Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738
Results 1,111 to 1,131 of 1131

Thread: The Advice Thread

Can't make my mind up on Teslas, some angles they look really nice and others they look all wrong. It's not an option for me though, have a very limited company car list to choose from so have to go for the best of a bad bunch unfortunately.

In this instance it's a Mini Countryman Cooper S E All 4, really nailed the snappy name didn't they, it's the one of only two options that have enough power to be anything other than completely mundane (though real world might tell me something completely different to what's on paper) the other being a Toyota Corolla but not heard anything good at all about the belt driven nonsense Toyota use in place of a proper gearbox in their hybrids.

Outside of that I'm guaranteed to be in something pretty uninspiring, although some would at least be pretty nice places to sit, and come a much higher cost to me too compared to the hybrid options.
    If you see a Possum, try to kill it, 'kay, it's not a pet.

I'm not really sold on Hybrids mostly for the reason listed above. No Golf GTE on the list? Colleague of mine has the Hyundai all electric and that is very nice.
    )

Quote Originally Posted by pavlosmacwolf View Post
    Knees!! Went to the local hospital yesterday as I have had some seriously painful problems with my right knee for six or so weeks.
    X rays show that the meniscus is damaged and there is a bit? Of arthritis in there, well I am an old bastard now, like many on here , so anyone got any tips, rules, diet plans or exercise regimes they can pass on? Please.
    I can't help you out on the diet front (you'd know if you met me) but speaking from experience, X-Rays don't show up meniscus damage, you'd have to have an MRI. Just keep off it if you want it to heal, although you'll feel it from time to time for ever.

Quote Originally Posted by tredman View Post
    I'm not really sold on Hybrids mostly for the reason listed above. No Golf GTE on the list? Colleague of mine has the Hyundai all electric and that is very nice.
    Our car lists are generally shit to be honest, they buy all the cars outright and have our own garage on site to maintain them so it's all about being thrifty, generally get one stand out option on each pay grade at any given time due to something being on a good offer from dealers.

I'm not really sure what their plan is going forwards in regards to hybrids or electric, the top dog has got a Tesla S and finally got round to installing himself a charging point when he took over from his old man but it's still the only one available here. They seem to be pushing the hybrids as the more attractive option at the moment, potentially due to the tax benefit? As the grade above me has the Mercedes A250e and then the saloon version of it with the AMG Sport spec on the grade above that, but without more charging points or incentives to install them at home people are soon going to be driving round with lots of dead weight in the backs of their cars and still using just as much fuel at the company's expense.

Could explore the allowance option I guess but whenever I've run the sums before it doesn't stack up.

Quote Originally Posted by MARKakaJIM View Post
    Our car lists are generally shit to be honest, they buy all the cars outright and have our own garage on site to maintain them so it's all about being thrifty, generally get one stand out option on each pay grade at any given time due to something being on a good offer from dealers.

I'm not really sure what their plan is going forwards in regards to hybrids or electric, the top dog has got a Tesla S and finally got round to installing himself a charging point when he took over from his old man but it's still the only one available here. They seem to be pushing the hybrids as the more attractive option at the moment, potentially due to the tax benefit? As the grade above me has the Mercedes A250e and then the saloon version of it with the AMG Sport spec on the grade above that, but without more charging points or incentives to install them at home people are soon going to be driving round with lots of dead weight in the backs of their cars and still using just as much fuel at the company's expense.

Could explore the allowance option I guess but whenever I've run the sums before it doesn't stack up.
    I donít know how many miles you do, but you can lease a decent car for £250 (or less) a month, add a £100 for extras / contingency then with mileage / car allowance / tax reduction you should easily be in profit.
    )

I don’t know how many miles you do, but you can lease a decent car for £250 (or less) a month, add a £100 for extras / contingency then with mileage / car allowance / tax reduction you should easily be in profit.
    Whenever I've worked it out before I can break even at best on similar models, any chance of an upgrade comes at cost.

I do around 20,000 miles a year, though it does seem to be falling a bit year on year, which always seems to send lease prices rocketing up. Our company rate for business miles is pretty shit, 13p a mile I think, so don't get a great deal back that way and the allowance is far from excessive to begin with, as they want to keep as many people on company cars utilising their investment in the on site garage.

Depends what company car you make the comparison to as well in terms of tax trade off, think that Mini hybrid would only cost me about £100 a month in tax and fuel contribution but the 1 series BMW on there would be about 3 times that!

Anyone got any idea where the best place is to get sheet wood cut to size and delivered?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    FFS, Booz, this high horse you're on lately is bewildering.

A lumber yard?

Quote Originally Posted by Boozad View Post
    Anyone got any idea where the best place is to get sheet wood cut to size and delivered?
    Carver's would be a good place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Pablowolf View Post
    Carver's would be a good place to start.
    Probably the best one I've found so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    FFS, Booz, this high horse you're on lately is bewildering.

Quote Originally Posted by MARKakaJIM View Post
    Whenever I've worked it out before I can break even at best on similar models, any chance of an upgrade comes at cost.

I do around 20,000 miles a year, though it does seem to be falling a bit year on year, which always seems to send lease prices rocketing up. Our company rate for business miles is pretty shit, 13p a mile I think, so don't get a great deal back that way and the allowance is far from excessive to begin with, as they want to keep as many people on company cars utilising their investment in the on site garage.

Depends what company car you make the comparison to as well in terms of tax trade off, think that Mini hybrid would only cost me about £100 a month in tax and fuel contribution but the 1 series BMW on there would be about 3 times that!

Bear in mind you can claim tax relief on the difference between what your employer funds at 13p/mile and the Govt mileage allowance at 45p/mile for first 10,000 and 25p/mile thereafter,

Don't know if it helps,but Harry's garage on YouTube has just put up an electric min road test he does good and fair reviews
    See post #5516 of ex wolf watch to find out why in my house,i hate Kenny Miller

Quote Originally Posted by broughtonwolf View Post
    Bear in mind you can claim tax relief on the difference between what your employer funds at 13p/mile and the Govt mileage allowance at 45p/mile for first 10,000 and 25p/mile thereafter,
    Good point, the rebateís usually worth around £1.5k to me a year, my mileage rate is the standard HMRC rate (12p I think).
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Boozad View Post
    Probably the best one I've found so far.
    I wasn't 100% sure because, you know, that's where the fire started that decimated the place.

Quote Originally Posted by broughtonwolf View Post
    Already accounted for in my comparison, saw earlier that HMRC guide rates has dropped to 12p/mile so our company rate has probably dropped too.

Think my mileage makes most finance options too expensive and there's not a high enough proportion of it as business miles to cover it. Probably need another 20% or so extra on the offered allowance to bridge the gap and make it worthwhile.

What happened to cause this "Most users ever online was 975, 20th January 2020 at 05:40 PM." I can't see anything significant on this date, or was it just a 'bot flood'
    Why they will qualify: Nuno Espirito Santo is actually a tactical genius.

Think that was when you accidentally live streamed your webcam Paul.
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    What happened to cause this "Most users ever online was 975, 20th January 2020 at 05:40 PM." I can't see anything significant on this date, or was it just a 'bot flood'
    I'd say that it was an influx of visitors who support Liverpool in the run up to our game with them.

Think that was when you accidentally live streamed your webcam Paul.
    I hope it wasn't cold that day

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I hope it wasn't cold that day
    I've just assumed Hednesford is 15-20 degrees colder than the rest of the midlands and that your heating is off.

That's what I'm going with