Page 116 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116
Results 3,451 to 3,467 of 3467

Thread: Wolves Academy Thread (Sponsored by @Comptonstars)

Jeff is a giant among men.
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Dennisons Wrong Foot View Post
    He obviously has huge potential, I am just wondering why no other Prem club got him first.
    You could say that about any good player that signs for anyone other than the top 2 or 3 teams.

We're competing in Europe (and probably will be in the next competition that takes place too, whenever that is), and have a very clear pathway for youth talent to make a first team breakthrough at an early stage (Vinagre, Neto, Kilman, Gibbs-White etc.). We're an incredibly enticing destination for a player like Matheson, and us being willing to loan him back to Rochdale didn't hurt matters either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    He's 5 foot 6. He couldn't do the role Doherty does in either box so I don't see him as a plug and play replacement. We'd need other adjustments tactically to accommodate him
    I think we'd need to change back to 3-5-2 and have an attacking midfielder on the end of crosses. Maybe that's the alternative Nuno is wanting. Not sure where Podence or Neto fit in with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny75 View Post
    I think we'd need to change back to 3-5-2 and have an attacking midfielder on the end of crosses. Maybe that's the alternative Nuno is wanting. Not sure where Podence or Neto fit in with that.
    I don’t think it involves that much change? When we used Buur in the Europa (can’t remember who against) he did quite well operating in a similar manner to Doc despite his small stature.

It's defensively where we'd need the biggest adjustment. I don't think you can use that Besiktas game to demonstrate that. Doc does a lot of work defending the back post, if you went 352 then you'd need some height in the deepest midfielder which would be Donck from the current squad

Matheson will probably operate in a similar way to Jonny rather than Doc to be fair - better defensively, but not as good in the air as Doc.

We probably are getting on the short side, even if Matheson ends up at 5’10”, our midfield aren’t particularly big.
    Confidence is a preference for the habitual voyeur of what is known as...

Quote Originally Posted by jagginman View Post
    I don’t think it involves that much change? When we used Buur in the Europa (can’t remember who against) he did quite well operating in a similar manner to Doc despite his small stature.
    Besiktas at home and I thought he played well but he was a chalk on your boots winger at times rather than the player Doc is. Doc really can't cross and his strength is coming off the touchline and making the runs from out to in. He was just starting to link with Adama well and thrives off Raul when he holds the ball up for Doc to run between midfielders and defenders.

A wing back playing wide and putting crosses is a completely different beast.

Kenny is online now Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    ME: Moving to Telford will mean if am free I will be able to pop down the road and watch our U23's in action
    Wolves: FUCK OFF WITH THAT IDEA FELLA

"Wolves Under-23s will be playing at Kidderminster Harriers' Aggborough base next season, after 16 years at AFC Telford United's New Bucks Head. Wolves and Harriers will also 'work closely' in developing young talent. Telford 'disappointed' but open to potential return"

Wounder. At least Telford still has the massive Primark going for it.
    )

Langers is online now Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Great news - much, much closer to me!

Soz, Kenny, Tredman etc.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Langers View Post
    Great news - much, much closer to me!

Soz, Kenny, Tredman etc.
    You can have them. They are dead to me.

Wait until they break your heart though and move to the new purpose built Fosun Academy Arena in Wolverhampton.

Ultimately I've lived here for eight and a half years, it's not a very long journey from here and not once have I gone (I've been to nearly every game that's been held at Molineux though). It's one of those where if a train got cancelled I'd be stuck on a desolate train platform doing nothing for a couple of hours, plus no-one ever wants to also go along, I refuse to be that weird guy who stands on his own at reserve games.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Kenny aspired to be that guy and was spending good money to his dream come true. He even had an oversize parker on order.

Quote Originally Posted by Pablowolf View Post
    Kenny aspired to be that guy and was spending good money to his dream come true. He even had an oversize parker on order.
    True on all counts and I already own an oversized parker*

*well was oversized before lockdown, guessing it is now just a snug one

You're basically a modern Wealdstone Raider.

YoungWolf is online now World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.