Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome new members

Welcome, it looks like you may be around the same age as me, or maybe even as old as Roy.

400 yards from the sea. East coast of Ireland.
    Welcome Griff.
    Just a Health & Safety note for you, before logging on, always try to wear your thickest skin.
    The humour on here is on average around 7/10 (It would be 9 or 10, but Frank keeps posting jokes on the Jokes thread in 'Gen Chat'.)
    The irony can go up to about 12!
    See post #61..

That's a photo of Trev in his avatar but he's got a gorgeous Mrs..

By and large, great forum.
    Enjoy it, contribute well, and don't forget to pay your subscription.
    Everything is a choice. Bad choices make good stories. Design your own disaster. Create your life.

Hey guys, I guess you could class me as a new member so here's a brief introduction to me.

Lifelong Wolves fan born and raised in Cheshire, my family is pretty much all located in Wolverhampton so I visit often and have been to a fair few matches with my dad. I've only really become deeply interested in watching and following football for 2 years or so now but I have always loved playing it! Though I’d join this forum to help fuel my addiction to the club and it is working well, I love reading up on the chatter here both Wolves related and everything else so keep it up and expect me to be getting more and more involved over the next few years, provided you guys like me of course..

Welcome Marsto.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

Quote Originally Posted by Marsto View Post
    Hey guys, I guess you could class me as a new member so here's a brief introduction to me.

Lifelong Wolves fan born and raised in Cheshire, my family is pretty much all located in Wolverhampton so I visit often and have been to a fair few matches with my dad. I've only really become deeply interested in watching and following football for 2 years or so now but I have always loved playing it! Though I’d join this forum to help fuel my addiction to the club and it is working well, I love reading up on the chatter here both Wolves related and everything else so keep it up and expect me to be getting more and more involved over the next few years, provided you guys like me of course..

Where abouts in Cheshire mate?
    "I know I believe in nothing, but it is my nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by North West Wanderer View Post
    Where abouts in Cheshire mate?
    Near Northwich Yourself?

Near Northwich Yourself?
    Originally the Wirral but spent a lot of time in Chester and travel through Cheshire a lot. Lovely place
    "I know I believe in nothing, but it is my nothing."

Near Northwich Yourself?
    Welcome indeed Marsto.

Near Northwich eh?
    I lived in Winnington for a while, whilst working trains out of Northwich loco.
    Worked all over Cheshire, Middlewich, Hartford, Watched Northwich Vics and Witton Albion when I was there.

Know them?

All the time whilst travelling down to Molineux.
    Everything is a choice. Bad choices make good stories. Design your own disaster. Create your life.

Yeah I know both of them clubs, especially Witton Albion as I used to be in one of the youth teams

Pittpenguinbabe Guest
    Seems many of us live, or have lived in Cheshire at some point of our lives. I worked in Moulton ( Davenham Hall Private Nursing Home ) for years, and lived in Winsford. Still miss The Brighton Belle pub !

Quote Originally Posted by Pittpenguinbabe View Post
    Seems many of us live, or have lived in Cheshire at some point of our lives. I worked in Moulton ( Davenham Hall Private Nursing Home ) for years, and lived in Winsford. Still miss The Brighton Belle pub !
    I hope you haven't just rooted me out Got my village down to a tee there!

Pittpenguinbabe Guest
    Bloody hell, I wonder if we know each other !!!

Pittpenguinbabe Guest
    Cant do, just noticed you're a student. You would have been in nappies when I was in Moulton !!!

Cant do, just noticed you're a student. You would have been in nappies when I was in Moulton !!!
    Haha yes Well I have lived here all my life though!

Pittpenguinbabe Guest
    Does everybody still know everybody elses business in the village ? !!!

Does everybody still know everybody elses business in the village ? !!!
    Well everybody knew about that woman who was in a relationship with a relative/family member of Osama Bin Laden or something like that, but that was a while ago now Her nephew was in my class! But most of the people in my estate tend to keep things to themselves

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    I was born in Chester.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Pittpenguinbabe Guest
    Well everybody knew about that woman who was in a relationship with a relative/family member of Osama Bin Laden or something like that, but that was a while ago now Her nephew was in my class! But most of the people in my estate tend to keep things to themselves
    Hahahaha I always knew that the village in time would be famous for something other than the midget and the dog story !

Pittpenguinbabe Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Langdale Wolf View Post
    I was born in Chester.
    Some nice pubs there.

Quote Originally Posted by Langdale Wolf View Post
    I was born in Chester.
    Born....or regenerated ???????
    Your friends list is empty

Hahahaha I always knew that the village in time would be famous for something other than the midget and the dog story !
    'Ang on, ' ang on! You can't come on 'ere and start talking about midgets and dogs! What's going on here?
    This is a public forum between a few people, what's the story? It's not a private conversation... though it might be.
    Do you two know each other?
    Are you a similar age?
    Did you go to school with each other...?

I grew up in Sandbach
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

Pittpenguinbabe Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Hunting View Post
    'Ang on, ' ang on! You can't come on 'ere and start talking about midgets and dogs! What's going on here?
    This is a public forum between a few people, what's the story? It's not a private conversation... though it might be.
    Do you two know each other?
    Are you a similar age?
    Did you go to school with each other...?

Wolf Hunting, it was a strange village back then , glad I only worked there and not lived there !

No we don't know each other. Good job really.

No, Im probably old enough to be Marsto's mother .

When I went to school Marsto wasn't yet even a twinkle in his Dads eye

Indeed, we are merely connected by the village itself. And I know nothing of the midget and the dog story! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    I grew up in Sandbach
    Explain your accent then. Yes, I know I can talk.

I was born in Bedford, to a Welsh mother (Aberdare) and English father (Bath)

I spent the first year of my life in Cranfield, Bedfordshire, and the next 18 months of my life in Nailsea, just outside Brizzle. From 4 to 9 I was in Sandbach. Then my family moved down to where my dad lives in Buckinghamshire.

I have no accent at all really, more of a BBC news reader, apart from the number six being a buzz rather than a bus, and short a's in bath, grass and castle
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

I grew up in Sandbach
    I think Paddy, I must have passed through Sandbach about 4,000 times!
    Usually about 80/100 mph but had to slow down to go over that rocky bit of railway line between there and Crewe.

I was born in Bedford, to a Welsh mother (Aberdare) and English father (Bath)

I spent the first year of my life in Cranfield, Bedfordshire, and the next 18 months of my life in Nailsea, just outside Brizzle. From 4 to 9 I was in Sandbach. Then my family moved down to where my dad lives in Buckinghamshire.

I have no accent at all really, more of a BBC news reader, apart from the number six being a buzz rather than a bus, and short a's in bath, grass and castle
    The Bucks bit would explain it! When I came here 22 years ago on the back of 6 years in the South East people were convinced I was a southerner. People are still suprised at my Wulfrunian origins.

I grew up in Sandbach
    I used to work in Sandbach. Probably around the time that you lived there.
    Cosy consensus makes for a boring forum.

Just signed on to give my views on this season and seasons to follow.
    Been a wolves fan since i was a young lad.
    Favourite player gotta be andy keogh, always gave everything and summed up our championship winning team to the team we have now.
    Thought MM needed to go before Jan but they dint so should of kept him to end of season. Or got a young manager in for top flight expeirence