for what it was. Closer than it needed to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by North West Wanderer View Post
    He nearly let it slip that's why. To win on two cards by only two points despite two knockdown shows it for what it was. Closer than it needed to be.

It still wasn't a disappointing performance though, maybe a little naive but he's still learning and especially in big fights, he will have learnt a lot from the fight hopefully. Point still stands on Froch no matter what, he is a dickhead.

Frock has the right to be a dickhead and he's no worse than coke head calzaghe