Thread: Rugby Union.

Rugby Union.

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/mediazo...enues+rwc+2015

12 of the 17 stadiums announced today as potential venues for the 2015 Rugby World Cup are football grounds.
    No doubt they will be drinking as they watch.

massive kick in the teech for the administrators of club rugby, when only one current RFU club ground is included.

Why choose (or shortlist) the council owned Ricoh (32k) or Stadium MK (22k currently) and not Welford Road (24k) for example?

Surely rugby should be looking after its own interests first.

Quote Originally Posted by North Shropshire Lad View Post
    massive kick in the teech for the administrators of club rugby, when only one current RFU club ground is included.

Why choose (or shortlist) the council owned Ricoh (32k) or Stadium MK (22k currently) and not Welford Road (24k) for example?

Surely rugby should be looking after its own interests first.
    Suppose they already have the Walkers Stadium for Leicester/East Midlands, but your right should look after your own rather smacks of a put down to the premiership clubs.
    Looks like another row is brewing at the moment between premier clubs and RFU, maybe this is a swipe at them?

Stuff the bloody crisp bowl, Welford Road is an iconic rugby venue and should have been included. Thank fuck Kingsholm is in there.
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Clifton Lane isn't included - wankers.

Great ground - you can jump over the fence at half time, get a pint in the ground over the road and the steward lets you back in when it's time for the 2nd half.

You don't get that at the Ricoh.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

There aren't many that bother with the second half at the Ricoh anymore (or too many that bother with the first either)!

It is quite amazing that Welford Road is not on the list. Maybe the King Power stadium holds more, but the Tigers have invested heavily in improving the ground and facilities, and were expecting to be one of the chosen venues.

Some win for England today over the All Blacks dont htink anyone saw that coming.

Bad luck for Wales losing to last minute try, means virtually guaranteed they will get a bitch of a draw in the World Cup as out of the top 8 seeds.

It is a shit for Wales. However, it goes to show that grand slams the year BEFORE the seedings are so much window dressing!

1st four seeds: New Zealand, South Africa, Australia, France
    2nd four seeds: Argentina, England, Samoa, Ireland

Wales have the capability to beat any of those second seeds on their day if they are ready for the world cup like last year. Equally, they could get dicked by any of them.

I never saw England getting anything other than a massive thrashing today. Superb result for which Lancaster, the coaches and all the players deserve enormous credit.
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

Its a nonsense that semi-finalists and grand slam winners are only ranked 9th in the world!

Dont know why things have to be sorted so quickly either, still over 2 & half years away and the top 12 countries will virtually remain unchanged

Wales have done this so many times it is past amusing. Either near world beaters or the dregs. 7 losses in a row means we deserve our ranking. Yes, four losses were against Australia (3 of them in Oz), but the loss against Samoa was hugely disappointing, and Argentina wasn't much better.

Wales have lost four times to Australia in 2012 and the net points difference over the four games is about 10 I think. That is another Welsh trait - the gallant defeat. Really fucks me off. Game of the tournament against New Zealand in 2003. Couldn't hold on. Quarter final - dealing with England comfortably. Mike Catt makes all the difference and Wales fall away. The amount of games Wales have gallantly lost sticks in the bloody craw. Nobody's fault but ours though*. That SHOULD have been a win today. Losing the ball in the corner of the Australian 22 was criminal.

*Apart from the 2011 semi-final. Whatever one thinks about Alain Roland's decision to send Warburton off (at the time I was furious, but a tip-tackle is a tip-tackle) the 14 man effort in that game against France was one of the best I have ever seen. Still don't know how the French held on.
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    Wales have done this so many times it is past amusing. Either near world beaters or the dregs. 7 losses in a row means we deserve our ranking. Yes, four losses were against Australia (3 of them in Oz), but the loss against Samoa was hugely disappointing, and Argentina wasn't much better.

Wales have lost four times to Australia in 2012 and the net points difference over the four games is about 10 I think. That is another Welsh trait - the gallant defeat. Really fucks me off. Game of the tournament against New Zealand in 2003. Couldn't hold on. Quarter final - dealing with England comfortably. Mike Catt makes all the difference and Wales fall away. The amount of games Wales have gallantly lost sticks in the bloody craw. Nobody's fault but ours though*. That SHOULD have been a win today. Losing the ball in the corner of the Australian 22 was criminal.

*Apart from the 2011 semi-final. Whatever one thinks about Alain Roland's decision to send Warburton off (at the time I was furious, but a tip-tackle is a tip-tackle) the 14 man effort in that game against France was one of the best I have ever seen. Still don't know how the French held on.
    Oi Paddy - shove your saucepans up your arse.

Love you too darling. You stick your chariots somewhere similar!
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

Quite brilliant today

Wales.
    "I know I believe in nothing, but it is my nothing."

We will just have to beat you in the Six Nations again then.
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

Yep.

Enjoy 3rd seed status

We were fucking brilliant today. Proud to be English.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by North West Wanderer View Post
    Yep.

Enjoy 3rd seed status
    I didn't know they gave trophies for seeding. Better pop your second seed one in the empty cabinet at twickers. Our third seed one can go next to the six nations trophy and the triple crown.
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    I didn't know they gave trophies for seeding. Better pop your second seed one in the empty cabinet at twickers. Our third seed one can go next to the six nations trophy and the triple crown.
    Ouch you wound me!
    To be fair the seedlings are stupid, especially when in all honesty the true rankings will have altered considerably in 3 years

I tease as I am sure you know!

It does seem a strange time to do the seedings, but all the teams know that is the time so there is no excuse for cocking it up and then ending up outside the seedings. The WRU should probably take a little look at themselves about the summer tour. Three tests away in Oz was always likely to be tough, although the three matches were tremendous. 2 tests against Oz and then playing Fiji, Tonga or Samoa might have given Wales the points they needed to secure eighth. The loss against Samoa at Cardiff was utterly unforgiveable, though. Wales really didn't turn up that day.

It does make for an interesting world cup draw. I'm hoping Wales get New Zealand and Samoa as their two seeds, as I reckon that would still give an excellent chance of progress and it would presumably put New Zealand on the other side of the draw after the groups. Would want to avoid something hideous like New Zealand and England though.
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

That's the danger for England too. Wales are the team to avoid, Scotland and Italy less so.

For the record I had 10 at evens on a 15 point handicap All blacks win

The loss to Somoa was the killer, although you have to take your hat off to them breaking into the top 8 without regular competition like the 6 nations or championship.

Was bad planning reguarding the summer tour (nearly as bad as Ireland going to New Zealand for 3 tests!) suppose they thought they would be safe until Somoa gatecrashed things.

Whichever group they will be in, will be the "group of death." Yep New Zealand, England group would not be nice.

England and Wales in same group along with the Aussies

Fuck

Also get Oceania 1 in that group, which will almost certainly be Fiji with their full side this time, by far the strongest of the 4th seeds.

Quote Originally Posted by North West Wanderer View Post
    Fuck
    Just what the Welsh and the Aussies are now saying....