Page 1 of 62 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: A bunch of Spoilt Princesses moaning about the E&S Thread

A bunch of Spoilt Princesses moaning about the E&S Thread

I've been ranting in another thread about this, and it seems there is strong feeling among many on this board about how our local newspaper go about their business. Constant snidey remarks at the club, generalising an entire fanbase based upon their pointless polls, and deliberately taking quotes out of context to ridicule the club.

I've had enough of them. From now on, I'm blocking their website in my browser and I will not buy a copy of the paper. If you feel the same way, this is the only way to make them realise; by hitting them where it hurts - their revenue streams.
    Hair today, gone tomorrow

Or, if you insist on looking at the website, install AdBlock so they dont profit from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Visage View Post
    Or, if you insist on looking at the website, install AdBlock so they dont profit from it.
    I might look into that, nice one!

To be fair to the paper, it has to make a profit first. If it was just a censored outlet for the Wolverhampton Propaganda department I doubt it would still be in existence.

I do agree that it often puts a sensationalist spin on the negative, but that sells it papers and it does knows its reader base. I have been very critical of the paper in the past, but I stopped taking it seriously and it doesn't really bother me so much anymore

As I have stated on the other thread i would like to hear the clubs opinions on this at the next fans parliament.

I genuinly think that they are damaging the clubs interests, cut them off at the knees I say.

I left Wolverhampton 24 years ago and it was shit then.

Quote Originally Posted by Newbridge Wolf View Post
    I might look into that, nice one!

To be fair to the paper, it has to make a profit first. If it was just a censored outlet for the Wolverhampton Propaganda department I doubt it would still be in existence.

I do agree that it often puts a sensationalist spin on the negative, but that sells it papers and it does knows its reader base. I have been very critical of the paper in the past, but I stopped taking it seriously and it doesn't really bother me so much anymore
    And this is where I have been for years. The thing is though that if they are profiting at the same time as hindering the club by turning a proportion of our fan base 'anti-Wolves' then that's a different matter all together. It seems to be getting to that stage now and maybe it's time something was done.........

Quote Originally Posted by Newbridge Wolf View Post
    I might look into that, nice one!I do agree that it often puts a sensationalist spin on the negative, but that sells it papers and it does knows its reader base. I have been very critical of the paper in the past, but I stopped taking it seriously and it doesn't really bother me so much anymore
    The trouble is, as was pointed out in another thread most wolves fans still get their 'facts' and therefore biased opinions from the express and star; so I think it does serious damage to the attitude of the supporters towards the club. They've already managed to negatively spin Jacketts appointment before he's even started the job, so you can imagine fans will have little patience with him from the outset.

Like you, I don't take the paper seriously because I tend to get my news from more accurate sources. However, a lot of people do and that is what is damaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry's Tackle View Post
    The trouble is, as was pointed out in another thread most wolves fans still get their 'facts' and therefore biased opinions from the express and star; so I think it does serious damage to the attitude of the supporters towards the club. They've already managed to negatively spin Jacketts appointment before he's even started the job, so you can imagine fans will have little patience with him from the outset.

Like you, I don't take the paper seriously because I tend to get my news from more accurate sources. However, a lot of people do and that is what is damaging.
    A newspaper reflects its readership, or its market niche. I don't think they sow the seeds of doubt, its already out there - most Wolves fans are very negative at the moment. The paper would loose a lot of sales if it regurgitated the official line, theres lots of outlets these days for people to find out information and have a moan.

I wouldn't worry too much, theres a large selection of uneducated morons in the West midlands as a rule, the E&S aren't responsible for this.

Seems with this appointment, they aint gonna be getting a little court jester talking about his fucking grey hairs on his chest and
    they dont like it..
    They want their little soundbites and shitnuggets which Saunders gave on a daily basis and even then,if they disagreed with Saunders, they still didnt have the balls to challenge him to his face or in print (until after he went...whoo big men)
    Jackett it seems, will keep things a lot closer to home and unless they get some very upset players they wont have many wow headlines.
    The throwaway lines at the end of features are just underhand and snidey,given a few good months and Swain will be spunking is load over KJ in his column.

I'm not sure how long a group that makes a profit will keep a paper that is making a loss every year anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Penk Wolf View Post
    I'm not sure how long a group that makes a profit will keep a paper that is making a loss every year anyway.
    I suppose that would depend on how big a loss we are talking and whether the E & S would be considered to be a loss leader? I wouldn't want it on my portfolio, shitty little rag that it is.

I'll stop pretending I know what I'm talking about now though, I dont even have a savings account, let alone a portfolio.

I have decided to stop being angry about the e&s. it's early days, but quite liberating!

now if I could only manage the same with talkshite....

to be fair, they have a set audience that they need to satisfy, either by purchases of the paper or internet hits, and that audience seems to want the anti- bile that they write, so their stance makes sense, but you would hope that there could be some form of reconciliation at some point and maybe everyone could move on together, although I doubt it.
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

Devon, via Whitmore Reans and Castlecroft
    Can't boycott it because I never bother looking at it. (Because it's shit.) Beats me why anyone who gets wound up by it wastes time doing so.

The trouble is, as was pointed out in another thread most wolves fans still get their 'facts' and therefore biased opinions from the express and star.
    Too true. I have family and friends who treat what is written in the back pages as gospel.

Don't shoot me down here but been living in wolves for five years the e&s appeared ok in the prem and promotion years but I am baffled sometimes by its reporting of a club that they should be proud of. Journalists are lazy these days as wolves run away with league one next season they will be back selling commemorative editions and appearing to be the biggest wolves advocates known to man.
    It's just typical of all local rags when things are going well sell the dream when things go off track sell them the we told you first things were not right. Both ends of the scale sell papers unfortunately in between is boring to readers.
    Wolves mid table players are doing an average job board are happy, manager is an ok guy sells nothing.
    By christmas wolves will be back to full back page.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/...king-a-profit/

For those who wish to end their boycott! Good news unless you take away the headline and realise that they are talking about the accounts of 2012, which has already been widely reported before.

Tim Nash accusing other papers of spin...

"@TimNash_star: Not defending JOH but more criticism of him after tabloid top spin on the quote "It’s been a pretty embarrassing last few seasons" is unfair"

Get your own house in order before you start accusing other newspapers of spin. Your paper has more spin than Shane fucking Warne.

bringing the gospel of YamYam to bluenoses
    Everytime i go home my folks complain what a heap of carp it is. its not just the sports reporting

anyone going to watch the um live webchat?

Tim Nash isn't a man in the know. I don't think anybody outside the club is now. The barriers are up. Therefore I expect plenty of supposition and rumour and minimal factual content.
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    anyone going to watch the um live webchat?

Tim Nash isn't a man in the know. I don't think anybody outside the club is now. The barriers are up. Therefore I expect plenty of supposition and rumour and minimal factual content.
    Reminds me of lionel hutz from the Simpsons

"Judge: Mr. Hutz w've been in here for four hours. Do you have any evidence at all?
    Hutz: Well, Your Honor. We've plenty of hearsay and conjecture. Those are kinds of evidence."

I wish Nash would stop referring to us supporters as "The Molineux Masses". I hate his childish style of reporting. Bring Back David Instone or put Martin Swain in charge of all things Wolves.
    If you're not a pigeon don't eat corn.

I find it rather interesting that Instone does the minutes at the fans parliament. Still clearly thought highly of by the club. Shame that after Ince-gate there is no chance of him ever heading back to the E&S and we have to live with Swain and Nash, but there you go.
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    I find it rather interesting that Instone does the minutes at the fans parliament. Still clearly thought highly of by the club. Shame that after Ince-gate there is no chance of him ever heading back to the E&S and we have to live with Swain and Nash, but there you go.
    Please elaborate, I know that the E&S got rid of him, but don't know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    Please elaborate, I know that the E&S got rid of him, but don't know why.
    Take it with whatever sized pinch of salt you desire, but the commonly held belief is that Instone knew we were signing Ince in 2002, the club asked him to hold back on the story for a bit and he acquiesced, the Brum Mail got wind of it anyway and printed it, thus scooping the E&S and they got very pissy with David. He left a few months after that and went freelance.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    Take it with whatever sized pinch of salt you desire, but the commonly held belief is that Instone knew we were signing Ince in 2002, the club asked him to hold back on the story for a bit and he acquiesced, the Brum Mail got wind of it anyway and printed it, thus scooping the E&S and they got very pissy with David. He left a few months after that and went freelance.
    If true a real shame as his relationship with the club would have got them a lot more scoops over the last decade that Tim.....er Nash has.
    Last edited by Tony Towner; 8th June 2013 at 07:59 AM.

Problem is people think the E&S are there to print stories for the fans, this is not true. They are in existence to sell newspapers, this means printing any gash they can to move their product. Many of the stories we read now are meant to hype things up, to gain more interest. The E&S don't care if we are reading out of anger, they just want us to read. I have to say on that point they are doing a good job. Do I like them NO, do I agree with much that is posted NO are they selling newspapers? Well not as much as they would want, but happy clapping on their part will not help them.

The internet is the downfall of the common newspaper so they have to attract attention however distasteful their methods may be.

I've been ranting in another thread about this, and it seems there is strong feeling among many on this board about how our local newspaper go about their business. Constant snidey remarks at the club, generalising an entire fanbase based upon their pointless polls, and deliberately taking quotes out of context to ridicule the club.

I've had enough of them. From now on, I'm blocking their website in my browser and I will not buy a copy of the paper. If you feel the same way, this is the only way to make them realise; by hitting them where it hurts - their revenue streams.
    Why are there remarks snidey?? With the incompetence we have running our club, They should learn that the Bhattis couldnt ruin us so the T.w.a.ttys have no chance. They need to go

Quote Originally Posted by halesowen wolf View Post
    Why are there remarks snidey?? With the incompetence we have running our club, They should learn that the Bhattis couldnt ruin us so the T.w.a.ttys have no chance. They need to go
    What?

Just in case that last question from Henrys Tackle went unnoticed :

What ?
    Your friends list is empty

Or in case you are a kid and don't get the question....

WTF
    Wolves have ambition and wit... why is it such a crime?