Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Another shooting.

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Quote Originally Posted by tredman View Post
    Starting to feel that way about twitter too.

I don't know if people have always been so downright hateful and it's just amplified now or if people are being radicalised by access to people with hateful ideologies.

Either way, it's a shame as I really used to like twitter (Wolves twitterati aside)
    I find it helps to keep your feed regularly up to date. Follow interesting people, bin the arsehats. Sadly, there are a lot of arsehats out there who have a voice due to social media, and feel more confident airing racist views due to the rise of the far right. I do find it disappointing when people I thought were okay start spouting bile, and it makes me wonder how long that sort of shite has been festering inside them. I certainly unfollow a lot more handles than I follow which is a shame.

I won't delete it because I find it's one of the best ways to educate myself when I read informative threads or shared links to things.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Langers View Post
    I find it helps to keep your feed regularly up to date. Follow interesting people, bin the arsehats. Sadly, there are a lot of arsehats out there who have a voice due to social media, and feel more confident airing racist views due to the rise of the far right. I do find it disappointing when people I thought were okay start spouting bile, and it makes me wonder how long that sort of shite has been festering inside them. I certainly unfollow a lot more handles than I follow which is a shame.

I won't delete it because I find it's one of the best ways to educate myself when I read informative threads or shared links to things.
    Its not so much arsehats, rather people I like and follow retweeting or quote tweeting stuff such as 'look at this idiot' etc. It just gets depressing.
    )

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Its not so much arsehats, rather people I like and follow retweeting or quote tweeting stuff such as 'look at this idiot' etc. It just gets depressing.
    Bin them off. If they're polluting your twitter feed, get rid. Or disable their retweets.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Starting to feel that way about twitter too.

I don't know if people have always been so downright hateful and it's just amplified now or if people are being radicalised by access to people with hateful ideologies.

Either way, it's a shame as I really used to like twitter (Wolves twitterati aside)
    Quote Originally Posted by Langers View Post

My feed is OK, it's the arguments within them that get to me. I follow a lot of news/politics and the asshattery, hate, and inane-logic of a lot of responses is hard to ignore. It drives me crazy. It's also really disheartening to see, plain as a day, bot operators being let loose and able to spread their bullshit.

I deleted FB for similar reasons and I don't really miss it any. I don't have to log into twitter to view tweets, don't feel like I'd be missing anything if there really was some tweet I just had to read.
    <3 - guns, jesus, walmart, trucks, truck nuts, trump, brexit, rosters
    </3 - tea, kebabs, monarchies, EU, the deep state, nandos

Apparently a chap trying to stab people on London Bridge, Police have shot him.

BBC radio 5 talking to "roving reporter"
    "for people who dont know London Bridge, where about in London are we talking about?"

REALLY??? its London fucking bridge
    "It was dear old sweet dumpy Wolverhampton"

Initial reports of a truck being driven down 2 lanes & being shot at by armed police - not sure how accurate any reports are so far & seems pretty confused.
    This year we will mainly be conquering Europe

Forgive my ignorance, but I thought police in the UK were unarmed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo„o Moutinho
    "I hope to win all the games."

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Most are, but there are strategic specifically trained armed teams in vulnerable places to respond when needed (more in London I suspect than elsewhere)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkins left foot View Post
    Most are, but there are strategic specifically trained armed teams in vulnerable places to respond when needed (more in London I suspect than elsewhere)
    All airports, major railway stations and all around major cities. A friend of mine is an SFO in Cleveland Police
    Wolves have ambition and wit... why is it such a crime?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Think of it as our version of S.W.A.T

Started off as a stabbing,public tackled him,police turned up,started handcuffing him,realised he'd got a suicide vest on him,he started getting up and reaching for it,shot him,since said its a fake vest.
    Video is on social media,and fair play to the have a go heroes to restrain him
    See post #5516 of ex wolf watch to find out why in my house,i hate Kenny Miller

Reports of 2 killed in this incident

Sounds like he killed two people before he was killed himself. The bloke in the video holding him down until the Police can get the shots off is just staggeringly brave. Unbelievably so - he must have thought that suicide vest was real at the time. My word.
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

Turns out this guy lived about a mile away from us, thatís rather worrying.
    )

Turns out this guy lived about a mile away from us, that’s rather worrying.
    I moved to Hamburg two days after 9/11.

Their flat was like two stops from my house which was a bit unsettling.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    I moved to Hamburg two days after 9/11.

Their flat was like two stops from my house which was a bit unsettling.
    Shouldnít really make any difference really, but it does.
    )

No, it shouldn't. But yeah.

Security around that time was proper mental.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Bit unnerving that this guy was allowed out given the comments from Justice Wilkie when he was sentenced in 2012 (but that's the law). Imprisonment for Public Protection (IPP) was scrapped in 2012 so a massive miscalculation of 'rehabilitation' and hopefully there are no more that have been released that are still a danger to the public.

The terrorist was tackled with a Narwhal tusk and a fire extinguisher!

The Narwhal tusk was incredible improvisation to pull it out of the display.

Those people were incredibly brave. The bloke on the front of the papers running off having removed the knife apparently ran through four lanes of traffic and vaulted the central reservation to get there and help.

George Medals aren't handed out like confetti, but some are needed here.
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

The RWP don't know what to do. The tusk guy is Polish and one of the others a convicted murderer on day release, which doesn't help with the binary way they like to look at these things.

Convicted murderer who did something fucking incredible yesterday. I understand the feelings of the family of the victim, but if he was still in prison as they wanted then more people may have died yesterday.
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

So it's now become a political football with the Cons and Lab now blaming each other. Yvetter Cooper said the govt were warned about ending IPP yet the ECHR in Strasbourg had deemed it all unlawful.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2012...ences-unlawful

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    Convicted murderer who did something fucking incredible yesterday. I understand the feelings of the family of the victim, but if he was still in prison as they wanted then more people may have died yesterday.
    I think it's very progressive to have faith in convicted murderers that they can go on to save lives on release. Maybe they should take this into account in future sentencing ..

Don't be an arse.

I am surprised he acted in the way he did, and rather grateful about that, but it doesn't make what he was in for a good thing.

He was on day release on licence, exactly the same as the wanker doing this.
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

Don't be an arse.

I am surprised he acted in the way he did, and rather grateful about that, but it doesn't make what he was in for a good thing.

He was on day release on licence, exactly the same as the wanker doing this.
    Apparently 46% of prisoners in England and Wales will reoffend within a year of release. Prison is not a deterrent and attempts to rehabilitate don't seem that impressive either.

That stat has been around for a very long time. And it is right.

What's the percentage of prisoners who will take on a terrorist and save lives?
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

What's the percentage of prisoners who will take on a terrorist and save lives?
    Hypothetically say 85% but should that have a bearing on sentencing and rehabilitation? Now, the bigger picture tells me a dysfunctional society and it's divisions needs fixing before a draconian approach ie build more prisons, incarcerate them longer and make them eat bread and water. JC called it sensibly in the last day or two and I fully agreed with him that foreign policy is the root cause, yet he is constantly slaughtered in the media for his dialogue with what are seen as the 'enemy' ... he is anti establishment in that respect and will never tow the line.