Page 421 of 424 FirstFirst ... 321371411419420421422423 ... LastLast
Results 12,601 to 12,630 of 12704

Thread: Beer

  1. #12601
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    29,832
    Just had a Random Rules - very good indeed.

  2. #12602
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The best part of Wolvo.
    Posts
    28,229
    Doesn’t surprise me from Verdant, they’re still fucking ace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    FFS, Booz, this high horse you're on lately is bewildering.

  3. #12603
    Quote Originally Posted by Nando View Post
    Just had a Random Rules - very good indeed.
    I had one last week. Unsurprisingly good.
    Cosy consensus makes for a boring forum.

  4. #12604
    Quote Originally Posted by Boozad View Post
    Cloudwater - A Wave In The Marlborough Sounds NZ DDH Pale Ale 5.5%
    Guineu - Pecan Nut Black Velvet Imperial Stout 9.5%
    Guineu - Il Goloso Orange & Muscovado Sugar Imperial Stout 9.2%
    Guineu - IPA Amarillo 6.5%
    North Brewing Co. x Gamma - IPA Papaya & Simcoe 7%
    Track - Baco Coffee & Coconut Stout 6.5%
    Verdant - Random Rules IPA 6.5%
    Wylam - Economic Growth Of The Geek DDH IPA 6.8%
    Buxton x Verdant - Matters of Perspective IPA 6.6%
    Cloudwater - A Fire By The Bines NZ DIPA 8%
    BrewDog - Bird Brained Barracuda Baltic Porter BA Rum 9.2%
    Magic Rock - Luminance NE IPA 6.5%
    Northern Monk - Patrons Project 17.05 Neale's Sour Purple Grapes Five Fruit Gose 4.5%
    Northern Monk x Gamma - Patrons Project 7.06 Humle DDH DIPA 8.2%
    I've had a few of Guineu's beers whilst in Catalunya. Decent stuff.
    Cosy consensus makes for a boring forum.

  5. #12605
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The best part of Wolvo.
    Posts
    28,229
    Quote Originally Posted by leedswolf View Post
    I've had a few of Guineu's beers whilst in Catalunya. Decent stuff.
    The prices were excellent, I think only the second one was above four quid. Had to give them a try for that. Were they that cheap out there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    FFS, Booz, this high horse you're on lately is bewildering.

  6. #12606
    Quote Originally Posted by Boozad View Post
    The prices were excellent, I think only the second one was above four quid. Had to give them a try for that. Were they that cheap out there?
    They would be about €4 - €4.50.
    Cosy consensus makes for a boring forum.

  7. #12607
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ynyshir
    Posts
    7,799
    October's Beer52 light box:

    Garden - Hazy Pale
    Trzech Kumpli - PIA NZ Session IPA
    Big Smoke - Medicine Man IPA
    Northern Monk - Origin IPA
    Five Points - Micro Pale
    Gipsy Hill - Hunter Helles Lager
    SALT - Jute Session IPA
    Bianca Road - Blood Orange IPA

  8. #12608
    I'm not overly impressed with Salt'a stuff tbh.
    Cosy consensus makes for a boring forum.

  9. #12609
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ynyshir
    Posts
    7,799
    Will keep that in mind, I've yet to sample that brewery yet.

    Thoughts on Northern Monk's Origin IPA?

  10. #12610
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northallerton
    Posts
    2,462
    Quote Originally Posted by leedswolf View Post
    I'm not overly impressed with Salt'a stuff tbh.
    Tried "The Leafer" a collab with Bad Co yesterday (didn't realise it was a Bad Co collab when picking it up...).

    It wasn't one I'd recommend tbh, it was a really average NEIPA.

    I also had "Buddleia, butterflies, rust and messages" 6.5% IPA by Verdant, which was lush. Full of stone fruit flavours, thick and juicy!
    "FFS Costa" with or without an apostrophe?

  11. #12611
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolemai View Post
    Will keep that in mind, I've yet to sample that brewery yet.

    Thoughts on Northern Monk's Origin IPA?
    It's a bit 'Meh'.
    Cosy consensus makes for a boring forum.

  12. #12612
    Quote Originally Posted by Aikiwolf View Post
    Tried "The Leafer" a collab with Bad Co yesterday (didn't realise it was a Bad Co collab when picking it up...).

    It wasn't one I'd recommend tbh, it was a really average NEIPA.

    I also had "Buddleia, butterflies, rust and messages" 6.5% IPA by Verdant, which was lush. Full of stone fruit flavours, thick and juicy!
    Buddleia, etc. is superb.
    Cosy consensus makes for a boring forum.

  13. #12613
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northallerton
    Posts
    2,462
    Wednesday and day out with the wife meaning I get to sip a Fierce Beer and Amundsen Brewery collab called "Stardust Galaxies" 6% NEIPA, very fruity with loads of hops at the start. Finish a little weak but a good beer nonetheless.
    "FFS Costa" with or without an apostrophe?

  14. #12614
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Burton-On-Trent
    Posts
    45,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Aikiwolf View Post
    Wednesday and day out with the wife meaning I get to sip a Fierce Beer and Amundsen Brewery collab called "Stardust Galaxies" 6% NEIPA, very fruity with loads of hops at the start. Finish a little weak but a good beer nonetheless.
    Very fruity at the start, but a weak finish?

    I bet the wife says the same about you.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

  15. #12615
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northallerton
    Posts
    2,462
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    Very fruity at the start, but a weak finish?

    I bet the wife says the same about you.
    I'm not even certain she'd give me the "fruity at the start" tbh
    "FFS Costa" with or without an apostrophe?

  16. #12616
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ynyshir
    Posts
    7,799

  17. #12617
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ynyshir
    Posts
    7,799
    Honestbrew have a 40% on some items until Monday.

  18. #12618
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ynyshir
    Posts
    7,799
    December's Beer52 theme is Scotland. From the light box:

    Crossborders - Hop Series Pale
    Six Degrees North - ETAP DDH Pale
    Fallen - Wanganui - NZ Pale Ale
    Fallen - Platform C IPA
    71 Brewing - Apres Apricot
    Six Degrees North - Onmium SIPA
    Atlas - Wayfarer IPA
    Windswept - American IPA

  19. #12619
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dunblane
    Posts
    14,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolemai View Post
    December's Beer52 theme is Scotland. From the light box:

    Crossborders - Hop Series Pale
    Six Degrees North - ETAP DDH Pale
    Fallen - Wanganui - NZ Pale Ale
    Fallen - Platform C IPA
    71 Brewing - Apres Apricot
    Six Degrees North - Onmium SIPA
    Atlas - Wayfarer IPA
    Windswept - American IPA
    Fallen and Six degrees are really good. The others less so.
    This year, to save me from tears
    I'll give it to Hélder Costa

  20. #12620
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ynyshir
    Posts
    7,799
    Excellent Was looking forward to the session IPA anyway and it's good to hear about the others. Should probably consider getting some Xmas beer in now...

  21. #12621
    machin05's Avatar
    machin05 is offline MURDERS BADGERS. PTG Dogsbody and Spreadsheet MasterN3rd
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    33,305
    Got some specials on order to have over Christmas and New Year:

    Verdant - Allen DIPA 8.0%
    Verdant - Marylou New England Pale Ale 5.2%
    Polly's Brew Co - Midas West Coast IPA 6.6%
    Siren - In the Belly of a Shark Black IPA 6.2%
    Buxton - Lupulus X Citra IPA 5.4%
    Left Handed Giant x Other Half - Use No Hook Imperial Stout 9.5%
    Northern Monk - Festive Faith Australian Pale Ale 5.4%
    Siren - Barrel Aged Caribbean Chocolate Cake Imperial Stout 9.4%
    The Garden Brewery - Vanilla Chocolate Porter 6.7%
    Double Barrelled - As Charming As You Are DDH Galaxy IPA 6.7%
    Buxton - Axe Edge IPA 6.8%
    Socks before or after trousers, but never before pants. That's the rule.

  22. #12622
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tipton
    Posts
    16,578
    Despite having lived only a 5 minute walk away from the Pie Factory for the past 9 and a half years, I went for only the 2nd time ever after work on Friday. I thought the beer in there was really good, especially the Sledgehammer. I think I'll have to start going more often!

    The kids have just gone to bed and I am currently enjoying a Hiver honey beer while Operation Christmas Presents begins (which pretty much means my wife sorts it all out while I sit on my arse).
    I pledge my grievance to the flag

    Twitter

  23. #12623
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North Dorset
    Posts
    20,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaurus Dan View Post
    Despite having lived only a 5 minute walk away from the Pie Factory for the past 9 and a half years, I went for only the 2nd time ever after work on Friday. I thought the beer in there was really good, especially the Sledgehammer. I think I'll have to start going more often!

    The kids have just gone to bed and I am currently enjoying a Hiver honey beer while Operation Christmas Presents begins (which pretty much means my wife sorts it all out while I sit on my arse).
    Delegation & direction is always helpful
    This year we will mainly be conquering Europe

    (paused for the moment, but hopefully to be continued)

  24. #12624
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Newport, Shropshire
    Posts
    3,067
    Went in one of our local offy's yesterday, hadn't been in there for ages, found they stock a small stock of ales, had a Woods Shropshire Lass last night, just about to open a Bathams
    FJRWolf

  25. #12625
    Quote Originally Posted by sycophantia View Post
    Went in one of our local offy's yesterday, hadn't been in there for ages, found they stock a small stock of ales, had a Woods Shropshire Lass last night, just about to open a Bathams
    Enjoy.
    Cosy consensus makes for a boring forum.

  26. #12626
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Stafford
    Posts
    15,550
    Fucking amazing!
    )

  27. #12627
    machin05's Avatar
    machin05 is offline MURDERS BADGERS. PTG Dogsbody and Spreadsheet MasterN3rd
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    33,305
    Still got a bottle of that in my cupboard
    Socks before or after trousers, but never before pants. That's the rule.

  28. #12628
    Right, after a bit of advice...
    My wife wants a night away soon a a mini-babymoon type thing. She has said as long as it has decent beer for me and coffee for her she is happy!
    Any recommendations of any decent city/towns with a decent brewery taproom? Ideally not more than a couple of hours from Worcestershire/West Midlands.

    We've done Bristol a few times and Buxton was great too, so something along those lines.
    I considered Bath, shame Electric Bear don't have a place in the centre!

  29. #12629
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    15,552
    Nottingham isn't a bad shout - Neon Raptor taproom & Blend Coffee within walking distance of each other in Sneinton Market (with Fox & Grapes pub too)

    Plenty of other decent pubs/coffee places within 5/10 minutes walk also.
    #prayforJohnny75

    Tweet.

  30. #12630
    machin05's Avatar
    machin05 is offline MURDERS BADGERS. PTG Dogsbody and Spreadsheet MasterN3rd
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    33,305
    Weirdly, a lot of good breweries in the Reading area at the moment. Siren, Elusive, Double Barreled and Wild Weather.

    Take a look at this Google Map I created. I have a plan of doing a bit of a brewery cycle tour weekend this year so trying to gather as many tap room locations as possible.

    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1C5...Jh&usp=sharing
    Socks before or after trousers, but never before pants. That's the rule.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •