Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 155563646566 LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 1979

Thread: A bunch of Spoilt Princesses moaning about the E&S Thread

  1. #1921
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Stafford
    Posts
    16,355
    TBF to Tim I think he did actually study journalism and got the wolves blog in addition to normal job when they realised Lloyd was a weirdo. I got blocked by Lloyd a few weeks ago on twitter when I had the temerity to suggest our players didn't play on when traore was down injured to 'punish' traore.

    The free E&S goes straight in the bin in our house, haven't clicked on their ad-ridden craphole of a site since Joe took over either.

    Edit - my bad, it was another wolves blogger wanging on about traore. Who knew there were so many of them
    )

  2. #1922
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bilbrook
    Posts
    91,723
    I need to see this

    I have no idea what a journalism degree entails tbf. You can either write or you can't. An English degree would be of more use.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

    http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

  3. #1923
    Kenny's Avatar
    Kenny is online now Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    45,436
    I presume Tim missed the day when they talked about avoiding an emotional attachment to players/managers

  4. #1924
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bilbrook
    Posts
    91,723
    Or selling your soul to a horrific right wing rag.

    Let's not romanticise his era. He fundamentally didn't understand FFP and his coverage of Fosun's first year was diabolical.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

    http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

  5. #1925
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Greenwich
    Posts
    1,659
    Tim also has a habit of saying "hence why", which means I will never be able to fully respect him.

  6. #1926
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bilbrook
    Posts
    91,723
    Good to see a fellow man who hates tautology.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

    http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

  7. #1927
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    She put in bugger all effort.
    Going home at 8.49pm on transfer deadline day?

  8. #1928
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bilbrook
    Posts
    91,723
    I couldn't say what she did or didn't do. But she made bugger all effort to learn about this club and this team.

    I'd say I know more about Fleetwood than she does about Wolves.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

    http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

  9. #1929
    YoungWolf is online now World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    25,054
    Quote Originally Posted by tredman View Post
    TBF to Tim I think he did actually study journalism and got the wolves blog in addition to normal job when they realised Lloyd was a weirdo. I got blocked by Lloyd a few weeks ago on twitter when I had the temerity to suggest our players didn't play on when traore was down injured to 'punish' traore.

    The free E&S goes straight in the bin in our house, haven't clicked on their ad-ridden craphole of a site since Joe took over either.

    Edit - my bad, it was another wolves blogger wanging on about traore. Who knew there were so many of them
    Nathan Lloyd has always been a very odd man to be fair from what I could tell !

  10. #1930
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Lincoln
    Posts
    2,804
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    I need to see this

    I have no idea what a journalism degree entails tbf. You can either write or you can't. An English degree would be of more use.
    My mate is a reporter for a newspaper and didn't go to uni, it's another pointless degree it's way more important to get some experience behind you and do the NCTJ (National Council for the Training of Journalists) qualifications, it takes less time and costs six times less.

    As you say if you've got the tools you only then need to learn about professional process not churning out articles at Uni.

  11. #1931
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Bloxwich
    Posts
    2,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincs_Wolf View Post
    My mate is a reporter for a newspaper and didn't go to uni, it's another pointless degree it's way more important to get some experience behind you and do the NCTJ (National Council for the Training of Journalists) qualifications, it takes less time and costs six times less.

    As you say if you've got the tools you only then need to learn about professional process not churning out articles at Uni.
    It's true. I did an English degree at Uni but can't write a press release or journalistic piece for toffee, but can write marketing copy et al no problem. Totally different ball game.

  12. #1932
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North East Wales
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolvensam View Post
    It's true. I did an English degree at Uni but can't write a press release or journalistic piece for toffee, but can write marketing copy et al no problem. Totally different ball game.
    As is writing for technical journals with peer review and all that entails! Fortunately now I can write for fun and do.

    I write about football programmes every week and try not to overwhelm my audience with content about the Wolves, tempting though it is.

    Anyway this week is about Wolves vs Leicester in 1968 with a nod to tomorrow night's game, if anyone is interested :-)

    https://yourfootballprogramme.co.uk/...y-august-1968/

  13. #1933
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bilbrook
    Posts
    91,723
    That's really good Jeremy, nice one.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

    http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

  14. #1934
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North East Wales
    Posts
    281

  15. #1935
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    581
    While the content of Tim's writing is more interesting now he's at The Athletic, he's still an appalling writer.

    Every piece is littered with terrible metaphors. e.g. "Traore, running past his man like road runner with booster rockets" etc etc. It's sub-sixth form stuff and I'm amazed his editors at The Athletic let him get away with it. If I wasn't at work I'd extract them all from his recent articles, but it would take me hours there's that many of them. Abysmal stuff.

  16. #1936
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bilbrook
    Posts
    91,723
    He isn't even the worst they've recruited, that's the thing. Try reading anything by Carl Anka. Christ.

    They've gone very scattergun in terms of signing people up and some work, some don't. Danny Taylor is probably the very best football writer out there...and he works for the same firm as Timbo. It's odd.

    He is very, very, very tryhard on Twitter these days. I also don't really rate his writing on any level.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

    http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

  17. #1937
    Spiers is alright generally but his shtick on Twitter really grates on me and seems to be getting worse - “them Wolves...mate...a man has kicked the football and the second half has begun” etc. Give it a rest.

  18. #1938
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    black country
    Posts
    4,798
    Quote Originally Posted by Pompey Wolf View Post
    Spiers is alright generally but his shtick on Twitter really grates on me and seems to be getting worse - “them Wolves...mate...a man has kicked the football and the second half has begun” etc. Give it a rest.
    Yknow, i cant write for shit, punctuation is shitter than shit...but the use of the word "them" really fucking grates me nowadays.
    Switch any game on and at half time you will have the likes of Rio saying "its them players that can change a game"...and other such "themshits"
    I am begining to think the word 'those' no longer exists.
    "It was dear old sweet dumpy Wolverhampton"

  19. #1939
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,490
    Last edited by Newbridge Wolf; 7th March 2020 at 07:34 AM.

  20. #1940
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pendeford
    Posts
    68,670
    The editing on that is pathetic. Actually, it’s unforgivable
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

    1. The Great Wall of China

    2. Low Hill at Christmas

  21. #1941
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,490
    I suspect that proof reading is no longer a function.

    Even so, headline, first word, first letter. You'd think someone would have noticed....

  22. #1942
    Kenny's Avatar
    Kenny is online now Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    45,436
    Up there with the Sakary Bako headline from a few years ago

  23. #1943
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,903
    Liam Keen was looking after the show whilst the rest of the team was at Joe Edwards wedding.

  24. #1944
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    17,303
    On matchdays, I reckon it'll be a long time before my name is darlowolf...

  25. #1945
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,490
    An up to date photo of where? That isn't the Littern tree, as it was, in Wolverhampton, all the other pub photos are out the area too.

  26. #1946
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pendeford
    Posts
    68,670
    It's the Litten Tree that became the Wallace but it never EVER looked like that!!
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

    1. The Great Wall of China

    2. Low Hill at Christmas

  27. #1947
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Wombourne
    Posts
    3,306
    From Google Images, that's The Litten Tree in Coventry.

  28. #1948
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    It's the Litten Tree that became the Wallace but it never EVER looked like that!!
    There was a r in the Wolvo one! Will always be the Newt and Cucumber to me

  29. #1949
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Rugby
    Posts
    3,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablowolf View Post
    From Google Images, that's The Litten Tree in Coventry.
    Yes, it is.

  30. #1950
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pendeford
    Posts
    68,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbridge Wolf View Post
    There was a r in the Wolvo one! Will always be the Newt and Cucumber to me
    Are you sure? It had a sign without the extra r on the front before rebranding.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

    1. The Great Wall of China

    2. Low Hill at Christmas

Similar Threads

  1. Wolves Supporters - a bunch of hypocrites?
    By Altberger in forum Wolves
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 30th December 2012, 11:11 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 17th April 2012, 03:03 PM
  3. Other clubs moaning fans....
    By Hereford Wolf in forum Wolves
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 9th July 2011, 11:24 PM
  4. What a miserable bunch!
    By ROVERT47 in forum Wolves
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 20th April 2011, 07:42 PM
  5. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 1st January 2011, 10:29 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •