Page 163 of 177 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,890 of 5304

Thread: The " Honey I'm home and I'm bloody starving , what's for dinner " Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    (bar always using sage and tarragon on chicken because we are talking a MARRIAGE there).
    Tarragon and prawns = fapfapfapfapfap

Quote Originally Posted by Wombat del combate View Post
    Tarragon and prawns = fapfapfapfapfap
    tarragon, basil, garlic, loads of melted butter - fapafuckingsaurus rex
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Is it possible to have too much garlic ? One fad I wasn't a fan of was drowning food in truffle oil, used to find that in a few restaurants, but mushrooms in garlic I could eat till I was immune to vampires for a century.
    I have 2 friends

On prawns with garlic butter, it is impossible to overload dracula's least favourite.

I must admit that my bolognaise and lasagne meat sauces are somewhat garlic draped as well.

I once had some prawns in rice paper in a posh sit down chinese restaurant and they challenged even my abilities to scran on the garlic. It was a truly monumental amount in each prawn parcel. I must have stunk for a month.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    I once had some prawns in rice paper in a posh sit down chinese restaurant
    its about time the common Chinese Restuarants provided chairs. Bastard annoying trying to eat a Chow Mein standing up

When it ouzes out your pores in the middle of the following night you know you've done well.
    I remember prawn parcels, gorgeous but they could retain an exorbitant amount of heat that could easily remove a layer of skin from inside your mouth.
    I have 2 friends

As long as your wife or girlfriend or partner (delete as appropriate) shares your love of garlic then there really is no limit. I would imagine living with a garlic lover if you are less keen on the herb must be a challenging existence.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

The wife is fine till the smell is oozing out your pores at 3am, then shes not impressed
    I have 2 friends

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Speaking of garlic, we're doing a recipe that has a whole chicken and 100 cloves of garlic. It's going to stink the house out but fuck it - this is the apocalypse so I'm going out with a smile on my face.

My better half loves garlic as much as I do so we're really excited about cooking it.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

I know that recipe. The garlic roasts and goes quite sweet. REALLY do put in as much as they say.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    I know that recipe. The garlic roasts and goes quite sweet. REALLY do put in as much as they say.
    We were thinking of doubling it. Because we do that in any other recipe we cook. Honestly, who would only put 2 cloves into a dish? Fuck that, if it says 2 in the book, it needs to be at least 4.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

If you do that, know that you'll forever be known as the man that started the Stourbridge Garlic Riots as all others start panic buying the stuff.

Roasted garlic and onion soup is a triumph. As much garlic as you like, half a dozen quartered onions and plenty of thyme and pepper, cover with chicken stock and in the oven for an hour or so, checking to make sure the stock keeps everything covered.

Into a blender with a dash of cream and away you go.

Love a French onion soup. The thicker the better.

Gruyère on top.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

French Onion soup with a gruyere covered dish-filling crouton on top is quite simply one of the finest hours of western civilisation.

The best one I ever had was in Dinan, in this wonderful bistro in the centre of what is a pretty medieval town back when I was a pup of about 15. Close my eyes, and I can still remember how epic it tasted. It was that Breton trip and one to the Cote D'Azur the year after that really bred my adoration of French cuisine. It's the best food on earth for me, although there must be mentions in despatches for Indian, Italian and indeed Spanish food.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Can’t add anything to the food chat but I concur with Paddy that Dinan is a beautiful place, was there a few summers back.

Just to confirm, mince curry is shit.

Couldn't eat it.

Quote Originally Posted by PPB View Post

Couldn't eat it.
    I *think* I had one about 20 years ago when I lived in Manc and it was the cheapest option in Akbars.

Given that I'm pretty sure I never had one again...

Odd choice from Mr PPB.

Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by PPB View Post

Couldn't eat it.
    TBF mince curry is a bad idea whatever the case, but with chinese curry sauce, peas and mash
    )

French Onion soup with a gruyere covered dish-filling crouton on top is quite simply one of the finest hours of western civilisation.

The best one I ever had was in Dinan, in this wonderful bistro in the centre of what is a pretty medieval town back when I was a pup of about 15. Close my eyes, and I can still remember how epic it tasted. It was that Breton trip and one to the Cote D'Azur the year after that really bred my adoration of French cuisine. It's the best food on earth for me, although there must be mentions in despatches for Indian, Italian and indeed Spanish food.
    I like French food but a) it's such a faff all the time and b) as someone hurtling towards 40, keeping weight off is tougher and it's really not good for the waistline!

Italian is my go to as it's so easy and you can make it healthy with pretty much no tweaks.

Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Pompey Wolf View Post
    Can’t add anything to the food chat .
    Of course you can, I have eaten in many many Michelin starred restaurants but I would gladly eat a Pukka pie and chips any day of the week, or devour a Kebab like a locust on a cornfield,
    I have 2 friends

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    I like French food but a) it's such a faff all the time and b) as someone hurtling towards 40, keeping weight off is tougher and it's really not good for the waistline!

Italian is my go to as it's so easy and you can make it healthy with pretty much no tweaks.
    It can be a faff for sure, but it is SOOOOO worth it with many of the great dishes.

I can only assume that I have a very active metabolism because with my love of french haute cuisine I should be the size of a house.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Mr Double Cream!

I never used to give much of a shit but I don't want to be some kind of a blob, ideally when we're not all locked away and when I've decided to trust women again I'd quite like to find somebody (which would be harder if I were a fat bastard) and being relatively trim and fit gives you a real boost through the day.

I've cut down massively on meat intake over the last year, I don't drink much outside of matchdays and I buy plenty of healthy food now. You only get one life and as much of a struggle as I find it sometimes, I'd best preserve it.

Twitter
    Facebook

I agree but what you eat can make you happy.

Steak cooked french rare - so walked through a warm room and a properly made Bearnaise is awesome. Have it with some frites and a nice salad with vinaigrette or french dressing on the side. Ace.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Went back to my younger days as found some fish fingers in the freezer (no idea why I bought in the first place though) - so FF & chip butty
    This year we will mainly be conquering Europe

(paused for the moment, but hopefully to be continued)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Of course you can, I have eaten in many many Michelin starred restaurants but I would gladly eat a Pukka pie and chips any day of the week, or devour a Kebab like a locust on a cornfield,
    Well we did have a nice chilli tonight but I thought I better not mention it as I didn’t make it!

It's a good outlet this, good food, shite food, it's all we have right now. Don't shy away from sharing.

Also if you can't cook...trust me, you can. I'm a useless shite at most things but it's the easiest thing to learn. All you have to do is follow instructions. Then as you get better, you can do your own stuff.

Twitter
    Facebook

New spuds, peas, pork and red onion bangers and best of all onion gravy......sometimes simple food is great
    FJRWolf

Garlic is waaaayy too strong. I don't mind a little but after that it just becomes overpowering.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

Like salad cream?
    )