Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wolves 3 - 1 Bristol City - Verdict thread

yup - and that is why it shouldn't be allowed on here
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

I wouldn't have WH down as racist its just a slip of the tongue, I have been there I said something similar on The Mix one year as I didn't know the players name.

Amended my post for reasons stated in the original

400 yards from the sea. East coast of Ireland.
    Sorry guys.
    Inappropriate and foolish stuff back there.

Genuine apologies. No offence meant.

I've edited the post.
    Everything is a choice. Bad choices make good stories. Design your own disaster. Create your life.

WH is a good lad and no racist, but that post was very inappropriate. Glad to see he had removed it.
    Hair today, gone tomorrow

Right moving on. Is anybody surprised Griff didn't get a run out today. I was expecting the token 20 minutes..

machin05 is offline MURDERS BADGERS. PTG Dogsbody and Spreadsheet MasterN3rd
    Quote Originally Posted by Quirkafleeg View Post
    Right moving on. Is anybody surprised Griff didn't get a run out today. I was expecting the token 20 minutes..
    Not really. We didn't miss him and he never looked like even warning up with any real intention to play. I think he's a gonner.
    Socks before or after trousers, but never before pants. That's the rule.

Not really Quirk, who would you have expected him to replace?
    Though I have to say as a nod to Paddy et al, that from the commentary, it didn't seem that Henry was having as bad a game as some of those that went said...
    Everything is a choice. Bad choices make good stories. Design your own disaster. Create your life.

Kenny is online now Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Quote Originally Posted by Quirkafleeg View Post

Not really.

I'm more surprised by Cotterill saying our 3rd goal came from nowhere. We had been building a good 5 mins of pressure that including winning corners, should have been awarded a penalty and then scored. Hardly from nowhere was it

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Not really.

I'm more surprised by Cotterill saying our 3rd goal came from nowhere. We had been building a good 5 mins of pressure that including winning corners, should have been awarded a penalty and then scored. Hardly from nowhere was it
    Especially as we really should have been 4 or 5 up at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Hunting View Post

Though I have to say as a nod to Paddy et al, that from the commentary, it didn't seem that Henry was having as bad a game as some of those that went said...

Henry and Jacobs really struggled with the pitch today. At times it looked like they were running in treacle.

Steve Cotterill has always been a cunt.

Griffiths will be gone by Friday. He wasn't missed. Dicko lead the line just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Hunting View Post

Your debutant is the one usually dragged off for a round of applause etc etc..

Thank you WH

Quote Originally Posted by andyc225 View Post
    Griffiths will be gone by Friday. He wasn't missed. Dicko lead the line just fine.
    He'll be missed if Dicko gets injured and we have to play Doyle instead. I don't have a problem with getting rid if we buy someone else who can properly challenge for the team and make an impact.

Also a nod today to the whiniest tosser I've ever sat next to - from the first minute going on about how we should have two up front, any time a cross came in and no-one getting on the end of it saying that we lacked height up front, claiming Sigurdarson had never been played up front, saying Dicko was a winger and not a striker - utter wanker. I don't mind people having such laughable views, such is life, but don't be a fucking loudmouth with it, you ruin it for everyone else. He wasn't even some kid either, he must have been early 50s at least.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

For those at the game, did Dicko look like a striker that genuinely enjoys / suits being the one up top?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Not really.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25885329

He comes across dreadfully there. An interview straight out of the Saunders handbook. Willful misrepresentation of what happened, shit "banter", ducking questions, full house.

Twitter
    Facebook

by the way, mr loudmouth at the back of the north bank has been like a church mouse since I called him out as a complete buffoon. happy days
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    For those at the game, did Dicko look like a striker that genuinely enjoys / suits being the one up top?
    In some ways yes - he's bigger than I thought he was and pretty strong too, he runs the channels well, he works the back four which Cassidy/Doyle don't do. But in other ways it's hard to say given that we were so on top for 80% of the game. It's a different role when it's backs to the wall and we need an outlet there to hold it and lead the line. We didn't need him to do that today, whether he can, I don't know.

Twitter
    Facebook

Yep. Has good strength to hold the ball up and was always looking to bring one of Henry, Jacobs & Evans into the game

Trouble is, people have this bizarre, outdated view that only playing 1 up front is somehow 'negative'. They see it as a flat 4-5-1. Whereas most weeks we actually play with 4 attackers - a forward and 3 AMs. Unfortuantely, some supporters can't seem to grasp this.

Yeah, on first showing, suits the formation far better.

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25885329

He comes across dreadfully there. An interview straight out of the Saunders handbook. Willful misrepresentation of what happened, shit "banter", ducking questions, full house.
    What a helmet
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh Griffiths' Hairline View Post
    Trouble is, people have this bizarre, outdated view that only playing 1 up front is somehow 'negative'. They see it as a flat 4-5-1. Whereas most weeks we actually play with 4 attackers - a forward and 3 AMs. Unfortuantely, some supporters can't seem to grasp this.
    I think that this formation is more attacking than a 442 if you have adaptable, mobile players to suit it. With the positive reports above on Dicko, I think we are an attacking midfielder short of having the combination of players to maximise the system.

I think that this formation is more attacking than a 442 if you have adaptable, mobile players to suit it
    Yeah I agree, far more fluid too. It requires good, technical, and importantly quick players to work well. Which is what Jackett is gearing towards.

I think that this formation is more attacking than a 442 if you have adaptable, mobile players to suit it. With the positive reports above on Dicko, I think we are an attacking midfielder short of having the combination of players to maximise the system.
    Still think Jacobs is best as the #10. No problem with Sako missing the last two as he wasn't performing, but him on the left (when he's playing properly), Henry on the right and then Jacobs behind Dicko/Griff is fine by me. It looks like the McGregor ship has well and truly sailed, and Scougall has gone elsewhere, so I think that's how we should go. Evans is a decent footballer but where he played today is not really his right role, I think he needs to be Price's backup/competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh Griffiths' Hairline View Post
    Yeah I agree, far more fluid too. It requires good, technical, and importantly quick players to work well. Which is what Jackett is gearing towards.
    Absolutely, but it's the easy stick to beat the manager with. "One up front at home against bottom three League One team", etc etc. It's tiresome but it's the way many think.

Twitter
    Facebook

machin05 is offline MURDERS BADGERS. PTG Dogsbody and Spreadsheet MasterN3rd
    I'm sure we were playing 4-6-0 at the start of the second half. Dicko was positioning himself wide left with no-one in the middle at all.
    He looked good today. Plays in the shadow of the last defender looking for a quick break. Gives them something to think about, which is a welcome change.
    Socks before or after trousers, but never before pants. That's the rule.

Thank you WH
    Not a bother. Poor judgement.
    Apologies again.

Steve Cotterill in being a muppet shocker.

Unbelievable denial, the way he pictures it they should have won 10. I love the 'Another fullback in there area' Ower fullback Ricketts was camped in there half for most of the game. I really would be annoyed if I was a City fan on that interview, he thinks things are rosy at City and nothing should change. He needs to watch the game again he's mugging you lot off and himself.