Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Skyrim Discussion Thread

Skyrim Discussion Thread

Just thought it may be a good idea to have a separate thread about all things Skyrim.
    All I would stipulate is No Spoilers Please.

I'd just like to say that I'm doing the quests at Winterhold and I've just come out of the cave that is Labyrinth.

How big is that place? Bigger than most normal video games!

I'm now on 80 hours and I've done nothing of the main quest, no other guilds...just The Companions questline completed so far.

If ever a games company had asked me what I wanted from a game, this would of ticked nearly every box.

Just started. I am in windhelm and have a few quests to do. The game is a level of genius I cannot believe.
    Don't wear no leather to fit in
    Don't wear no spikes to be cool
    Don't need no woman beside him
    Just make it fast loud and rude

I got killed by a ten foot Penguin..

I'm going to finish MW3 before I start Skyrim. Should be tomorrow then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    FFS, Booz, this high horse you're on lately is bewildering.

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Good idea to start a separate thread, Hereford.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

My hoss was outside Riften when a dragon attacked. I (and the city guards) killed the dragon and when I went back to the gate my horse was gone. I spent another day or two in the city doing stuff and still my horse didn't come back. I pop to the stables, spend 1000 gold on a new horse and trot off, I round the corner and who comes running up to me but the horse I'd assumed eaten by the dragon...................................

Any idea what I can do with two horse bar kill one? My companion doesn't ride apprantly.

Well, I've done a fair bit of 'rimming recently, and have completed the Companions Quest line, I have done a couple of the Thieves' Guild Quest Line and I am about to enter the Labyrinth for the conclusion of the College of Winterhold Quest line. I haven't done much of the main quest line apart from visit the Greybeard on High Hrothgar.
    Write down everything you know about football on the back of a postage stamp. In the space you have left over you can draw a picture...

Hardly touched it since before Christmas - need a serious session to get a bit further into it. I'm on my way to try and kill the ice wraith for the College of Winterhold.

Question - why on earth is this colossal game only on 1 disc, when the likes of LA Noire (awesome game) takes 3? LA Noire is exactly a small game, but it's nowhere near the size of Skyrim.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Langdale Wolf View Post
    Hardly touched it since before Christmas - need a serious session to get a bit further into it. I'm on my way to try and kill the ice wraith for the College of Winterhold.

Question - why on earth is this colossal game only on 1 disc, when the likes of LA Noire (awesome game) takes 3? LA Noire is exactly a small game, but it's nowhere near the size of Skyrim.
    With LA Noire, I think it's down to the fact that graphically it is so advanced it uses up masses of disc space. The motion-scanning must use a lot of capacity, especially as they had to do it for something like 400 characters. Graphically Skyrim isn't anywhere close to as impressive as LA Noire. If Skyrim had the motion scanning I reckon it would need about 10 discs.
    Write down everything you know about football on the back of a postage stamp. In the space you have left over you can draw a picture...

Gotcha - that makes sense!

Right, I'm off for a bit of 'rimming...

Got to get onto this today, MW3 is becoming a bore...

Quote Originally Posted by Boozad View Post
    Got to get onto this today, MW3 is becoming a bore...
    Blitzed MW3 in under 5 hours. Pretty, but uninspiring.

Skyrim is as different to it as its possible to be - massive, engaging, addictive, thorough and a triumph of gaming.

Would it be considered bad parenting to kick a seven year old off lego boy wizard to play skyrim?

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    Would it be considered bad parenting to kick a seven year old off lego boy wizard to play skyrim?
    No - They need to know who's boss sometimes!

Started but have merely scratched the surface, thread will no doubt be a constant source of information!
    If it takes ten to kill you, I'll take nine

I now have ended up in winterhold. I was looking for the college but there are plenty of other quests to pick up there. I also tried to explore the shipwreck near whitehelm but died a lot there.

Del Woppio is offline PTG Champion 2016/17, 3rd Place 2012/13, TWF FIFA 12 Champions' League Winner
    Been playing for about four hours. I'm enjoying it, without really knowing what I'm doing. I should probably stop attacking people as I'm rubbish at it. Don't really understand what I'm doing, but it's enjoyable. Maybe I'll read the manual.

Head north and have fun up there. Being savages by morkers which look like a vicious walrus is always a giggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    Head north and have fun up there. Being savages by morkers which look like a vicious walrus is always a giggle.
    I haven't been touched by one of those yet, the big slow bastards, they're great for getting your archery levelled up, big slow targets.
    If you see a Possum, try to kill it, 'kay, it's not a pet.

Do some simple tasks to boost your skill levels up. If you're not very good at the combat work on your Sneak and Archery skills, you can kill quite a few lower level enemies without them even seeing you or getting close enough to fight back.

What style of character/player has everyone gone for? I'm very much like I've said above, my Sneak and Archery skills are both now around 80. I've barely used a 2-handed weapon at all in the game and I have never once equipped a War Axe, Warhammer or Mace.

I've been playing about three hours and am getting used to the iron sword pretty quickly and had a couple of kills with the longbow. Haven't got my head around magic yet either, even though I chose mage at those stone things. I've headed up to Bleak Falls Barrow to look for some sort of tablet for a mage, I've stumbled into some Golden Claw mission that I wasn't looking for too, but the way this game looks I don't care how much I have to do or how long it takes. This will save me a lot of money gaming-wise moving forward as it looks quality after just a little time on it.

I'm a heavy armour, one handed weapon, conjuration and destruction magic guy.

I see an enemy. I conjure a Flame Antranoch, let Lydia go in with her powerful Fire Damage Ebony Sword and then I follow up with my Super Shock Glass War Axe....

Job done most of the time!

I also sneak a lot and use a Bound Bow when the situation dictates.

Seem to be one handed melee fighter. Just got my first level up so will see what happens.

Well I managed to get the Golden Claw after killing a huge Frost Spider and chasing this bloke who was tangled up in a web. But after killing him and taking the Claw I need to go deeper into the temple and there are these dead things that keep coming out of the walls and killing me with ease. If there were one or two of them I'd be OK but there are three of them in the first chamber with planty more after and I just can't do it. Think I need to level up some before going back to take them on and get the final secret.

Well I managed to get the Golden Claw after killing a huge Frost Spider and chasing this bloke who was tangled up in a web. But after killing him and taking the Claw I need to go deeper into the temple and there are these dead things that keep coming out of the walls and killing me with ease. If there were one or two of them I'd be OK but there are three of them in the first chamber with planty more after and I just can't do it. Think I need to level up some before going back to take them on and get the final secret.
    Do you need to level up...or do you need to be clever?

There are a lot of ways in this game to kill things that you think are impossible....but they can be really easy.

Look at what weapons and spells you have. Look at places you can hide behind and shoot. Look at Scrolls you can use. There are always a lot of options......

The other thing you can do to help you here is go back to Riverwood and talk to Sven, he'll ask you to give a letter implicating a character called Faendal to the woman he likes. Go to her, tell the truth about it, then go and talk to Faendal and you'll find you can ask him to follow you as you need help. Having an extra body on your side doesn't half help... You can also then pay Faendal to train you to be better at Archery, and then ask to trade things and just take your gold back. Rinse and repeat and before you know it your archery skill is shooting up.

If those things are draugrs they are vulnerable to fire apparently.

They are indeed Draugrs. I've tried a fire spell on them but my magic ran out very quickly and it didn't kill them. I'll be back on it soon and will try some other stuff.