Page 2 of 109 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 3247

Thread: Wolves Academy Thread (Sponsored by @Comptonstars)

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    33,025
    Poor first half, far better second half. Evans played well and Zeli had a couple of good moments. Iorfa looked solid at the back. Nothing from McAlinden or Cassidy.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    South Normanton
    Posts
    21,249
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    I like the look of Parry. Reminds me a bit of Kevin Cooper.
    Does he pull his sleeves over his hands instead of wearing gloves? Aside from his freekick/penalty combo against Derby it's all i can really remember of Cooper.
    If you see a Possum, try to kill it, 'kay, it's not a pet.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bilbrook
    Posts
    86,583
    Cooper was a really good player. Jones blatantly signed him just to piss Albion off though (that went well). Never used him, even when Newton was rank for a good 18 months. Then signed him again for Cardiff. Dave Jones is a weird bloke.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

    http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dunblane
    Posts
    14,545
    Quote Originally Posted by MARKakaJIM View Post
    Does he pull his sleeves over his hands instead of wearing gloves? Aside from his freekick/penalty combo against Derby it's all i can really remember of Cooper.
    His meaningless long distance scorcher vs Norwich in the play-offs was pretty special.
    This year, to save me from tears
    I'll give it to Hélder Costa

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    33,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    Cooper was a really good player. Jones blatantly signed him just to piss Albion off though (that went well). Never used him, even when Newton was rank for a good 18 months. Then signed him again for Cardiff. Dave Jones is a weird bloke.
    Didn't he play for him at Stockport too?

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bilbrook
    Posts
    86,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Penk Wolf View Post
    Didn't he play for him at Stockport too?
    Yep. He does this a lot - fucked Oakes over multiple times at Wolves, signed him for Cardiff. Kept slagging Lee Naylor off and dropping him as the easiest scapegoat - kept giving him new deals, signed him for Cardiff.

    Fell out with Bothroyd as I recall at Cardiff but signed him for Sheff Wed this season.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

    http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Wolverhampton
    Posts
    108
    Wolves U21s vs Spurs U21s

    Tonight at Telford Free for STHs 7pm KO

    SQUAD: Cotman, Whittall, Tank, Ihiekwe, Cranston, Jakobsson, Evans, Price, Forde, Ismail, McAlinden. SUBS: Flatt, Reckord, Winnall, Gorman, Parry.


    Will be very tough game Spurs are top and beat us 5-1 in the reverse fixture
    Updates and Information on all the latest developments of
    Wolverhampton Wanderers U21 & U18 Youth and development squads

    Personal development over results

    #wwfc

    Twitter: HTTPS://Mobile.twitter.com/Comptonstars

    Instagram: http://t.co/OKwe3xux3f

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    16,245
    Gorman appears to have gone backwards, being on the bench now instead of a starter.
    Reckord too.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    33,025
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonjelly View Post
    Gorman appears to have gone backwards, being on the bench now instead of a starter.
    Reckord too.
    He'll be gone in the summer. He had a trial with a Scottish club just before the transfer window, but they decided against it.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bilbrook
    Posts
    86,583
    Hat-trick for David Moli today in the U18s (they lost 5-3 to Sunderland).
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

    http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    33,025
    Typical I missed this one. Wolves 4-3 up against a talented Spurs side.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Florida, United States
    Posts
    24,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Penk Wolf View Post
    Typical I missed this one. Wolves 4-3 up against a talented Spurs side.
    And that's the final as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by João Moutinho
    "I hope to win all the games."

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Rugby
    Posts
    2,666
    That is a fine result - well done lads.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Florida, United States
    Posts
    24,646
    From down 0-2 at halftime and 2-3 with 10 minutes left.
    Quote Originally Posted by João Moutinho
    "I hope to win all the games."

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Tallahassee, Florida
    Posts
    1,262
    Incredible result. Spurs kids are no pushovers. Does this give us some hope for the Academy's future?

  16. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    wolverhampton
    Posts
    638
    Quote Originally Posted by prerecordedlive View Post
    Incredible result. Spurs kids are no pushovers. Does this give us some hope for the Academy's future?
    You make it sound like there was no hope before this result? Just getting into the Elite stage of this
    comperition shows how good our academy has become, with many young players destined to have
    good careers,

    Well done boys fantastic result against easily the best team in this group!
    "The only true wisdom, is knowing that you know nothing"

    Socrates

  17. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Burton-On-Trent
    Posts
    43,654
    Is there a league table? The official site hints at it but doesn't actually link to one or show it.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

  18. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Northallerton, North Yorkshire
    Posts
    25,491
    I saw one on the Sky Sports News screen last week...It's on the right hand side when they run through the tables. We were bottom with one point but have since won twice so will be climbing the league
    Wolves have ambition and wit... why is it such a crime?

  19. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ynyshir
    Posts
    7,750
    Thoughts on Jakobsson so far?

  20. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Burton-On-Trent
    Posts
    43,654
    Quote Originally Posted by darlowolf64 View Post
    I saw one on the Sky Sports News screen last week...It's on the right hand side when they run through the tables. We were bottom with one point but have since won twice so will be climbing the league
    I thought our U21 side had won loads of games?
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

  21. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sandwell
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    I thought our U21 side had won loads of games?
    That was in the first half of the league.
    There was a group stage
    then the top 2 from the groups make a new group.

  22. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Newcastle under Lyme
    Posts
    24,340
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    Is there a league table? The official site hints at it but doesn't actually link to one or show it.
    http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/m...uthStage=ELITE

    We have won plenty and are now at the second stage. What concerns me is if we go down as there are no teams below the championship in there.
    Nothing to see here...... can't offend sensitive souls.

  23. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dunblane
    Posts
    14,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny75 View Post
    http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/m...uthStage=ELITE

    We have won plenty and are now at the second stage. What concerns me is if we go down as there are no teams below the championship in there.
    Fighting it out with some very good academy set ups there.
    This year, to save me from tears
    I'll give it to Hélder Costa

  24. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Burton-On-Trent
    Posts
    43,654
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny75 View Post
    http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/m...uthStage=ELITE

    We have won plenty and are now at the second stage. What concerns me is if we go down as there are no teams below the championship in there.
    Cheers mate.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

  25. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    vasilika, evia, greece
    Posts
    10,003
    well it's good to see them in the Elite Group, and doing ok so far
    "Never enter into a battle of wits, with an unarmed man"

  26. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Tallahassee, Florida
    Posts
    1,262
    Quote Originally Posted by McWolf View Post
    You make it sound like there was no hope before this result? Just getting into the Elite stage of this
    comperition shows how good our academy has become, with many young players destined to have
    good careers,

    Well done boys fantastic result against easily the best team in this group!
    Nah, just that Spurs U21s are obscenely good. If we're reaching a comparable level, that is great news.

  27. #57
    YoungWolf's Avatar
    YoungWolf is offline World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    23,445
    Spurs have a very good u21s side, so it's a brilliant result. They always produce very good technical players, they don't tell their players to pass until they are 11!!

  28. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Wolverhampton
    Posts
    108
    This weekend Wolves U16s & U18s entertain Spurs at Compton 12pm

    Free to attend the U18 game if your in the area


    Wolves U21s are next in action away vs Man Utd U21s on Monday evening 7pm

    Game is live on MUTV from 6.30pm (think its free to SKY customers)
    Updates and Information on all the latest developments of
    Wolverhampton Wanderers U21 & U18 Youth and development squads

    Personal development over results

    #wwfc

    Twitter: HTTPS://Mobile.twitter.com/Comptonstars

    Instagram: http://t.co/OKwe3xux3f

  29. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    16,245
    If the game monday is on MUTV, there may be the possibility of a stream existing somewhere.

    If only I knew of such a place to look...

  30. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Los Montesinos, Spain
    Posts
    852
    Try Wiziwig

Similar Threads

  1. Academy
    By tredman in forum Wolves
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 29th July 2012, 08:15 PM
  2. Academy thread 2011/2012
    By loonsewolf in forum Wolves
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 11th March 2012, 12:09 AM
  3. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12th February 2012, 08:17 PM
  4. Academy Updates
    By Penk Wolf in forum Wolves
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 16th May 2011, 07:51 PM
  5. Glenn Hoddle Academy
    By FrankMunro-371 in forum Other Sport
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 7th February 2011, 07:21 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •