Page 3 of 425 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    I find bottles far more gassy than beer from the tap.

Still enjoy a nice bottled beer though.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Langdale Wolf View Post

We haven't got a dedicated Beer thread to the best of my knowledge. I'm a fan of beer. So I thought I'd start a thread about it.

One of the reasons is that I finally tried a bottle of Innis and Gunn last night. I know Wolf Hunting and DDW have spoken about it a fair bit. I was quite impressed actually - certainly better than the rest of the $#@!ty lagers being served on tap (it was All Bar One in Brum - not my choice of pub but it was a mate's party).

Looking forward to some BATHAMS next weekend. Not had any in a few weeks now.
    Ahem. http://www.wolvesforum.co.uk/showthr...-no-longer-see.

I'm with DDW in liking Weissbeer but to be honest I will drink anything that takes my fancy. Nothing worse than drinking watery lager in town centres.
    http://www.puritybrewing.com/own-ales.cfm
    Purity Gold most impressed me recently but I wasn't quite so keen on the UBU.

Purity is lovely. Good call.

Mad Goose is my favourite Purity beer.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

mmmm.. Bathams, I'm Jealous.
    A few years ago when I played footy in the AFA we'd hire a minibus whenever we were away at Old Wulfs or Old Duds and make a night of it after the game. Generally starting in The Lamp for a few Bathams...Happy days.
    Generally I'm on Bishops Finger from Tesco these days as there is not a whole lot in the ale dept over here. I'm gonna give the Innis and Gunn a try.
    In bottled ales I can recommend McEwans Champion, but it needs treating with some respect as it's powerful stuff. I fill the car with that, Old Empire and Pedigree whenever I'm up in Northern Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by arklowolf View Post
    I fill the car with that, Old Empire and Pedigree whenever I'm up in Northern Ireland!
    Well it's one way to dodge high fuel prices.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

So the general jist of this thread leads me to conclude that this forum is full of piss heads...

machin05 is offline MURDERS BADGERS. PTG Dogsbody and Spreadsheet MasterN3rd
    We just have good taste!
    Socks before or after trousers, but never before pants. That's the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by machin05 View Post
    A couple of supermarket favs are:

St Peters Golden Ale

Badger Fursty Ferret

and Badger Tangle Foot

In fact, anything from Badger is a pretty sure bet.
    Fully agree I would recommend anyone to stock up with Badger ales when in the supermarket. They are lovely Hopping Hare is another of my favourites. A beer that has popped up in Wolvo Banks's pubs called Single Hop from IIRC New Zealand? Is bang on. It may be a guest beer so not around for too long?

South West Trains serve Tanglefoot on their trains. Granted, it's from a tin, but nonetheless it's still a decent beverage.

machin05 is offline MURDERS BADGERS. PTG Dogsbody and Spreadsheet MasterN3rd
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Fully agree I would recommend anyone to stock up with Badger ales when in the supermarket. They are lovely Hopping Hare is another of my favourites. A beer that has popped up in Wolvo Banks's pubs called Single Hop from IIRC New Zealand? Is bang on. It may be a guest beer so not around for too long?
    Ooooh yeah, Hopping Hare is well bum. I'm not mad keen on there fruity/peachy/honey flavoured ones though.
    Socks before or after trousers, but never before pants. That's the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Wombat del combate View Post
    South West Trains serve Tanglefoot on their trains. Granted, it's from a tin, but nonetheless it's still a decent beverage.
    No such thing as a quality canned ale. FACKT.