Page 909 of 909 FirstFirst ... 409809859899907908909
Results 27,241 to 27,251 of 27251

Thread: The Cricket Thread (Sponsored and loved by the Banned Bully & the Norwegian Hobbit)

  1. #27241
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    15,938
    I think it's a situation which sport in general needs to face in to. At the moment there just seems to be conversations at the extremes - transphobia at the one end, pretending it's not happening at the other. It's time for a sensible, adult discussion.

  2. #27242
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    13,015
    would the issue still be the same if it were the other way round and a transgender player was selected for Englands mens team?

    Personally I think not. There is still too much unanswered at how many traits of your birth gender remain post transition.

    So ultimately will we see sport for male , female and trans only teams? We certainly will not see sport being non gender specific, not in my lifetime.

    The balance of being sensitive to an individuals identity and ensuring no competitive advantage is a difficult one.
    Remember, remember we are doing OK this November .

  3. #27243
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Newcastle under Lyme
    Posts
    24,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-_-man View Post
    would the issue still be the same if it were the other way round and a transgender player was selected for Englands mens team?
    That's the issue really, it will never happen because biologically men are stronger and faster than women (comparable best v best and along the distribution curve, even the weakest v weakest) and as with the cyclist earlier this year a male transgender athlete is always going to have a physical advantage over a female non trans athlete.

    There isn't an easy answer to this but I think the way to start is people competing in birth gender classes and not identity classes as hard as that may be on transgender athletes until a workable solution is found.
    Nothing to see here...... can't offend sensitive souls.

  4. #27244
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    15,938
    Waiting for Dino to claim Malan as one of his own

  5. #27245
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    St. Neots, Cambs.
    Posts
    7,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    Waiting for Dino to claim Malan as one of his own
    Ha ha. Good to see you have your finger on the pulse.
    'Our goal is crystal clear: we will do our very best to help take Wolves back to the Premier League as soon as possible, and to stay there.'(21st July 2016). *Promotion achieved 15th April 2018.** 2019-7th-57pts-Qualify Europa*

  6. #27246
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    13,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny75 View Post
    That's the issue really, it will never happen because biologically men are stronger and faster than women (comparable best v best and along the distribution curve, even the weakest v weakest) and as with the cyclist earlier this year a male transgender athlete is always going to have a physical advantage over a female non trans athlete.

    There isn't an easy answer to this but I think the way to start is people competing in birth gender classes and not identity classes as hard as that may be on transgender athletes until a workable solution is found.
    Or you combine !

    Englandís male and female team combine and you have to play a six five split half each

    That would be a better watch than Wembley yesterday
    Remember, remember we are doing OK this November .

  7. #27247
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    6,759
    So after winning the T20 series after another super over weíve started the first test match warm up - 100ís for both Sibley and Crawley which is a decent start! I assume the quality of opposition isnít great but itís still nice to see.

  8. #27248
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NW Leicestershire
    Posts
    13,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-_-man View Post
    Or you combine !

    England’s male and female team combine and you have to play a six five split half each

    That would be a better watch than Wembley yesterday
    It would be appalling Cyber. Sarah Taylor/Alyssa Healy might be able to keep wicket to a decent level but apart from that they could not compete. A couple of years ago I played against a female cricketer who this year was in the winning side of the KIA T20 Super League. You might think that playing Birmingham League 3rd XI level cricketers against test players is a good idea but I have a different opinion. I'll accept that the cricketer in question isn't an international so others are of a higher standard but not to a level to bridge the gap.

  9. #27249
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    13,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer Grouse View Post
    It would be appalling Cyber. Sarah Taylor/Alyssa Healy might be able to keep wicket to a decent level but apart from that they could not compete. A couple of years ago I played against a female cricketer who this year was in the winning side of the KIA T20 Super League. You might think that playing Birmingham League 3rd XI level cricketers against test players is a good idea but I have a different opinion. I'll accept that the cricketer in question isn't an international so others are of a higher standard but not to a level to bridge the gap.
    Then you really have no place for transgender in sport and you have to find another catagory. Harsh , but probably true. Conundrum continues.
    Remember, remember we are doing OK this November .

  10. #27250
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Newcastle under Lyme
    Posts
    24,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-_-man View Post
    Then you really have no place for transgender in sport and you have to find another catagory. Harsh , but probably true. Conundrum continues.
    Sadly that will probably be what happens, I don't think there's a conundrum there just an inability to fit people in so sport is fair and competitive.
    Nothing to see here...... can't offend sensitive souls.

  11. #27251
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bilbrook
    Posts
    86,580
    Haseeb Hameed to Notts.

    Hope he can get it going but he is going to be tutored by Peter Moores, and we all know what I think of him.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

    http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Similar Threads

  1. Wolves Academy Thread (Sponsored by @Comptonstars)
    By @Comptonstars in forum Wolves
    Replies: 3245
    Last Post: 12th November 2019, 09:40 PM
  2. The Cricket Thread.
    By Sniffer Grouse in forum Other Sport
    Replies: 1382
    Last Post: 31st March 2013, 11:07 AM
  3. The Summer 2011 Cricket Thread
    By Paddingtonwolf in forum Other Sport
    Replies: 1591
    Last Post: 6th October 2011, 09:47 AM
  4. Cricket World Cup Thread
    By Sniffer Grouse in forum Other Sport
    Replies: 647
    Last Post: 2nd April 2011, 09:49 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •