Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Advice Thread

"Bring up your keyboard, press AND HOLD on the space bar, keyboard settings, turn off auto-correct and predictive text."

30 seconds on Google Sooz!
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

Faggots

Yeahhhhh. Thank you Bear, its bin driving me nuts.

No probs.

For me it's the first time it's "going well" with someone since my long-term ex and I broke up but she's getting a bit serious for my liking; bearing in mind I've been seeing her for a few months now. She's constantly going on at me about letting her move into my flat. The thing is, I'm autistic and therefore having my own space is a top priority - it's my way of coping with my disability. My ex was very understanding on that note but I'm finding my current girlfriend a little overbearing if honest. Apart from being at Wolves games and work-related situations I find it very difficult to get involved with anyone on a social level unless I've known them for years, I'm drunk or any combination thereof. We get on well and it's alright in the bedroom department - the thing is it just isn't my cup of tea.

The question is, should I call it a day? And if so, how do I do it without seeming like a complete arsehole?

Do what you feel you are comfortable with.If you prefer to have your own space then tell her.If she is not understanding then maybe it is best that you call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by andyc225 View Post
    For me it's the first time it's "going well" with someone since my long-term ex and I broke up but she's getting a bit serious for my liking; bearing in mind I've been seeing her for a few months now. She's constantly going on at me about letting her move into my flat. The thing is, I'm autistic and therefore having my own space is a top priority - it's my way of coping with my disability. My ex was very understanding on that note but I'm finding my current girlfriend a little overbearing if honest. Apart from being at Wolves games and work-related situations I find it very difficult to get involved with anyone on a social level unless I've known them for years, I'm drunk or any combination thereof. We get on well and it's alright in the bedroom department - the thing is it just isn't my cup of tea.

The question is, should I call it a day? And if so, how do I do it without seeming like a complete arsehole?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmoqqh0z7Bk
    it is not that I have no past. rather, it continually fragments on the terrible and vivid ephemera of now.

Whats it mean when ya toe is all bendy ,like its not attached to anything, bit like Harry Potters arm was that once ?

andy, tell her like it is for you, if she understands , she's a keeper and she will work with you, and give you time, if she doesn't she'll be off of her own accord and you're out of a difficult situation, or failing that, you will have to dump her. I think in this situaion you have to be selfish.
    "Never enter into a battle of wits, with an unarmed man"

A simple question, from a simple kind of a person . You know when you 'reply with quote ' on here, how do you quote more than one person in a new post ?

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pittpenguinbabe View Post
    A simple question, from a simple kind of a person . You know when you 'reply with quote ' on here, how do you quote more than one person in a new post ?
    The icon to the right of 'reply with quote' which is like quotation box with a little '+' next to it - click that on several posts and it multi-quotes for you.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Bottom right corner of the post box. The little square with a quotation sign in it and a plus next to it. Pressing that will add that post to the quote queue, as it were. Do that for all but the last quote you want. For the very final quote you want to use the "reply with quote button". That should then load all the quotes in the reply box. In the order that you clicked them as well I think.

There is a multi quote button next to the reply with quote button. Tick how many posts you want to with the multi quote button before finally hitting a reply with quote and you should see all the posts ticked plus the reply with quote.

If you want to quote from a different thread hit the reply with quote button, then copy the contents and paste in a different thread. You can also choose to paste it onto a word document along with other quotes before posting the whole lot back into a reply box if you so wish.

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Quote Originally Posted by Langers View Post
    The icon to the right of 'reply with quote' which is like quotation box with a little '+' next to it - click that on several posts and it multi-quotes for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    Bottom right corner of the post box. The little square with a quotation sign in it and a plus next to it. Pressing that will add that post to the quote queue, as it were. Do that for all but the last quote you want. For the very final quote you want to use the "reply with quote button". That should then load all the quotes in the reply box. In the order that you clicked them as well I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer Grouse View Post
    There is a multi quote button next to the reply with quote button. Tick how many posts you want to with the multi quote button before finally hitting a reply with quote and you should see all the posts ticked plus the reply with quote.

If you want to quote from a different thread hit the reply with quote button, then copy the contents and paste in a different thread. You can also choose to paste it onto a word document along with other quotes before posting the whole lot back into a reply box if you so wish.

Just like that.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

I'm glad you all agreed.

machin05 is offline MURDERS BADGERS. PTG Dogsbody and Spreadsheet MasterN3rd

Just like that.
    How did you get all those quotes in one reply???
    Socks before or after trousers, but never before pants. That's the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by pavlosmacwolf View Post
    andy, tell her like it is for you, if she understands , she's a keeper and she will work with you, and give you time, if she doesn't she'll be off of her own accord and you're out of a difficult situation, or failing that, you will have to dump her. I think in this situaion you have to be selfish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pittpenguinbabe View Post

Quote Originally Posted by machin05 View Post
    Just like that.

Just like this .
    Last edited by PPB; 16th April 2014 at 02:26 PM. Reason: maybe not

I've got a big problem with smart arses.

I try and help out somebody who is vulnerable and just because others have passed on advice quicker than me, folk have started to be sarcastic and ridicule the fact that several people were willing to help.

What can I do?

Just like this

Quote Originally Posted by machin05 View Post

Thanks chaps. Easy really isn't it !!

I try and help out somebody who is vulnerable and just because others have passed on advice quicker than me, folk have started to be sarcastic and ridicule the fact that several people were willing to help.

What can I do?
    Stop helping people?

What can I do?

And to you Sniffer x

Now I can't find the bits I wanted to quote in the first place !!

Quote Originally Posted by andyc225 View Post

You have to be true to yourself first. I appreciate it is not as easy as saying" I'm Autistic" , it just doesnt work that way. You have to play it with a real straight bat. You may find the confrontation part difficult. If so try writing down what you want to say as short sentences. Then once you have a short sentence think why you want /need that and what it will mean to you. Write that down as well. You will end up with something like this for example

1. I need to have my own space
    Beacause I am autistic it helps keep me calm and allows me to have some control and routine
    That means I am in a more positive mood and less stressed which is good for both you and me

You get the idea. I used to do similar with my son who is on the autistic spectrum. His issue was making choices so you had to break it down but asking him to start to question his reasoning really seemed to improve his decision making (ie he would make one based on evidence/ feelings)

Whatever honesty will be the best policy. As another poster says if she understands she is a keeper
    Remember, remember we are doing OK this November .

Another question. What present do you receive when you post your 5,000th post ??

A kick in the knackers.

Quote Originally Posted by Penk Wolf View Post
    A kick in the knackers.
    Good luck in finding mine

Unlucky, you won't even get that then.

Quote Originally Posted by Penk Wolf View Post
    Unlucky, you won't even get that then.

Cheers .

You've always disliked me !!!