Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Grow Your Own" Thread

BASTARD GODFORESAKEN CUNTING SLUGS AND SNAILS A POX ON YOUR FUCKING HOUSES!!!!
    On matchdays, I reckon it'll be a long time before my name is darlowolf...

Quote Originally Posted by lemonjelly View Post
    BASTARD GODFORESAKEN CUNTING SLUGS AND SNAILS A POX ON YOUR FUCKING HOUSES!!!!
    Not to mention the squirrel who digs up everything in my pots to bury stuff it has nicked off the bird table

We're not to bad from a squirrel point of view, suspect the recently acquired cat (hello ruben!) sees to that.

Have had to sow more toms, and will sow more marigolds too as a result.

Trying to avoid putting slug pellets down, owing to the aforementioned cat.

On the positive side, the sweet peas are doing well, and a number of peas have sprouted (I love peas, but have never had any luck growing them.)

I'm away for a couple of days next week. When I come home I'll be starting planting out.

Started ordering seeds, starting to get excited

#sadsod
    Why they will qualify: Nuno Espirito Santo is actually a tactical genius.

what you ordered mate?
    I'll just be sowing most of the contents of the seed tin to finish off what's in there. think I need to get some leeks, but otherwise it'll be what is already in.

Brussel sprouts, carrots, beetroot etc, I'm also going to try sweetcorn, might look at supplying Kellogs
    The tomatoes, cucumber and courgettes I buy as young plants from a local garden centre at bit later on.
    Why they will qualify: Nuno Espirito Santo is actually a tactical genius.

Haven't started thinking about it yet.

Working away loads for the next 4-6 months so might just buy tomato plants, courgettes, etc.

I know my lawn needs a long mow already, a good month before it did last year.

Not vegetable related but I purchased a tree last year to put in the garden and the idea is that my dogs ashes will be buried next to it. I haven't done it yet as I didn't want it to interfere with its growth to begin with.

Anyway it chocabloc full of pink blossom. Don't ask me what kind it is as all that I do know is that its not a cherry blossom. In these uncertain times its at least giving me the pleasure of remembering the big smelly fecker and is something of colour in this drab world.

Panic buy vegetable seeds not bog rolls
    Time that you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.

Todays planning for the forthcoming armageddon saw me planting seeds. Tomatoes, parsnips, thyme, basil, lettuce and beans. Going to need to get some compost. Need a few new seeds too. Flowers will be later this week, and another round of crops will be in about 3-4 weeks.

Noticed the buds have opened on the blackcurrant. The blueberry plant has buds, and some raspberries are starting to grow.

Sometime this week I'll get the first bulbs out the shed, as they are starting to sprout.

Spent a productive day hoe-ing the soil. Got the strimmer out to make things look a little tidier.

Not looking forward to scarifying the lawn with a hand rake! usually borrow my dads electric one, but he's in the vulnerable group so can't access it.

Weeded the veg beds today & about to plant various things as the sun has finally come out.

Grass is ankle height now as the lawnmower has finally packed up (still have had it for 16 yrs so got good value for money) - replacement should arive tomorrow. Then again I've never been that obsesseive over what it looks like.
    This year we are going to break up the big 6 clubs (instead of just Arsenal)