Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolves 1 Norwich 0 - the Verdict thread

James is offline The Poster Equivalent of Bolton Wanderers

Wolves 1 Norwich 0 - the Verdict thread

A good win to start the season.

Great start to the season. Really lovely stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo„o Moutinho
    "I hope to win all the games."

Van La Parra looked awesome on the wing, Olson was beat 9 times out of 10 and deserved a red.

That's a cracking win. Never really looked troubled and RVLP was superb.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

That's a hell of a debut by vlp... Hope he can keep that standard up!

Freddeno is offline Koscielny Fan Club President, PTG Euro Winner 2016 and all round FPU artist - Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    That's a cracking win. Never really looked troubled and RVLP was superb.
    Agreed, and still McDonald werent that good with Sako and Dicko, plenty more to come

Great win, game changed on the sending off that was brought about by van la parra showing immense pace and then great work from him to assist Edwards' goal. Norwich look a bit toothless still but I think they'll do well this season overall.

Really liking the look of the squad now, Jacobs, Henry, price, Ricketts all on the bench. Hopefully wood to come in to provide a better option than Clarke who looked pretty ordinary when he came on and Rowe to provide another option to Evans who was poor overall but better after the sending off.

Lovely start to the season!

Is this RSVP any good then?

Freddeno is offline Koscielny Fan Club President, PTG Euro Winner 2016 and all round FPU artist - Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrotdude View Post
    Great win, game changed on the sending off that was brought about by van la parra showing immense pace and then great work from him to assist Edwards' goal. Norwich look a bit toothless still but I think they'll do well this season overall.

Really liking the look of the squad now, Jacobs, Henry, price, Ricketts all on the bench. Hopefully wood to come in to provide a better option than Clarke who looked pretty ordinary when he came on and Rowe to provide another option to Evans who was poor overall but better after the sending off.

Lovely start to the season!
    Hooper is deadly though, happy he didnt feature today, but as i have said im impressed how we could seise tha game out by holding the ball

Watched it on the box. What a game and result!!! Not only did we get the win, we played superbly and looked unplayable. RVLP looks a great addition and Kevin Mac is just simply a class act, always looks comfortable on the ball. Just watching KJ's post match interview and he commented that he has made enquiries with Wood but it's a long way off yet.

Thought we looked great in possession, a couple of times we got caught out, thought Evans improved further into the second half. Norwich only troubled us a couple of times and Stearman was great at blocking the couple of shots that they did get away. As most others seem to be saying, I thought Van La Parra was fantastic, he's fast, got some decent skill and a good cross on him.

Quote Originally Posted by adwolf returns View Post
    Is this RSVP any good then?

RVLP? ;-) he looks absolutely superb albeit only seen him play one game.

A decent performance, but the game definitely changed after the sending off. Norwich are a good team and will be there or thereabouts, so it was a great result to beat them.

Great result. RvlP had a quality debut and that's without anybody else really firing. Liking the depth we have out wide and hope McDonald and Rowe can forge a more solid partnership than McD and Evans. Golbourne, Stearman and Batth were excellent I thought. Doherty is still poor defensively so I hope Ricketts is fit soon.

Pleased we kept our style from last season and how dangerous are we when teams press forward?
    Nothing to see here...... can't offend sensitive souls.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMunro-371 View Post
    A decent performance, but the game definitely changed after the sending off. Norwich are a good team and will be there or thereabouts, so it was a great result to beat them.
    ..and you were correct(for once)

Jinky is online now Has better things to do and a life. Also a total arse.
    I think we have to congratulate Kenny with his starting 11 as well. There were a few eyebrows raised when the team was announced without Ricketts or Jacobs but it all fell in to place and he has proven again that we need to trust him.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny75 View Post
    Great result. RvlP had a quality debut and that's without anybody else really firing. Liking the depth we have out wide and hope McDonald and Rowe can forge a more solid partnership than McD and Evans. Golbourne, Stearman and Batth were excellent I thought. Doherty is still poor defensively so I hope Ricketts is fit soon.

Pleased we kept our style from last season and how dangerous are we when teams press forward?
    shit, forgot we also have Rowe..i really hope we get Wood so we can change our gamplan regarding opposition

Quote Originally Posted by Jinky View Post
    I think we have to congratulate Kenny with his starting 11 as well. There were a few eyebrows raised when the team was announced without Ricketts or Jacobs but it all fell in to place and he has proven again that we need to trust him.
    agreed, "he knows what he is doing"....not Saunders is he..? what a bellend he was/is

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMunro-371 View Post
    Agree with this however we were the stronger team throughout, not just after the sending off.

Good on the ref as well for not bottling the red card, seen that happen so often.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

I think in hindsight it was more about van la parra being more suited to playing wide right than Jacobs (imo it's his worst position) and Edwards being the man in possession as the number 10. Worked perfectly in the end, Edwards finally proving to be that goalscoring midfielder he was always touted as despite never really proving it. Him and Jacobs play it quite differently, Jacobs drops off Dicko and picks up space while Edwards will make the runs beyond the striker and get in the box more like today.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthWestWolf View Post
    Agree with this however we were the stronger team throughout, not just after the sending off.
    Came at the perfect time as Norwich were threatening at that point.

The sending off definitely turned the game. They were on top at that point and looked like scoring.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

Absolutely, plus kJ's post match interview showed that his feet are firmly on the ground.

How good was Scott Golbourne today? Quality.
    This year, to save me from tears
    I'll give it to Hťlder Costa

Lee Evans seemed to get a bit of slack on Social Media.

Never troubled, very similar to last season, if Norwich are considered one *the* teams then I'm a very happy man!

Lee Evans was the poorest Wolves player imo, but he wasn't dreadful. Once we had scored and he had a touch more space he looked more composed, perhaps he just needs game time.

Impressed by RVLP and thought the team looked pretty solid generally.
    "FFS Costa" with or without an apostrophe?

Van La Parra...quality, loved watching him! And we managed to get him on a free too!
    ďThough this be madness, yet there is method in't.Ē

Devon, via Whitmore Reans and Castlecroft
    Yes, all of the above but - we played good on the telly!!!