Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: The Football Coaching Thread

Wow.
    If you see a Possum, try to kill it, 'kay, it's not a pet.

In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.

Interesting piece here about a lad who developed his own data to help showcase certain patterns within a game.

When you look at Wolves as an example when playing against a deep packed defence there is often a lack of rotation in the forward positions and limited triggers to create movement off each other. Something that sides like Man City do well.

https://trainingground.guru/articles...-energy-trader

Would be interested to see him talk about what he offers or advises the team on. I always get annoyed with the total passes or successful passes stats they put up in game. If that's two CBs passing the ball to each other I want that to be a minimum of 98% accounting for maybe the odd errant pass under pressure, so having just the total team number is just stats for the sake of the broadcast. I'd also want successful passes pressured and umpressured if I was a manager, as well as time of pass from receiving it for certain areas and moments.

Quote Originally Posted by big mean bunny View Post
    Would be interested to see him talk about what he offers or advises the team on. I always get annoyed with the total passes or successful passes stats they put up in game. If that's two CBs passing the ball to each other I want that to be a minimum of 98% accounting for maybe the odd errant pass under pressure, so having just the total team number is just stats for the sake of the broadcast. I'd also want successful passes pressured and umpressured if I was a manager, as well as time of pass from receiving it for certain areas and moments.
    Indeed its one thing to present data, its another to present data that can be used to improve performance.
    I would like to see which players when presented with certain situations ( overloads ) were consistently capable of taking advantage while others couldn't.

The tactical game is changing very quickly showing up pundits who played under different theory.

The rise of system football means that the English league today has less broken play, and more periods of controlled possession. In 2008, Premier League teams averaged almost 24 tackles per game. By 2017-18 the average number of tackles had dropped by almost a third, to just over 16 per game. Huddersfield Town topped the tackle table in 2017-18, with 744.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soc...past-1.3874358

Inside the UEFA Pro Licence course as we reveal the intensity needed to gain coaching's top badge

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/s...ourse-16536105