Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: The TWF Horse Racing Thread

Shocking news, such a shame. He was definitely a jockey going places.

Decent meeting at Newmarket today, any tips from anybody? I'm still wary because of the ground.

It's a tricky one. Torn between Red Cadeaux and Harris Tweed in the Goldsmiths, two horses I generally follow. I stuck an each way on Joshus Tree in the betting thread, but it's down to 7 runners now, so that's less likely.

Well Harris Tweed will definitely love the ground, he's already won multiple times on soft ground and it's certainly that at Newmarket.

I don't think he loved it that time round.

Awful ride from Liam Jones, yes Harris Tweed loves the ground but he didn't seem to take stamina into account. He went reasonably quick from the outset and then kicked on from 4 and a half furlongs out which meant no matter whether he likes the ground or not he had no chance of staying.

Well we've got soft, heavy in places at Newmarket today. 16 non-runners already.

Rain is ruining the racing, only York has anything like decent ground today and if i have a bet it will probably be there.

Deary me, the bottom three in the market get home miles ahead of everything else. Definitely a watching day.

I think i will definitely be sticking to to York after that, one bet and one winner.

Nando. do you think Tullius is going to make the grade at Group 2 level tomorrow?

Big step up in class, but he's got great form on the ground. I don't think he'll win it, but he looks like a really determined type and has found plenty when asked in his last three starts.

Finally some good ground emerging!

Loving the return of firm in the going! Nice 14/1 Hannon winner at Epsom.

I've had 3 winners and a place from Epsom so far.

Bandyrastard is offline Strongest member of TWF - always propping up the league
    Fair play Nando.

Another second but not backed E/W that time. Still, 7x up on what I started with today!

Decent night for you that Nando, just as the ground is quickening up i am poor for a few days so cue rain when i've got funds.

Hereford closed! Forever.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Just been given a tip for the 8:45 at Newmarket - Engrossing. Ever heard of it?
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

Hannon's flying right now, so it wouldn't be surprising.

Like Nando says the stable are flying, more with the 2 year olds but still are generally red hot at the minute. Weak race and he's run into a few decent horses who have won since in his last 3 runs so is definitely interesting.

I had a lucky 15 tonight for some interest and had three 2nds and a 4th, bloody typical.

Only 7/2 but I've had a little flutter.

Seems you weren't the only one who got the tip as he went off at 5/2 but never really had any chance from the start. Slow out of the stalls and then stuck at the back of the field in a slow run race, i'll watch out for that though as he did run on well and in another weak race run at a decent pace might get his head infront.

Frankel beats the eclipse second Farhh on the bridle, he's an absolute machine.

Just won 240 on Dandana in the 16:50 at York, Kieron Fallon riding. 30 win at 7/1.

Not for me though unfortunately. A lad at work rang and asked me to put it on for him. He's letting me have the 40 though as he wouldn't have been able to get the bet on otherwise. Nice little bonus for doing nowt.

I see Frankel romped home again earlier. He's a machine that horse.

Unbelievable horse... I wasn't sure about the step up in distance but he just romped away with it. Frankel could probably step up to a mile and a half too. A win in a Group 1 at that distance will make him the greatest horse ever in my humble opinion if he isn't already!
    Wolves have ambition and wit... why is it such a crime?

Quote Originally Posted by darlowolf64 View Post
    Unbelievable horse... I wasn't sure about the step up in distance but he just romped away with it. Frankel could probably step up to a mile and a half too. A win in a Group 1 at that distance will make him the greatest horse ever in my humble opinion if he isn't already!
    Even if he wins over 1m 4f i'm not sure you could call him the best horse ever, i know people want to do that but you can't really compare horses across so varied generations. He wins by a long way without doubt but not all horses have had to or wanted to put that much distance between them and their rivals, for example Mick Kinane always said Sea The Stars would never do more than he had to and he won 6 races in 6 months from 1m to 1m 4f concluding in the arc. It's so hard to compare horses because people tend to look at the distances Frankel is winning by which is more than any other horse ever has but he still hasn't done a standout time, even yesterday he over over 1.5 seconds outside of the track record Sea The Stars set 3 years ago.

There is no doubt he is one of the best horses ever and most alive will see him as the best ever but i would never like to say he is the best ever when you see what others achieved like Brigadier Gerard and Dancing Brave in completely different eras.

Sad to see Newfangled has been put down. She looked like a cracking prospect.

Having a little e/w Lucky 15 today at York with some Promo cash I had in my account:

14:00 Gordon Lord Byron
    14:30 Flashman
    15:05 Cavalryman
    15:40 Motivado