Page 1 of 78 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that make you SAD thread.

400 yards from the sea. East coast of Ireland.

Things that make you SAD thread.

To complete the triumvirate. We have Happy, we have Angry, now we have Sad.

Tonight I had to take my dog Dave, to the vet for the final time.

He was just the best, best dog.
    A Yorkie/Westie cross, with the heart of a lion.

He was 12 and 3/4. We rescued him as a pup from Leicester RSPCA Dog Shelter.
    He was actually a hologram. Went nuts if you called him just a little dog!
    He thought he was a BIG dog.

He was a little bollix but I loved him with all my heart.
    He had Diabetes, had to have insulin injections for the last 5 years, twice a day, 6am and 6pm.
    He got picked up by a savage alsation and flung against a fence, the skin separated from his back. That needed 32 staples.
    Latterly Diabetes got his eyes and he was blind, so we got him a new lens (1800) but that only lasted 10 days as his retina became detached.
    So we had his other eye done. (1500) that lasted until recently when he slowly lost all vision again.
    His hearing was going too bless him, but the poor little thing had the heart of a lion.
    He just carried on, good as you like, until we thought his belly was getting fat as he had Cushing's Disease (A by product of extended diabetes) but it turned out to be a huge tumour.

Finally everything started to pack up and today after not eating, couldn't give him his insulin, and him starting to be sick, I took him to the vet and he went to sleep in my arms.

We just couldn't fix him anymore. Everything was broke.
    Cracked me up.
    So sad.

The best dog.
    Everything is a choice. Bad choices make good stories. Design your own disaster. Create your life.

Sorry to hear about your dog WH.

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Sorry to hear that Roy.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Sorry to hear that WH.

I'm sure you have many happy memories to remember him by.

400 yards from the sea. East coast of Ireland.

Me and Dave
    Everything is a choice. Bad choices make good stories. Design your own disaster. Create your life.

Jesus. Came for football, got tears.

I'm sorry for your loss, WH. My own dog is almost 14 years old now. I'll probably have to do the same soon. I hate to think about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joo Moutinho
    "I hope to win all the games."

Roy, I'm so sad to hear that your friend died xxx
    A lie is half way round the world before the truth has got it's trouser on.

I lost my Dog in Dec 2011, it was a tough thing to do, i know how you feel Roy, i posted this at the time;

]My Dog

He was 18, i never really wanted him but a combination of the kids and the Missus talked me into it with the usual 'we'll take him walks' and all the that bollocks.
    Well suffice to say i took him for walks twice a day, every day, for the last 18 yrs barring hols of course.

Talk about 'a Mans best friend', i think this was more a case of 'a dogs best friend' he was a little $#@! when he was younger a Jack Russell who was prepared to take on all comers, i'm sure he used to bark 'come and have a go, if you think your hard enough', it was embarrassing at times.

He went deaf a couple of years ago but was still up for a bit of action if any other dog tried it on.

Well the past few months he started to struggle, his eyesight was fading and his weight loss was alarming the past couple of weeks he had becomes incontinent so yesterday i had to make that decision.

I put him in the back of the car in his bed and took him to the Vets, they were really good, he sat on my lap while they sedated him and he dropped of to sleep and later increased the dose until his heart stopped, i cried like a baby.

Jesus i'm missing that little $#@!, i hope know one comes in my office as i write this. i'm blarting again.

I dunno, Dogs ay

Devon, via Whitmore Reans and Castlecroft
    Commiserations, WH. (Now you know why we never had a 'things that make you sad thread'. Hamlet will be a complete dipso after this.)

For me, it's losing my Grandad in 2007. He was my best mate and once I lost him my depression spiralled to the extent that well, it has been and still is to an extent. It's been five and a half years now and I'm still not over it.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Never having a gran always makes me sad. One wasn't with us when I was born, and the other passed away when I was 3 months old.

Jinky is online now PTG Champion 2014/15, Runner Up 2015/16, 3rd Place 2016/17. And a total arse.
    My dad put our family dog of 13 years down a couple of weeks ago and was really cut up about it. They're definitely part of the family.

Sorry to hear your news WH.

Things that make me sad !! Fuck me, if I started on this thread I'd have you all even more depresed than all us Wolves fans put together !!!

But to WH and Jane, sorry to hear your sad news. Its like losing a family member when our pets die . But take comfort in the fact that he was well looked after and much loved in the years he was with you.

Throwing up.

That is all.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

Are you still ill Bear?
    I pledge my grievance to the flag

Twitter

Yup. Not so bad now but enough to make me vom occasionally still.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

Quote Originally Posted by LG Wolf View Post
    Never having a gran always makes me sad. One wasn't with us when I was born, and the other passed away when I was 3 months old.
    I never met either of my granddads but personally I find it hard to miss something I never had to begin with.
    If you see a Possum, try to kill it, 'kay, it's not a pet.

Quote Originally Posted by MARKakaJIM View Post
    I never met either of my granddads but personally I find it hard to miss something I never had to begin with.
    It's more hearing about the relationships my girlfriend/friends/colleagues had with their grandmothers that makes me sad I missed out. One of my grandfathers was also not with us when I was born, so I only had one grandparent growing up. He died when I was 14 (29 now), but a week never goes by when I don't think about him.

Dave sounds a fantastic dog who has had a good life. It cuts you up losing them but what a massively positive impact they have on our lives. No pleasure without pain I suppose.

Both of my Grandads were right miserable bastards. The one used to throw his dinner if he didn't fancy what was on the plate .

On the other hand, both my Nans were cracking ladies .

My wife says that about her Dad, but its a bit shit when he's just chosen to ignore the fact she exists for her whole entire life - wanker.

Yes I had to put one two of our dogs down the other year, one because of what the other had done to it, and the other because we could no longer trust him - that was a pretty sad night, and horrific to come back to after a trip to Ikea and not realising that Diwali was on and all the fireworks caused the one dog to go mental.

Loosing friends and family is of course always sad, I lost someone who meant the world to me, after a long fight with cancer at the age of 28 then lost my grandfather who was my hero a couple of months later. That was a hard one to take

Anyway, its not best to dwell on these things I find, wheres the happy thread

The thing that I am most sad about, that I never got to go for a pint with my Dad, and that he never got to know me all grown up. I hope he'd be proud of me

Quote Originally Posted by Pittpenguinbabe View Post
    The thing that I am most sad about, that I never got to go for a pint with my Dad, and that he never got to know me all grown up. I hope he'd be proud of me
    This. Forever will be a what if.
    Nothing to see here...... can't offend sensitive souls.

The saddest thing in my life is that my Mum did not live to see any of her grandchildren and that she will never share in the joy that our little daughter brings us. My Dad however is obsessed with her
    I pledge my grievance to the flag

Twitter

We had 2 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels we lost Charlie at 8, Jack is nearly 12 and has cost a bloody fortune the best proportion of which supported by Petplan (if anyone is looking for animal insurance then please use them, they cost a bit more but don't quibble and support lifetime illnesses). Anyway Charlie's death cracked up more than anything since I was a kid and although Jack's a trooper we are probably into the last 12 months and that will equally cripple me. As said earlier very much part of the family.

I really know how you are feeling WH, hopefully Dave Edwards will slot in the second half in his memory!

My mom is a very caring person and as much as I think I am a bastard, she has rubbed off on me in many ways. I feel for many people and animals.
    Time that you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.

YoungWolf is offline World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.
    Wolverhampton Wanderers. Not angry or annoyed, just sad.

My Uncle Ron passed away yesterday, a lovely ,funny man who will be missed by many ,many people . Lots of happy childhood memories which can never be taken away from me . R.I.P Uncle Ron xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Pittpenguinbabe View Post
    My Uncle Ron passed away yesterday, a lovely ,funny man who will be missed by many ,many people . Lots of happy childhood memories which can never be taken away from me . R.I.P Uncle Ron xxx
    Very sorry to hear PPB. Even if not the immediate family all of us have relatives that had a profound effect on us. I still miss going to the rugby with my Uncle Bill (a mad bugger, but a really genuine bloke)
    This year we will mainly be conquering Europe

Thanks Parkin, only wished I had told him what profound effect he had on me over the years , but in a way, I think he knew .

You have your memories of rugby with your Uncle, and you will always have those memories .