Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 851

Thread: Welcome new members

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    33,025
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfiePhil View Post
    Yeah I think it was, sitting in one of the circular booths...?
    Langdale isn't circular.

  2. #32
    Langers's Avatar
    Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Stourbridge
    Posts
    52,599
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfiePhil View Post
    Yeah I think it was, sitting in one of the circular booths...?
    Yup - I remember. I was in a bad mood!
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

  3. #33
    Weren't we all....

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Brighton
    Posts
    507
    Q. Who are you, then?
    A. Hello. I am Vicarious Wolf.
    Q. Why have you joined the forum?
    A. Because I think I may have just become a vicarious Wolverhampton Wanderers fan.
    Q. What are you talking about, "just become a vicarious..."? You either are a Wolves fan or you aren't.
    A. I started reading the forum on the day McCarthy was sacked, as a curious and interested (but, for many years, neutral) football watcher. I enjoyed what I read on the forum during those days/weeks - especially the thread about re-employing Dave Jones - and have kept up with new threads and existing threads ever since. On the days of the Newcastle and Fulham games, I had the forum open on my laptop and followed the games that way. I found myself punching the air when Wolves came back against Newcastle and becoming increasingly dispirited as the goals rattled in against Fulham. That's why I say I think I may have just become a vicarious Wolverhampton Wanderers fan.
    Q. Will you follow us next season or are you just one of these glory hunters?
    A. If you are relegated, I'll do better than follow you next season. I'll go and watch you at the Amex Stadium and even stand in the Wolves end if they let me. Come on you Wolves.
    Q. How will you be using the forum?
    A. Respectfully and tentatively at first, starting arguments and becoming irate only when discussions turn to music, my abiding passion.
    Q. What do you think the result against Blackburn will be?
    A. I have hope. I'm already looking forward to it, planning my day, etcetera. I was always a McCarthy fan (I'm Irish) and one of those people who hoped Wolves would stay up and other teams would go down instead, but now I actually care about Wolves enough to join this forum and read it nearly every day.
    Q. Any other things you'd like to add?
    A. I once met Robert Plant.
    Q. Football-related things, you tw*t.
    A. I deplore the phenomenon of footballers having Twitter accounts and I quite like Pat Murphy.
    Q. Any questions?
    A. Yes. Who's the lad in Deutsch Wolf's avatar or should I know that already? If so, apologies.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The best part of Wolvo.
    Posts
    27,469
    Quote Originally Posted by vicarious wolf View Post
    Q. Any questions?
    A. Yes. Who's the lad in Deutsch Wolf's avatar or should I know that already? If so, apologies.
    Michael Branch. Or possibly Deutsch Wolf.

    And welcome to the forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    FFS, Booz, this high horse you're on lately is bewildering.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    400 yards from the sea. East coast of Ireland.
    Posts
    16,232
    Welcome to the mad house.

    The lad in DW's avatar is Michael Branch... remember him?
    Well if you ever meet DW you'd really be well advised not to say 'You kind of look like Michael Branch...'

    It's not a million miles away, but by all means explore this place, and you'll find some pics I took of him, but whilst there might be better looking guys, there will NOT be anyone who knows anything more about Wolves than him.

    Have a look at Any Other Chat, there's loads about us in there.

    Have fun....
    Everything is a choice. Bad choices make good stories. Design your own disaster. Create your life.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bilbrook
    Posts
    86,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Hunting View Post

    It's not a million miles away, but by all means explore this place, and you'll find some pics I took of him, but whilst there might be better looking guys, there will NOT be anyone who knows anything more about Wolves than him.
    I look fucking dandy, Royston.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

    http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Hunting View Post
    there will NOT be anyone who knows anything more about Wolves than him.

    Really?
    Cosy consensus makes for a boring forum.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bilbrook
    Posts
    86,583
    You can have your title of Wolves übermong if you want it.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

    http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

  10. #40
    I didn't state that I wanted any such title .............................................
    Cosy consensus makes for a boring forum.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bilbrook
    Posts
    86,583
    Tough luck, I've conferred it upon you.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

    http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

  12. #42
    I won't accept.
    Cosy consensus makes for a boring forum.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    6,525
    Welcome new members... I'm taking a break. I need to be focusing on my exams and right now supporting Wolves just depresses me! :P

    I'll be back when things are better, because it will be better - even if we are relegated.
    “Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.”

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamlet View Post
    Welcome new members... I'm taking a break. I need to be focusing on my exams and right now supporting Wolves just depresses me! :P

    I'll be back when things are better, because it will be better - even if we are relegated.
    Alas, poor Yorick.

  15. #45
    James's Avatar
    James is offline The Poster Equivalent of Bolton Wanderers
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    200 yards from the Sea
    Posts
    15,843
    Hi new members welcome to the wolves forum. The banter and wolves wolves wolves wolves is awesome on this forum

  16. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    137
    Hello!

    I have been a wolves fan from around 1989, although my younger years were spent glorygrabbing following liverpool. Wolves were just coming up to the old 2nd div then, and my first match was wolves against the unstoppable team of ......Crystal Palace, where Wolves won 2-0.

    Fav past player : Stephen George Bull
    Fav player at mo : Adlene Gudiouera
    Last edited by chatanga; 24th March 2012 at 10:18 PM.

  17. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    19
    Hi all

    You all seem a very friendly welcoming bunch.

    Fave player is Super John of course
    Best result against Wolves in recent years is probably when we beat you 2-1 with a 96th minute winner by Kevin Davies, you all didnt look best pleased outside the ground afterwards.
    Fave player at the mo is Kevin Davies

    I reckon you should have kept mick and morgan is doing a great job with your new stand.

  18. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Between Wolves and Wales
    Posts
    2,196
    I am Lupo Italiano from Molineux Mix (not the poster who is just Lupo) but I am simply Lupo in other forums

    I have browsed here for a while but registered today after gentle persuasion from Paddingtonwolf in the South Bank yesterday

  19. #49
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The best part of Wolvo.
    Posts
    27,469
    Welcome to the forum Lupo. Enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    FFS, Booz, this high horse you're on lately is bewildering.

  20. #50
    Langers's Avatar
    Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Stourbridge
    Posts
    52,599
    Hi Lupo - good to see you on here!
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

  21. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wolverhampton
    Posts
    21,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupo View Post
    I am Lupo Italiano from Molineux Mix (not the poster who is just Lupo) but I am simply Lupo in other forums

    I have browsed here for a while but registered today after gentle persuasion from Paddingtonwolf in the South Bank yesterday
    2-1 2-1 .... 60 minutes.... Hello Terry Butcher.

  22. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Between Wolves and Wales
    Posts
    2,196
    Hello fellas, thanks!

  23. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    161
    Ok not really a 'new member' but thought I'd give a bit of info to me and why I signed up:

    • Celtic fan
      Signed up: July 2011
      Try to promote the SPL to fans out of Scotland (tough job!!!)
      Interested in how Wolves do


    Celtic
    Favourite Player (present) - Victor Wanyama
    Favourite Ever Player - Henrik Larsson (is there anyone else?) :L
    Worst Player (present) - Cha Du Ri
    Worst Player Ever - Rafael Scheidt (Shite)
    Best game (attended): Celtic 1-0 Manchester United - Nakamura amazing freekick, 2006!
    Worst Game (attended): St Mirren 4-0 Celtic - Mowbray's last game.... shocking
    Best Game (Not Born): Celtic 2-1 Inter Milan, 1967 European Cup Final, proud of the history!
    Worst Game (Not there): Celtic 2-3 Porto, 2003 UEFA Cup final, so gutting at the end! Not worst game as in performance but just for the nerves, and how gutting it was we never won it.

    Wolves
    Favourite Player (present) - Steven Fletcher, good to see him doing well
    Favourite Player to play for both teams - Jackie McNamara/Charlie Mulgrew
    Worst Player (present) - Haven't watched enough of Wolves to say downright who I think is the worst player at present but I wasn't impressed with Roger Johnson, although thought he was really good at Birmingham!
    Worst Player to play for both teams - Mo Camara
    Game (attended) - only ever been to 1 Wolves game in the Burnley end http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot..._1/7285109.stm

    CelticBhoy
    - Prized Possession: Signed Spurs top and Friedal signed glove/A piece of Celtic Park grass framed :L
    - Enjoy: Playing/watching/talking about football
    - Hate: When football isn't on, when people disrespect the SPL

    - Why I joined: I joined this Wolves Forum because I had been looking for an English based football forum where members gave good discussing points. Every other forum I had been on it was 'Scottish football is crap, Celtic are racist/sectarian, Rangers are racist/sectarian, no one cares about Scottish football, it would be a better place without Celtic and Rangers ect....). However I came on this forum after the pre season game we had against Wolves and searched the archives so to speak. Didn't find one post where any user was arrogant towards Celtic and even Scottish Football in general, and if there was it was backed up with a fair enough point. Since I have joined I have enjoyed discussing football up here but also have kept an eye on how you's are doing. Sorry if I haven't posted an awful lot in the main section, just have never found it to be my place to say something without knowing fully what something is about but I hope I have been helpful with keeping up to date on the loan watch

    Thanks for making me feel welcome on this forum and I wish Wolves the very best, whatever happens! Stick behind the team and the best years will come!!!

  24. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    400 yards from the sea. East coast of Ireland.
    Posts
    16,232
    Hello Celtic, yes we've seen you around a bit and your posts have always been readable and good.

    Though I do find they work best when I listen to them in a Scottish accent.

    Looking forward to more of your input. Good man.
    Everything is a choice. Bad choices make good stories. Design your own disaster. Create your life.

  25. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Hunting View Post
    Hello Celtic, yes we've seen you around a bit and your posts have always been readable and good.

    Though I do find they work best when I listen to them in a Scottish accent.

    Looking forward to more of your input. Good man.
    Haha, yes I do apologize if I throw in some Scottish phrases, I try not to wherever possible lol.

    I'll stick around and try to put more input into this main part of the forum rather than just the Scottish Football!

  26. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wolverhampton
    Posts
    21,858
    Im going to find some Rangers fans. There's a horrible smell in here at the mo.

  27. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    6,525
    a';/[,lpk,.
    “Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.”

  28. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    16,245
    Quote Originally Posted by CelticBhoy View Post
    - Why I joined: I joined this Wolves Forum because I had been looking for an English based football forum where members gave good discussing points. Every other forum I had been on it was 'Scottish football is crap, Celtic are racist/sectarian, Rangers are racist/sectarian, no one cares about Scottish football, it would be a better place without Celtic and Rangers ect....). However I came on this forum after the pre season game we had against Wolves and searched the archives so to speak. Didn't find one post where any user was arrogant towards Celtic and even Scottish Football in general, and if there was it was backed up with a fair enough point. Since I have joined I have enjoyed discussing football up here but also have kept an eye on how you's are doing. Sorry if I haven't posted an awful lot in the main section, just have never found it to be my place to say something without knowing fully what something is about but I hope I have been helpful with keeping up to date on the loan watch

    Thanks for making me feel welcome on this forum and I wish Wolves the very best, whatever happens! Stick behind the team and the best years will come!!!
    That never stopped any of us...

    Seriously, I am sure many here appreciate your feedback on our loanees up there. It's great information.

  29. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4

    45 years of hurt!

    Quote Originally Posted by Langdale Wolf View Post
    We've noticed quite a few new members have signed up just lately, so we thought we'd give you the chance to say hello in here.

    How long have you supported Wolves?
    Favourite past/current players?
    What do you make of the manager debacle we've all 'enjoyed' over the past week?

    By all means have a look in the other sub forums too - from other sport, to the general waffle and unfunny jokes in general chatter.
    Hi all

    Just joined. Supported Wolves for over 45 years. Been through thick & thin & suffered like the rest of us. From the great goal robbery to the 4th division & back to the big time.
    I know bully is a Wolves legend, but the best centre forward that we have had in my time has to be John Richards.....heaven knows how he didn't get more England caps...apart from the fact that he didn't play for Tottenham or Leeds at the time!
    As for the Managerial joke....well no matter how Moxey dresses it up, they dropped a real clanger in appointing TC who is quite clearly NOT managerial material & IS a novice!
    Trouble is, I don't trust them to get it right for next season. Lee Clarke maybe, or Paul Ince?
    Worst Managers we've had has got to be the last time that they went down the Coach to Manager route......Sammy Chung? Like TC he was far too familiar with the players & failed to instil discipline & desire as well as not having any tactical nouse.
    Really nice guy, like MM, but do forget that he has been party to the garbage that's been served to Wolves fans all year.
    Sorry....babbling on, but got a lot to get off my chest!
    Anyway, what's the thoughts on who we will lose next year...Jarvis, Fletcher, O'Hara?

  30. #60
    Langers's Avatar
    Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Stourbridge
    Posts
    52,599
    Welcome, Griff.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •