Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Results 391 to 394 of 394

Thread: Another shooting.

  1. #391
    Langers's Avatar
    Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Stourbridge
    Posts
    52,389
    Quote Originally Posted by tredman View Post
    Starting to feel that way about twitter too.

    I don't know if people have always been so downright hateful and it's just amplified now or if people are being radicalised by access to people with hateful ideologies.

    Either way, it's a shame as I really used to like twitter (Wolves twitterati aside)
    I find it helps to keep your feed regularly up to date. Follow interesting people, bin the arsehats. Sadly, there are a lot of arsehats out there who have a voice due to social media, and feel more confident airing racist views due to the rise of the far right. I do find it disappointing when people I thought were okay start spouting bile, and it makes me wonder how long that sort of shite has been festering inside them. I certainly unfollow a lot more handles than I follow which is a shame.

    I won't delete it because I find it's one of the best ways to educate myself when I read informative threads or shared links to things.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

  2. #392
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Stafford
    Posts
    12,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Langers View Post
    I find it helps to keep your feed regularly up to date. Follow interesting people, bin the arsehats. Sadly, there are a lot of arsehats out there who have a voice due to social media, and feel more confident airing racist views due to the rise of the far right. I do find it disappointing when people I thought were okay start spouting bile, and it makes me wonder how long that sort of shite has been festering inside them. I certainly unfollow a lot more handles than I follow which is a shame.

    I won't delete it because I find it's one of the best ways to educate myself when I read informative threads or shared links to things.
    Its not so much arsehats, rather people I like and follow retweeting or quote tweeting stuff such as 'look at this idiot' etc. It just gets depressing.
    )

  3. #393
    Langers's Avatar
    Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Stourbridge
    Posts
    52,389
    Quote Originally Posted by tredman View Post
    Its not so much arsehats, rather people I like and follow retweeting or quote tweeting stuff such as 'look at this idiot' etc. It just gets depressing.
    Bin them off. If they're polluting your twitter feed, get rid. Or disable their retweets.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

  4. #394
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    6,270
    Quote Originally Posted by tredman View Post
    Starting to feel that way about twitter too.

    I don't know if people have always been so downright hateful and it's just amplified now or if people are being radicalised by access to people with hateful ideologies.

    Either way, it's a shame as I really used to like twitter (Wolves twitterati aside)
    Quote Originally Posted by Langers View Post
    I find it helps to keep your feed regularly up to date. Follow interesting people, bin the arsehats. Sadly, there are a lot of arsehats out there who have a voice due to social media, and feel more confident airing racist views due to the rise of the far right. I do find it disappointing when people I thought were okay start spouting bile, and it makes me wonder how long that sort of shite has been festering inside them. I certainly unfollow a lot more handles than I follow which is a shame.

    I won't delete it because I find it's one of the best ways to educate myself when I read informative threads or shared links to things.
    My feed is OK, it's the arguments within them that get to me. I follow a lot of news/politics and the asshattery, hate, and inane-logic of a lot of responses is hard to ignore. It drives me crazy. It's also really disheartening to see, plain as a day, bot operators being let loose and able to spread their bullshit.

    I deleted FB for similar reasons and I don't really miss it any. I don't have to log into twitter to view tweets, don't feel like I'd be missing anything if there really was some tweet I just had to read.
    <3 - guns, jesus, walmart, trucks, truck nuts, trump, brexit, rosters
    </3 - tea, kebabs, monarchies, EU, the deep state, nandos

Similar Threads

  1. recreational shooting
    By Del Woppio in forum Other Sport
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14th February 2014, 06:35 PM
  2. Connecticut School Shooting
    By LG Wolf in forum General Chatter
    Replies: 186
    Last Post: 2nd May 2013, 03:06 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •