Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Another shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    To be fair, I am with Papper on this, but not the newspaper analogy ?

We have fairly strict gun control here but it didn't stop Dunblane ! I know that is a fairly isolated incident, but we are 100th the population of the US

Is it the Swiss that have the most lapse gun control ?
    You may find this of interest.

http://www.politics.co.uk/reference/gun-crime

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthropist View Post
    I am calmly telling you to shut the $#@! up you ignorant, patronising piece of $#@!.
    Ignore me. I am now longer addressing you and didn't address you in the first instance. Don't take your anger out on me please.

I am calmly telling you to shut the fuck up you ignorant, patronising piece of shit.
    The calmness is really flooding through.
    If you see a Possum, try to kill it, 'kay, it's not a pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Papper View Post
    I suppose it's the same reason why we didn't go into Iraq with cricket bats, black widow spiders and bags of deadly nightshade.
    Not really. Unless you're assuming that someone who goes into a school with a gun does so because he thinks he's likely to find a bunch of tooled up kids.

Quote Originally Posted by So Long Architect View Post
    Not really. Unless you're assuming that someone who goes into a school with a gun does so because he thinks he's likely to find a bunch of tooled up kids.
    No it's safe to assume children are not tooled up in schools. Then again I don't understand how the minds of murderers work as I am not inclined that way. The psychology of committing murder and the weapon of choice is for somebody else to explain. I was merely stating an opinion that banning guns or strict gun control does not prevent murder if a maniac wishes to commit murder. Out of respect to Lycanthropist my input on this thread now ends.

I am calmly telling you to shut the fuck up you ignorant, patronising piece of shit.
    Wowza.
    <3 - guns, jesus, walmart, trucks, truck nuts, trump, brexit, rosters
    </3 - tea, kebabs, monarchies, EU, the deep state, nandos

I was merely stating an opinion that banning guns or strict gun control does not prevent murder if a maniac wishes to commit murder.
    Having speed limits and seatbelts doesn't prevent all deaths in road traffic accidents, they don't half help reduce the possibility though.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

You may find this of interest.

http://www.politics.co.uk/reference/gun-crime
    I understand what you're getting at Papper but there is a reason more gun crimes occur with the availability of guns. Look at the toddler article, would that have happened if guns laws were so tight that gun needed to be in a locked box and the threat of an automatic 5 year sentence if found with one that isn't licensed or kept in its box?

We will never stop people that are unhinged trying to commit murders but if all they have is access to a newspaper they will be less likely to go on a killing spree. Finally, how do you identify these people before they commit crimes? We're in Philip K. Dick territory with minority report.
    Nothing to see here...... can't offend sensitive souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny75 View Post
    I understand what you're getting at Papper but there is a reason more gun crimes occur with the availability of guns. Look at the toddler article, would that have happened if guns laws were so tight that gun needed to be in a locked box and the threat of an automatic 5 year sentence if found with one that isn't licensed or kept in its box?

We will never stop people that are unhinged trying to commit murders but if all they have is access to a newspaper they will be less likely to go on a killing spree. Finally, how do you identify these people before they commit crimes? We're in Philip K. Dick territory with minority report.
    Maybe so but my point was that a maniac intent on such atrocity will find other ways. I don't see why anybody would need a gun except for sport, but guns are readily available and gun crime is consistently reported.

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Calm down please mate.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Added to my post above - if you're that riled by someone's post, either report it to us if you think it goes against the forum rules or log off and calm down.

A bit of self moderation goes a long way - abusing other posters isn't on.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

NorwayFB is offline The elderly, irritating relative at weddings

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    Having speed limits and seatbelts doesn't prevent all deaths in road traffic accidents, they don't half help reduce the possibility though.
    Well there are all sorts of inconvenient tests, regulations, and laws governing the use of motor vehicles. Strange that people think it's okay to pass a test and own a license in order to drive but balk at the thought of any kind of regulation when it comes to semi-automatic firearms.

Maybe so but my point was that a maniac intent on such atrocity will find other ways. I don't see why anybody would need a gun except for sport, but guns are readily available and gun crime is consistently reported.
    You're talking out of your jacksey. It takes knowledge, planning and time to say manufacture the fertilizer bomb you posted about. It takes nothing more than a couple of seconds to pull an AR-15 out of a cabinet and go on a killing spree when you've lost your marbles.

NorwayFB is offline The elderly, irritating relative at weddings
    74 school shootings in 18 months.

That's pretty much one every school week.

Freddeno is offline Koscielny Fan Club President, PTG Euro Winner 2016 and all round FPU artist - Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Yeah terrible and people are not that chocked anymore..
    "In Nuno we trust!!" UTW!

Quote Originally Posted by EdgeOfTheAlps View Post
    You're talking out of your jacksey. It takes knowledge, planning and time to say manufacture the fertilizer bomb you posted about. It takes nothing more than a couple of seconds to pull an AR-15 out of a cabinet and go on a killing spree when you've lost your marbles.
    Okay, here's another talking out of their ' jacksey's '. There are quite a few it appears. Please forgive me, I wasn't aware you were the oracle, the font - nay the final word of all knowledge.

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/b...ence-with-ban/

In detail.

http://www.law.harvard.edu/students/...useronline.pdf

Another shooting in America in a place called Bell, Florida. A man has shot his daughter and six grandchildren before turning the gun on himself
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5846446.html
    Wolves have ambition and wit... why is it such a crime?

Clearly this tragedy could have been stopped had the grandchildren been armed.

Quote Originally Posted by Visage View Post
    Clearly this tragedy could have been stopped had the grandchildren been armed.
    A bit flippant Vis.. The fact that he was barred from owning a gun in 1998 following a Felony drugs possession charge. He then had a Felony firearms charge in 2003 after accidentally shooting his son to death in a hunting accident which was pleaded down to the minimum 3 years and now he does this before killing himself
    Wolves have ambition and wit... why is it such a crime?

I think when it comes to US mass shootings I've got compassion fatigue.

If the American people dont give a fuck enough to demand change from their elected representatives then they're beyond hope.

Reports of shootings at UCLA.
    Cosy consensus makes for a boring forum.

Quote Originally Posted by leedswolf View Post

2 dead. Murder/suicide.
    This year, to save me from tears
    I'll give it to Hťlder Costa

Quote Originally Posted by leedswolf View Post
    Wondered for a moment if was Trump testing his own theory that he could shoot someone and still gain in popularity. He's also got a thing against real universities at the moment.

20 people feared dead after a shooting in a nightclub in Orlando. Just senseless.

20 dead 42 injured. Thought to be a radical Islamist responsible for the attack.

It marks 370+ Mass shootings defined as 4+ murders/injuries in a 12 month spell. More than one per day.

It's a very popular gay nightclub. Suggest religious motivation but I've heard nothing to substantiate it's Islamic as yet. Will post if I hear more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo„o Moutinho
    "I hope to win all the games."

50 dead

It sounds truly horrendous. Someone (whatever their religious motivation) clearly has major hate of the LBGT community. Fucking appalling.
    Don't wear no leather to fit in
    Don't wear no spikes to be cool
    Don't need no woman beside him
    Just make it fast loud and rude