Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ipswich Town 0 - 2 Wolves The verdict

Ipswich Town 0 - 2 Wolves The verdict

Over to you Ladies and Gents

Freddeno is offline Koscielny Fan Club President, PTG Euro Winner 2016 and all round FPU artist - Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    we are in 7th place, not even playing good..that must be a very good sign Also, a clean sheet, confidence must be rising, bring on Peterborough saturday..will enter a wedding though, will have my cell with me to get some updates..

As I live in Spain I rely on TWF, so thanks everyone for your input for tonight's game.
    Great result, I will celebrate with a glass or two of sangria.

It sounded like Boukari had a very good game.

NorwayFB is offline The elderly, irritating relative at weddings
    Glad my reverse psychology worked,I said 2-0 Ipswich to spur a 2-0 Wolves win.

Shows how important quality players are,you may not dominate games but players like Sako,Doumbia and Boukari will win you games.

machin05 is offline MURDERS BADGERS. PTG Dogsbody and Spreadsheet MasterN3rd
    I reckon we could see a lot of late goals from us this year.
    Socks before or after trousers, but never before pants. That's the rule.

Seem to be a few weddings on Saturday. Leaving single life with six points out of six. Very happy with the result although again it sounds like we haven't really got it together yet at all. Hopefully I will get information of Peterborough getting absolutely thrashed on Saturday.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Huge won for us that. I can't remember the last time we got: a) back-to-back wins b) a win away from home and c) kept a clean sheet - all three monkeys well and truly off our backs after one performance. Sounds like the performance wasn't the greatest, but we won anyway. It's gonna take time for us to start playing to our full potential, but considering we are beating Leicester at home and Ipswich away on only 60-70% performances, we can be very optimistic.

Now lets not waste this by losing to Peterborough on Saturday - three on the bounce please Staale!

I really have no idea about tonight as I couldnt even get it on radio. I'll be leaving this to Penk as his updates were a godsend. Thanks ower Craig xx

Two wins in two games, a clean sheet tonight and the chance that the confidence is returning. Great result and long may it last
    Wolves have ambition and wit... why is it such a crime?

From what little I heard, it sounds as though we rode our luck at times, but an away win, and a clean sheet is great news.

The win is all that matters at the moment, performance levels will have to improve against better opposition.

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    8th place - not bad seeing as we were 2nd bottom a few days ago!
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

SSN show us as 8th in the league, behind Forest.
    'Our goal is crystal clear: we will do our very best to help take Wolves back to the Premier League as soon as possible, and to stay there.'(21st July 2016). *Promotion achieved 15th April 2018.** 2019-7th-57pts-Qualify Europa*

Quote Originally Posted by Langers View Post
    8th place - not bad seeing as we were 2nd bottom a few days ago!
    7th, Langers, 7th...

Superb win.

Our main problem is still self-belief: now we're getting in the habit of winning. Our players are certainly good enough, we just need that intangible something extra that only a strong mentality can bring

Quote Originally Posted by Quirkafleeg View Post
    I really have no idea about tonight as I couldnt even get it on radio. I'll be leaving this to Penk as his updates were a godsend. Thanks ower Craig xx
    I'll leave it to someone who was there because the commentrary was poor at best.

Thanks for the updates Penk.
    Nice to have an away win, doesnt matter how poor you play if you get the 3pts. Good for confidence and keeping the less patient fans off Stale & the players back.

2-0 win fantastic
    Doumbia goal- Brilliant
    Away win- out of this world
    Clean sheet - priceless

There are some things money cant buy- winning games when your only playing average is one of them. Napoleon Solbakken- a lucky general
    Carole Baskin is to blame.

I think it must be 7th, although it doesn't matter much at the moment.
    'Our goal is crystal clear: we will do our very best to help take Wolves back to the Premier League as soon as possible, and to stay there.'(21st July 2016). *Promotion achieved 15th April 2018.** 2019-7th-57pts-Qualify Europa*

7th equal really. Deciding places on alphabetical never happens under the rules after 46 games so I am classing it that way.

If we can beat Peterborough and then we should close in on the front runners. Blackpool are playing Huddersfield, Hull are away at Leicester, and Cardiff and Brighton are away as well

2. Low Hill at Christmas

We are same GD, same goal difference so it is just alphabetical. Plus Forest are away at Leeds too on Saturday, and Blackburn have a nice tough game against Middlesbrough

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    We're =7th actually. Identical record to Nottingham Hal-dioura.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

work colleagues( Ipswich fans at the game) say it was a bit smash and grab but DILLIGAF! sorry for the profanity but its an away win and they have been few and far between over the last few years.

We have a good base to build on now. As long as we keep picking up points then I'm optimisitc that the performances will improve as the confidence increases and the players and manager start to find their feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    7th equal really. Deciding places on alphabetical never happens under the rules after 46 games so I am classing it that way.

If we can beat Peterborough and then we should close in on the front runners. Blackpool are playing Huddersfield, Hull are away at Leicester, and Cardiff and Brighton are away as well
    This is just the sort of banana skin that we have slipped on spectacularly over the years. Please lads concentrate, dont get carried away and dont think PBora will be easy- they wont. However if you get a lead then their heads can drop as they are on a right bad run

Peterborough United...played six, lost six...No I am not worried, I think!!

Just because of the ridiculous Portsmouth thing...time for Wolves to put that thing to bed by smashing the fuck out of what is a truly shite Peterborough side. I want Adrian Durham to be crying on his Monday show (not that I will hear it, but even so)

2. Low Hill at Christmas

what a terrible night to try and follow the game. The wolves blog had wifi trouble, the bbc and the grauniad never mentioned the game at all, except for the goals, and my internet was doing snail impressions.

All praise the mighty Penk.
    Can't wait for a report from someone who was there, no idea who played well, who was crap, were the Ipswich goal chances that easily gifted?
    it's going to be a long season over here.

However as the beeb said about United tonight, it takes a good team to play poorly and win, so 2 out of 2 will do me, and if....we can nick three more at Peterborough, the confidence will start to flow, players legs will be looser and stronger, and the Stale revolution will start to take shape.

But re Peterborough, remember Portsmouth!!
    Last edited by pavlosmacwolf; 19th September 2012 at 09:10 PM.
    "Never enter into a battle of wits, with an unarmed man"

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    Just because of the ridiculous Portsmouth thing...time for Wolves to put that thing to bed by smashing the $#@! out of what is a truly $#@!e Peterborough side. I want Adrian Durham to be crying on his Monday show (not that I will hear it, but even so)
    I remember that game....gulp.