Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolves 3 - 1 Bristol City - Verdict thread

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    Hahahahaha

I tried really hard not to have a huge f-bomb count today! When we were denied the penalty, I will admit a small relapse but I dont think he noticed.
    TBH mate I almost c-bombed at that decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny75 View Post
    Kudos to Andy. I take it your suit next week will be ready for a win?
    Different suit to the one I wore last time I was in a box. We lost that day (apparently - I was too smashed to remember) so here's hoping.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Parkins left foot View Post
    liking the 'shipping forecast' version - thanks Andy.

Despite the known failings of the commentary the scores you have given for Henry & Sako very much mirror what was coming out over the Wolves Player. So good to have real time info & maybe they are not as bad as has been claimed.
    What you have to understand Mr Parkin is that there is NOTHING wrong at all with what you and Roy do during the games. I take my hat off to you both for making the effort so that our ex-pat members get info on the games. It's brilliant.

The issue was with members who attended being told that their opinion on the game was wrong based on the report of a (in my opinion) biased radio commentary. Anyway, no problem with that today, as everyone seems to agree we did a bloody good professional job.
    Don't wear no leather to fit in
    Don't wear no spikes to be cool
    Don't need no woman beside him
    Just make it fast loud and rude

No problem with that Paddy - not sure that either Roy or I have gone down that route anyway & would rather others don't. The 2 threads have differing audiences & purposes.
    This year we will mainly be conquering Europe

How good is Kevin McDonald? So calm in possession and plays with his head up, usually playing simple passes but keeping things moving and he bursts forward to good effect, I'm fast developing a bit of man love for him. I'm getting really excited by this midfield which I still don't think has quite clicked yet due to chopping and changing of formation and personnel. Henry and Jacobs were a bit below par but I think a 3 out of 10 is harsh, Henry's positioning alone causes problems for the opposition and he drifts in centrally a lot which allowed Ricketts plenty of opportunity to get forward, especially first half.

Good win but our defence was exposed a little at times and there were a few last ditch blocks and challenges, what happened to Batth to make him go off? It looked like he might have been elbowed so I'm guessing he had a cut and as there were only minutes left Jackett got the sub on?

Dodgy ref and a dodgy pitch but we still had more than enough to beat Bristol, I'm a happy bunny tonight

How good is Kevin McDonald? So calm in possession and plays with his head up, usually playing simple passes but keeping things moving and he bursts forward to good effect, I'm fast developing a bit of man love for him. I'm getting really excited by this midfield which I still don't think has quite clicked yet due to chopping and changing of formation and personnel. Henry and Jacobs were a bit below par but I think a 3 out of 10 is harsh, Henry's positioning alone causes problems for the opposition and he drifts in centrally a lot which allowed Ricketts plenty of opportunity to get forward, especially first half.

Good win but our defence was exposed a little at times and there were a few last ditch blocks and challenges, what happened to Batth to make him go off? It looked like he might have been elbowed so I'm guessing he had a cut and as there were only minutes left Jackett got the sub on?

Dodgy ref and a dodgy pitch but we still had more than enough to beat Bristol, I'm a happy bunny tonight

Batth was elbowed. He had a cut and couldn't have got sewn up in time so send Gorgeous George on was the best solution.

Agree re: Henry's positioning - it's excellent. He broke away really well, always found space in good areas and tracked back well enough but I think it was his output with the ball that wasn't as good as we've come to expect.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Still need to try wv1, how is it?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

The football has come on leaps and bounds since early season and it was quite easily another game that we could have given someone another hammering ( Orient and Brentford got off lightly ). Dicko looked strong on the ball but didn't quite hit it off with Evans I thought. Early days though.

At times we over complicate but we always look to put in an early direct ball in behind and we just have to punish them. Bristol never at it and not much really to report. Very comfortable victory, Henry and Jacobs never quite at it and knocked off the ball easily. Crap pitch but Price and McDonald kept us ticking over. Batth the pick of the defence, Ricketts got forward well but we lack discipline at times and better teams will put the ball in the net. Stearman played like somebody nearly out of contract who couldn't give a $$$$.

McDonald - MoM by a mile.

Ref - Shocker.

Sounds like a pretty comfortable, routine win which is pleasing. Also it took Dicko just 10 minutes to become our first striker other than Griffiths to score since November 2nd which is a very good sign. We have a great chance to go and win the next 4 games now too - Oldham (a) Bradford (h) Stevenage (a) and Notts County (h). Obviously it won't be easy but it's a chance we need to take to get ourselves back in that top 2 and go into the away game at Brentford on a great run and with a chance to hopefully topple them.

Edit: Although saying that Brentford have an extra game than us before we play them so will go into it having played one more.

Quote Originally Posted by golden nova View Post
    Still need to try wv1, how is it?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    I was in the bar today, you get your first drink free and parking at the ground which makes life easier. Good view of the ground prior to the game and generally good service from the staff plus you get a free programme.
    You get an interview live in the bar with either an ex or serving player, today was Phil parkes, plus some ex players go into the bar bully was in there today talking to people and having photos.
    Drinks are waiting at your table at half time to.
    Food is a bit over priced for what you get and the leg room in the seats is a bit tight.
    Overall it's a good comfortable way to enjoy the game plus I didn't get caught in the deluge.
    You can wear jeans but no trainers.

I was not there, but surely the referee cannot be poor every week. Though it is worth bearing in mind that as we are in the third tier of football, we will not be getting premier league referees, but the ones appointed to our games are level one referees and have proven their competence to officiate at football league level.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMunro-371 View Post
    I was not there, but surely the referee cannot be poor every week. Though it is worth bearing in mind that as we are in the third tier of football, we will not be getting premier league referees, but the ones appointed to our games are level one referees and have proven their competence to officiate at football league level.
    Frank he was abysmal today so inconsistent for both teams, penalty was blatant so he couldn't get that wrong. Things got a bit feisty before half time simply because he was unable to control the game.

KMac it's this season's revelation! He's the antithesis of the dredge that Karl Henry was dishing up last year.
    Socks before or after trousers, but never before pants. That's the rule.

The refereeing standard in this league Frank is dire, i've seen numerous Wolves and Walsall games this year and the amount of decisions they get wrong is worrying.

On the game, glad that we seemed to have put in another good performance and that Dicko got off to a good start. Pleased to hear that Evans also put in another good performance and that Sako came on and was influential.

I just say it as I see it, Frank. Today's wasn't the worst I've seen this season by any stretch of the imagination but he was pretty crap. Baffled as to how we didn't get a penalty. The worst I've seen was probably the MK game when he completely lost control and bought all the tricks from MK.

I didn't go to the Preston but I'm led to believe that ref was pretty dire too.

Kenny is online now Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale

2 massive moments today.

One was a 2 footed challenge right through the back of Price that was dangerous and by the laws of the game today a yellow at least - Refs decision - Not even a foul ( he was stood 10 yards away)

Dicko in the area, turns to get onto a loose ball which would have seen a shot on goal, ankles clipped - No foul given

He got the Brizzle penalty call right but it pretty much ends there for him.

The refs have been shocking, there was another incident today where one of ours got took out right in front of the linesman who flagged for a foul but the ref knew best and said play on with Bristol on the attack!

400 yards from the sea. East coast of Ireland.
    Can anyone who went give any sort of a comparison between Dicko and Sako?
    Everything is a choice. Bad choices make good stories. Design your own disaster. Create your life.

Jacobs shot that took a big deflection out....referees verdict...goal kick.
    The officials in this league are fucking dire.
    It shows how bad they are that we are still moaning about them and weve won!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Hunting View Post
    What do you mean?

It's hard to compare as one is a striker the other a winger?

They both did well today though. Dicko had a good debut, looked lively and took his goal well, as well as getting the assist for the OG. Sako caused them problems when he came on and scored with a good powerful shot into the bottom corner.

Everyone did ok today, Stearman had a couple of dodgy moments but we were comfortable apart from a short spell around when they scored.

Kenny is online now Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Hunting View Post

Ones a forward and ones a winger (when he can be bothered )

400 yards from the sea. East coast of Ireland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    What do you mean?
    Yeah, sorry. Bit too simplistic that question...
    I was wondering about their style of play, how they attack/run at players/track back/hit the ball/techniques & skill on the ball.

When Dicko got the ball early and then scored, most of us could only hear the commentary and... he sounded very good, powerful and fast.
    Then when Sako came on, I wondered how he would compare, but again, listening, it was hard to make a comparison.
    Last edited by Wolf Hunting; 25th January 2014 at 10:20 PM. Reason: inappropriate choice of words.
    Everything is a choice. Bad choices make good stories. Design your own disaster. Create your life.

We were good today. Far from flawless but good all round. Had it been better conditions I think we'd have scored more, so many times the ball holding up cost us after a slick bit of play.

McCarey: Two decent enough saves from range, not much else to do, Bristol were pish.

Ricketts: Steady as you would expect.

Stearman: No dramas which normally means no problems.

Batth: Got pulled out too easily for the penalty. He really needs to sort that out, don't get into areas where you're uncomfortable. Otherwise dealt with the big ponce JET well.

Golbourne: Fine. Always an option going forward which I like.

Henry: Not his day, like it wasn't his day vs Preston. Was it his tug back for the penalty? Whoever it was, it was stupid. But we know he has the quality and he showed it in flashes.

Jacobs: Again not quite at his best, but always looking for the ball and looking to create.

Price: My MOTM. He's everywhere and a really tidy footballer once he gets on the ball. Must play whenever available.

McDonald: He finds time on the ball where he's no right to. Another good footballer. I thought when we bought him that he'd be our #10 but the more I watch him the more I think he's better off in a deeper role. He can dictate play.

Evans: Did ok, nothing special. I think he's the one that needs replacing and he can then back up Price.

Dicko: Neither of his two first half shots were that special but they both went in! Inadvertantly in the second case, no way is that his goal. Obviously quick and generally led the line well. I like.

Sako: Got his goal, got about the park ok, what a sub to have! Maybe this little spell on the bench will have given him a bit of a kick up the arse.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Last edited by Paddingtonwolf; 25th January 2014 at 10:14 PM.

Removed as in hindsight I think my sarcasm would just draw more attention to the post I was offended by.

I'm staggered. This really makes this forum look piss-poor. Racism isn't good, cool, funny, or anything other than beyond the pale

Didn't go today but it was so noticeable at the Leyton Orient game that when Jack Price went off we lost control of midfield and stopped being so smooth in possession and 'transition'. Good to hear with him back in tandem with Kevin McDonald they are back to that same sort of understanding and midfield dominance. It is a real pleasure to see a midfield combo who work together so well and I do think Jack Price is hugely under-rated in his role in making us tick.

Dangerous Darkies indeed.. <-Sarcastic btw

Racism's bad, mmkay.