Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: League One - Results,News,Live Discussion (non-Wolves Stuff)

NorwayFB is offline The elderly, irritating relative at weddings

League One - Results,News,Live Discussion (non-Wolves Stuff)

I've been given the green light by the old man to start this thread here. (Sorry Frank).

I just figured it would be easier for everyone if we didn't have to switch sections to read about other team's developments in this wonderful league!

I'll begin with the result of the week:
    Carlisle v Leyton Orient 1-5

Let the good times begin!

Watched the Football League show last night and thought that Oldham's winning penalty was a bit harsh for handball.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

I think this is a good idea.

Was at the Walsall vs Tranmere game yesterday and Walsall were impressive and knocked the ball around lovely, Tranmere on the other hand had nothing at all. They got their goal through a Robinson free kick which was decent but i think they will struggle this season.

Does P'boro still have that guy that knocked in all the FK's for them last year? Gayle, I think his name was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joćo Moutinho
    "I hope to win all the games."

Gayle's gone to Palace.

Their new signing to replace him, Assombalonga, scored on his debut yesterday.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

If he fills in for Gayle appropriately then I'd have to think they're assured to be champions.

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan USA View Post
    If he fills in for Gayle appropriately then I'd have to think they're assured to be champions.
    If our squad play to the standards they're capable of, it won't matter what Peterborough do.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Langers View Post
    If our squad play to the standards they're capable of, it won't matter what Peterborough do.
    The problem is that I'm not sure we really know what this squad is actually capable of.

Either way, my money's on Peterborough. Just a gut feeling, I s'pose.

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan USA View Post
    The problem is that I'm not sure we really know what this squad is actually capable of.

Either way, my money's on Peterborough. Just a gut feeling, I s'pose.
    Well I know that Hennessey, Foley, Stearman, Ricketts, Sigurdarson, Davis, Sako, Doumbia, Griffiths are all capable of playing for a side pushing for promotion to the Premier League. And some have. Evans, Doherty, Batth, Price, Cassidy, McAlinden, Ismail, Forde etc I'm not so sure on having not seen enough of them.

Play to the best of our abilities and we win the league. I know it's not as simple as that of course.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Reports I got from Shrewsbury yesterday claimed that MK Dons had only one serious effort on goal, whereas their keeper pulled off three or four good saves. Town went into the season with injury problems and have only two fit strikers, most other clubs in this league would love to have a squad like Wolves.
    Then the busy years went rushing by us
    We lost our starry notions on the way
    If by chance I'd see you in the tavern
    We'd smile at one another and we'd say...

Quote Originally Posted by Langers View Post
    Well I know that Hennessey, Foley, Stearman, Ricketts, Sigurdarson, Davis, Sako, Doumbia, Griffiths are all capable of playing for a side pushing for promotion to the Premier League. And some have. Evans, Doherty, Batth, Price, Cassidy, McAlinden, Ismail, Forde etc I'm not so sure on having not seen enough of them.

Play to the best of our abilities and we win the league. I know it's not as simple as that of course.
    Where's the evidence that Sigurdarson, Davis, Sako, Doumbia & Griffiths are capable of playing for a team pushing for the Premier League, only time they've been in a position to do so they ended up getting relegated and only one of them really stood out for a prolonged period. The others which have been there before haven't been there for a very long time, are they still capable?
    If you see a Possum, try to kill it, 'kay, it's not a pet.