0 0%
  • Cassidy

0 0%

Thread: Man of the Match - Brentford

Man of the Match - Brentford

Fire away.

McDonald.

/thread
    Socks before or after trousers, but never before pants. That's the rule.

In a totally unprecedented development my MotM for yesterday is Dave Edwards. His running in the centre of midfield was just what the doctor ordered.

Doyle, although when Sako was running through the middle with Doyle to his right & Griffiths to his left the ball SHOULD have gone to Griffiths

I'm not sure you can blame Doyle for Sako passing to him instead of Griffiths.

McDonald - thought to be fair Edwards inclusion to do the running around & harrying allowed him the chance to get further forward and influence the game more.

Doyle was very good in the first half, but was more closely policed in the 2nd and had much less influence.
    This year we will mainly be conquering Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Penk Wolf View Post
    I'm not sure you can blame Doyle for Sako passing to him instead of Griffiths.
    I wasn't blaming Doyle, I just thought I'd add that into my post. Obviously IF Doyle had scored it would've heightened my opinion of him being MotM

Quote Originally Posted by andyc225 View Post
    In a totally unprecedented development my MotM for yesterday is Dave Edwards. His running in the centre of midfield was just what the doctor ordered.
    I never , never thought I would do this but..... +1
    Remember, remember we are shit in November .

Edwards was really good. Well done him. But he was behind Doyle and also McDonald who got my vote.
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

did I watch the same match McDonald very poor haven't seen him have a good game for wolves yet doyle best player on the pitch by miles we haven't had a midfield all season so very lucky with results so far

Edwards was a disaster zone in the first half. He improved in the second half so credit where it's due, but even then he knackered himself out too easily. Not a MotM showing in my book.
    Socks before or after trousers, but never before pants. That's the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by mark 2 mexico View Post
    did I watch the same match McDonald very poor haven't seen him have a good game for wolves yet doyle best player on the pitch by miles we haven't had a midfield all season so very lucky with results so far
    Too many people expecting McDonald to be cutting open defences and spraying passes all over the place.

Would it be fair to compare Mcdonald's role in our team to Carrick's at Utd? Obviously at a lower level but he seems to keep things ticking over, makes interceptions and keeps the ball moving without being spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by machin05 View Post
    Edwards was a disaster zone in the first half. He improved in the second half so credit where it's due, but even then he knackered himself out too easily. Not a MotM showing in my book.
    Fantastic air kck when clear through in the Brentford box. Still at least he got in there in the first place I suppose

The problem McDonald has, (especially from people like the guy who has a ST by me) is that they expect all central midfielders to be Alex Rae types that charge around winning tackles, all action types.

McDonald just keeps the ball, his passing is excellent, we've needed a player in there that can pass the ball to a gold shirt for quite a while.

If you run around tackling everyone but then can't pass to another gold shirt (Davis) then "yowm shit"

If you can pass it to a gold shirt but don't run around tackling everyone (McDonald) then "yowm shit"

No winning really.

YoungWolf is offline World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.
    Yes, he's a tidy footballer and that is what we should always aim to have. I'd like him and Price to have an extended run, two good footballers who form a partnership should see us look to control games a lot better I reckon