Page 2 of 102 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 3050

Thread: UKIP Watch

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,892

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,375
    They are in the minority. I'm not talking about race here. I'm talking about Working with a capital W.
    'I never predict anything and I never will'......Paul Gascoigne.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Twickenham
    Posts
    2,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Visage View Post
    Manchester Gaurdian in anti-South diatribe shocker.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,892
    No comment on the article itself?

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Stafford
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by arklowolf View Post
    They are in the minority. I'm not talking about race here. I'm talking about Working with a capital W.

    With 7% unemployed in the UK and I think 80% ethnically white British they are most definite not in the minority
    )

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,375
    Article for articles sake.
    'I never predict anything and I never will'......Paul Gascoigne.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,375
    Your including all people employed in that. That includes all the non productive middle classes. Particularly the one making the rules and enforcing them.
    'I never predict anything and I never will'......Paul Gascoigne.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,892
    It seems those pinko socialist northerners at the Telegraph are saying the same thing:

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/e...th-divide.html

  9. #39
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Twickenham
    Posts
    2,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Visage View Post
    No comment on the article itself?
    Here's the general gist of the article:

    People who work at Canary Wharf are eating lobster at 40 a throw. Sudbury has a very busy branch of Waitrose but some people there are on the dole. People in London are invariably doing well. Some people in Suffolk are struggling but others are clearly doing very nicely.

    It's not really worthy of comment; it's ranting in its tone.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Twickenham
    Posts
    2,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Visage View Post
    It seems those pinko socialist northerners at the Telegraph are saying the same thing:

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/e...th-divide.html
    Northern mill towns which relied heavily on old industry for prosperity are struggling. It doesn't really qualify as news.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,892
    Theres more outside the M25 than Northern mill towns....

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Stafford
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by arklowolf View Post
    Your including all people employed in that. That includes all the non productive middle classes. Particularly the one making the rules and enforcing them.

    So only a subset of a subset are right and entitled to have an opinion? You'd have got on very well with Lenin.
    )

  13. #43
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Twickenham
    Posts
    2,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Visage View Post
    Theres more outside the M25 than Northern mill towns....
    There are thousands of towns, cities and villages outside of the M25 bubble. Some of them are doing okay, some of them less so.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bilbrook
    Posts
    85,251
    The "recovery" hasn't even got us to where we were in 2009/10 yet.

    The economy flatlined for three whole years because the Tories actively stymied growth with their ideology of cutting everything and disenfranchising the poor. That is not "doing a good job".
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

    http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Norwich, UK
    Posts
    6,904
    Quote Originally Posted by The Saturday Boy View Post
    Surely if they poll more votes than others in the Euro elections they will get more seats and therefore wield more power and influence so their manifesto does matter.
    Was Vis talking about their european manifesto or their westminister manifesto? Their european manifesto would be very important, their westminister one not at all, other than the one aim of pushing for a referendum.

    Quote Originally Posted by North West Wanderer View Post
    Apathy doesn't make you a racist, but playing to an illiterate dumb electorate gets you votes.
    Is anyone that doesn't vote the way you do the illiterate dumb electorate?

  16. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Devon, via Whitmore Reans and Castlecroft
    Posts
    2,098
    Quote Originally Posted by The Saturday Boy View Post
    Surely if they poll more votes than others in the Euro elections they will get more seats and therefore wield more power and influence so their manifesto does matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by North West Wanderer View Post
    Apathy doesn't make you a racist, but playing to an illiterate dumb electorate gets you votes.

    Their manifesto matters simply because you'll get some who will buy into it.
    Democracy's a right bastard, isn't it?

  17. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Wombourne
    Posts
    6,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Premier Quality View Post
    Was Vis talking about their european manifesto or their westminister manifesto? Their european manifesto would be very important, their westminister one not at all, other than the one aim of pushing for a referendum.



    Is anyone that doesn't vote the way you do the illiterate dumb electorate?
    What a truly ridiculous statement. I was referring to the uneducated scum who will jump on UKIP because of their immigration stance.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark View Post
    Democracy's a right bastard, isn't it?
    It's the best of a bad bunch.
    "I know I believe in nothing, but it is my nothing."

  18. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Norwich, UK
    Posts
    6,904
    Quote Originally Posted by North West Wanderer View Post
    What a truly ridiculous statement. I was referring to the uneducated scum who will jump on UKIP because of their immigration stance.
    wow. so is everyone who has a different view on immigration to yourself uneducated scum?

  19. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Wombourne
    Posts
    6,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Premier Quality View Post
    wow. so is everyone who has a different view on immigration to yourself uneducated scum?
    You're not the brightest button are you?
    "I know I believe in nothing, but it is my nothing."

  20. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Darkest Lincolnshire.
    Posts
    36,785
    For a good reason as to why UKIP have gained support, just watch PMQ's. While I know that is unrepresentative of what happens in Parliament, the weekly antics of MP's has turned many people away from the mainstream parties.

  21. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    vasilika, evia, greece
    Posts
    9,861
    my apologies, bad info, Farage didn't come to Greece as i previously suggested, he layed into the greek PM in a speech in Brussells, but that's ok, ha ha I can't see him being invited now.
    "Never enter into a battle of wits, with an unarmed man"

  22. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankMunro-371 View Post
    For a good reason as to why UKIP have gained support, just watch PMQ's. While I know that is unrepresentative of what happens in Parliament, the weekly antics of MP's has turned many people away from the mainstream parties.
    Do you really think UKIP would be any different? They are peddling the "we're not LibLabCon" in the same way the Lib Dems did.

    As most prominent UKIP are defects from the three main parties I would suggest they're much of a muchness.
    No.

  23. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Darkest Lincolnshire.
    Posts
    36,785
    Quote Originally Posted by The Saturday Boy View Post
    Do you really think UKIP would be any different? They are peddling the "we're not LibLabCon" in the same way the Lib Dems did.

    As most prominent UKIP are defects from the three main parties I would suggest they're much of a muchness.
    I agree with you, but many people see UKIP as something different in politics, and a chance to make a protest vote against the main parties.

  24. #54
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Norwich, UK
    Posts
    6,904
    Quote Originally Posted by North West Wanderer View Post
    You're not the brightest button are you?
    personal insults are your best response? Shame.


    Quote Originally Posted by FrankMunro-371 View Post
    I agree with you, but many people see UKIP as something different in politics, and a chance to make a protest vote against the main parties.
    That will definately be a considerable part of it Frank. However, the EU and immigration are pretty massive issues for a lot of people that a) Labour ignore, b) the Tories pay lip service to and c) the Lib Dems support.

    I think to an extent, as well as attracting protest votes, UKIP will also be the only real alternative at this election. And I also think you'll see considerable anti europe votes in other countries also. The makeup of the EU council will be very different after May.

  25. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hereford
    Posts
    2,414
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankMunro-371 View Post
    For a good reason as to why UKIP have gained support, just watch PMQ's. While I know that is unrepresentative of what happens in Parliament, the weekly antics of MP's has turned many people away from the mainstream parties.
    I love to listen to PMQ's. It's a bit of theatre but it's democracy in action.
    A citizen of China or North Korea would think it was brilliant.

    PMQ's will not give votes to UKIP.
    We never lose. We either win or we learn.

  26. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Wombourne
    Posts
    6,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Premier Quality View Post
    personal insults are your best response? Shame.




    That will definately be a considerable part of it Frank. However, the EU and immigration are pretty massive issues for a lot of people that a) Labour ignore, b) the Tories pay lip service to and c) the Lib Dems support.

    I think to an extent, as well as attracting protest votes, UKIP will also be the only real alternative at this election. And I also think you'll see considerable anti europe votes in other countries also. The makeup of the EU council will be very different after May.
    After this post, you won't get a response. You've clearly had an issue for a while with me, despite the fact I'm an infrequent poster. So rather than be concerned with it, or waste any more time, I'll leave you to your unintelligent posts aimed to merely provoke.

    Good day.
    "I know I believe in nothing, but it is my nothing."

  27. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Wombourne
    Posts
    6,408
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankMunro-371 View Post
    I agree with you, but many people see UKIP as something different in politics, and a chance to make a protest vote against the main parties.
    They will attract the dumb, uneducated electorate who think that migrants are the reason they are without work as opposed to them being lazy sods.
    You may get a few who use them as a protest vote as you say.

    I think they will get more votes than some on here think. This country we live in is hardly politically educated compared to others.
    "I know I believe in nothing, but it is my nothing."

  28. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    15,244

  29. #59
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Twickenham
    Posts
    2,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Hullis View Post
    I saw this, directly below the story about Lib Dem peer Lord Rennard and his history of sexual harrassment of young women. There are imbeciles wearing every colour of rosette.

  30. #60
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    32,844
    @ukipweather
    Socks before or after trousers, but never before pants. That's the rule.

Similar Threads

  1. Ex-Wolf Watch
    By Deutsch Wolf in forum Wolves
    Replies: 7316
    Last Post: 24th August 2019, 08:13 PM
  2. Watch Porn much do you?
    By Wolf Hunting in forum General Chatter
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 27th July 2012, 11:27 AM
  3. International Watch
    By Kenny in forum Wolves
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 20th March 2011, 09:55 PM
  4. International Watch
    By PassItPassIt in forum Wolves
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 14th February 2011, 02:32 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •