Page 1 of 149 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rugby Thread

The Rugby Thread

May as well have a dedicated thread.

Quite a few changes for the England team in the second test match. Farrell + Care return along with Twelvetrees and Burrell with Manu out on the wing so we're definitely going for it.

Will Savea have the last laugh for the All Blacks though, he's dangerous.

Top man! Just came on here to start a rugby thread.

Bit worried about today's game, the all blacks will be more on it and I'm not sure the changes, other than care, make us any stronger.
    )

Yeah it is going to be a very tough test match

Got to love the drama of the Haka

Bit overrated to me, most of the players are not even from NZ, let alone Maoris
    )

What a start! Get in!

Brilliant start, playing brilliantly all over the park
    )

Quote Originally Posted by tredman View Post
    Bit overrated to me, most of the players are not even from NZ, let alone Maoris
    Very lazy journalism possibly true 20 years go with the likes of Lomu, nowadays NZ are no worse then anyone else for that and infact better then most. Looking at the squads today, I am fairly certain (without going through each players birthplace) all of the All Blacks are born in NZ, whilst England have 2 born in the SH (Hartley and Vunipola).

Think all the six nations are far worse then the All Blacks, Ireland now are recruiting young project players from the SH (Strauss, Payne) to play for the provinces knowing that in 3 years they will be eligable to play.

As for the match today, really like the look of this England time, will be a serious prospect in the World cup at home, the All Blacks just have that knack of winning at the moment, starting to now find the gears now today.

Just looked it up and 3 AB players are born outside of NZ.

Agreed they are all as bad as each other, England very much included. I just find the Haka a bit bizarre and not really relevant to most of their players. Id rather just get on with the game, than have this silly focus on one team prior kick off - but that's probably just me.

Think England's tiredness is showing through this half, the team last week looked much fresher.
    )

Has Brown scored??
    Wolves have ambition and wit... why is it such a crime?

Yes.... Well maybe
    )

Yes and converted...Back in it?

Yep 28-20 now.

Lets just finish strongly and see where we get.

Ben Smith has been immense today - MOTM

Just looked it up and 3 AB players are born outside of NZ.

Agreed they are all as bad as each other, England very much included. I just find the Haka a bit bizarre and not really relevant to most of their players. Id rather just get on with the game, than have this silly focus on one team prior kick off - but that's probably just me.

Think England's tiredness is showing through this half, the team last week looked much fresher.
    Oops I stand corrected on that bit.

I used to love watching the haka, was lucky seen it a few times live and it was a nice tradition something different in the pre-match (but about 10 years about same time Adidas got involved with them) they started getting very precious about it).

Agreed think tiredness has taken its toll on England, it is a hell of a lot asking players to play 3 matches away to the AB after a long season.

(useless fact - NZ wont do the haka unless there is a Maori in the side, only happened a few times, last time in the 60's)
    Last edited by Donegal Wolf; 14th June 2014 at 10:25 AM. Reason: talking bollocks

Another brave defeat! 28-27

Could have won both these games! Unfortunately they went into overdrive at the start of the second half and we couldn't deal with it - but then who can.

So many positives to take, although I think Twelvetrees was a big weak link today, we have better options available.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Plenty of positives, If you get out of your group (I think you will the Aussies are no great shakes) with the crowd behind you and momentum then you will be the big challengers to NZ at the World Cup.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugb...-30356684.html

England beat Ireland in the semi-final of World U-20's to reach 3rd final in 4 years, meet South Africa in the Final.

Time to watch the Crusaders game - working from home does have its advantages!

Doing well aren't we - having to follow it on the telegraph's live text....

how's cipriani playing?

Good win against Crusaders. Shows good depth to our squad.
    Cipriani did well and as Farrell is injured may get a chance on Saturday (probably on bench to start though).
    We need to start with Rooney playing a more central role.....oops, I mean Tuilagi.
    'Our goal is crystal clear: we will do our very best to help take Wolves back to the Premier League as soon as possible, and to stay there.'(21st July 2016). *Promotion achieved 15th April 2018.** 2019-7th-57pts-Qualify Europa*

Crusaders without All Blacks are not the same side. England had the chance and I fear New Zealand will want to smash it up in the third test. Good test for Lancaster's men. Keeping it within 15 points would be good.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Looks like a 'battering ram' selection. With Farrell injured and no Twelvetrees, whose going to enact the gameplay?
    There's going to be a lot on Freddy Burns' shoulders.
    'Our goal is crystal clear: we will do our very best to help take Wolves back to the Premier League as soon as possible, and to stay there.'(21st July 2016). *Promotion achieved 15th April 2018.** 2019-7th-57pts-Qualify Europa*

Quote Originally Posted by Dinowolf View Post
    Looks like a 'battering ram' selection. With Farrell injured and no Twelvetrees, whose going to enact the gameplay?
    There's going to be a lot on Freddy Burns' shoulders.
    Thats incredibly harsh on eastmond - he's certainly not a battering ram and is a far more skilful runner than 12trees. Not seen enough of his distirubtion, but judging by the first two tests tuilangi and eastmond looked a much more exciting partnership

10359119_10152258167739825_3997413684674763536_o_zps9d8b3157.jpg

Sorry I don't know how to show it bigger, you have to click on it.

Eastmond used to play 6/7 in RL so has no problem with his distribution. He's a good pick and the complete opposite of a battering ram.

Thats incredibly harsh on eastmond - he's certainly not a battering ram and is a far more skilful runner than 12trees. Not seen enough of his distirubtion, but judging by the first two tests tuilangi and eastmond looked a much more exciting partnership
    I wasn't trying to be harsh, just feel that we have more of a collision type play planned esp. with Vunipola at no.8.
    I feel that Burns may have to play deeper too, and it may go horribly wrong if we play too narrow. Hopefully Ashton and Yarde will stay wide when necessary.

It's an exciting selection.

agreed we do seem to be going more for power, but the ABs tore us apart in broken play last week. I think swapping vunipola for morgan just gives us a much better version of morgan, they are very similar players.

A lot will depend on youngs and burns - i can see cipiriani coming on early too.

WTF has happened this week? Terrible for England.