Page 467 of 475 FirstFirst ... 367417457465466467468469 ... LastLast
Results 13,981 to 14,010 of 14221

Thread: General Wolves News

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Ah you're right, I did explicitly say Neves' goal was unimpressive, how silly of me.
    You said Neves is a 6/10 performer who doesn’t influence games (again, I’ll ask you if his contribution of a worldy equaliser only he is capable of was not influencing the game pretty significantly) yet get close to jizz levels of excited about one cross by Traore. And you still haven’t answered the question of what more do you want Neves to do?

It’s absolutely bizarre.
    FFS, Booz, this high horse you're on lately is bewildering.

I want him to influence our possession more. Be a presence. At the moment I don't have a great deal of confidence in him completing his long passes or getting shots on target with much consistency. No, I don't expect him to hit a worldy every time he shoots. Yes, I expect him to do better than he normally does. His goal this weekend, good as it was, doesn't make up for what was otherwise a very ineffectual performance from him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joćo Moutinho
    "I hope to win all the games."

It absolutely does make up for his otherwise ineffectual performance. It's exactly what scoring a goal like that does!
    Socks before or after trousers, but never before pants. That's the rule.

He wasn't very good generally on Monday (not awful though).

But he really is not as mediocre week on week as you say he is If you ever trust me on one thing, trust me on this one.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

I think the reason some think he isn't as effective as he should be is down to the role he plays in the Premier, very much a defensive midfielder sitting in front of the CB's, plus setting up attacks with his range of short and long passes. Just doesn't get the time or opportunities he did in the Chump
    FJRWolf

Quote Originally Posted by sycophantia View Post
    I think the reason some think he isn't as effective as he should be is down to the role he plays in the Premier, very much a defensive midfielder sitting in front of the CB's, plus setting up attacks with his range of short and long passes. Just doesn't get the time or opportunities he did in the Chump
    Exactly this. He is never going to look the same as he did in that Championship season because he is asked to play a different role now. He's adapted to it very well too.

General Wolves News

I didn’t even notice him be that bad. Yeah he didn’t have a great game and gave the ball away a lot, but wouldn’t say he had a stinker. Certainly no more than anyone else. Doc had a stinker closely followed by Jota (first half)

He was mainly suffering from having no out ball and Utd pressing relentlessly.

Not sure how we can get him to influence the game much more when he basically plays CB when we have the ball and only gets in the final third on corners.
    As usual, Wolves fans being fickle. - Waggy on the Wing

His goal this weekend, good as it was, doesn't make up for what was otherwise a very ineffectual performance from him.
    I give up.

RUBEN IS A GOLDEN GOD AND WE SHOULD BE QUEUEING UP TO KISS HIS FEET.

END OF DISCUSSION.
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post

I honestly didn't think people were that stupid...

Seriously though he wasnt that bad on Monday, second half he improved, played some nice passes out to the wings to start our attack. Utd looked stretched when Traore ran at them and I think Ruben showed some good visions to release Traore into those spaces.

Honestly, we are so lucky to have him, we will grieve the day he leaves us.
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post

I honestly didn't think people were that stupid...

His stock ball is the diagonal out to the right. We have seen it so many times.

That ball was not on as Doc was broken. He didn't play well anyway but it's no surprise that when we're effectively down to 10 (as Doc may as well not have been there, and that's not me having a go, he was obviously not right) that his game suffered.

To say he has been below par for a year is just utter rot, I'm sorry.

Twitter
    Facebook

6/10 has gone international at Heathrow
    )

I fucking love that
    Don't wear no leather to fit in
    Don't wear no spikes to be cool
    Don't need no woman beside him
    Just make it fast loud and rude

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    He wasn't very good generally on Monday (not awful though).

But he really is not as mediocre week on week as you say he is If you ever trust me on one thing, trust me on this one.
    Tbf I haven't said he's ineffective every week, I've said he is too often.

He generally doesn't do a lot wrong in any case, but it is frustrating to watch him have a relatively small impact in games when I think he should be stepping up. If that's down to his tactical role, then I'd certainly question if we aren't slightly misusing him.

I get where Alan is coming from. He hasn't been as influential a figure as he was in the Championship in how he made the team tick on a weekly basis.

But then again a slight drop off in his attacking play is to be expected at a higher level, yet his defensive work has markedly improved, because as mentioned he is being asked to provide more of a shield to the back four.

It'd be interesting to see a midfield three of Moutinho - Saiss - Neves, with Saiss being the sitter, just to see if Neves could be that playmaker once again.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

Not sure which thread to put this on but I've now got FOUR months of Premier Sports @ £4/month after clicking cancel.

Fuck it, more or less the price of a pint these days, if I watch one game a month then it'll do between now and Christmas.

Twitter
    Facebook

Not sure which thread to put this on but I've now got FOUR months of Premier Sports @ £4/month after clicking cancel.

Fuck it, more or less the price of a pint these days, if I watch one game a month then it'll do between now and Christmas.
    My local charges £6.05 per pint..

Let's say you keep visiting me mate, eh. X

Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    I get where Alan is coming from. He hasn't been as influential a figure as he was in the Championship in how he made the team tick on a weekly basis.

But then again a slight drop off in his attacking play is to be expected at a higher level, yet his defensive work has markedly improved, because as mentioned he is being asked to provide more of a shield to the back four.

It'd be interesting to see a midfield three of Moutinho - Saiss - Neves, with Saiss being the sitter, just to see if Neves could be that playmaker once again.
    I would love to see that.

I don't see Saiss as a sitting midfielder though. He's best roaming around, breaking stuff up and winning the ball, like he did tonight. Doing what Ruben does for us is not really his game (I'm sure he could make a fist of it but it's not the best use of him. He's never really done that job for us since the days of Zenga, and he wasn't really very good most of the time).

Neves further forward...meh. He never gets in the box anyway so what would be the point.

Twitter
    Facebook

He could combine with Moutinho more often and being shifted ever so slightly wider would likely give him more options for through balls on the ground.

I don't think Saiss needs to do what he did under Zenga and Lambert now, given we have Coady as a de facto sweeper behind him. I do like what Dendoncker brings to us with his late runs but I don't feel we lose a great deal if Ruben is camped on the edge of the area with the likes of Raul/Cutrone/Jota/Neto getting in to challenge for crosses.

EDIT: I can't decide if I love or loathe my new title.

You'll have to put up with the title,it'll get changed to something much worse if you moan
    See post #5516 of ex wolf watch to find out why in my house,i hate Kenny Miller

As long as it's in good faith, I've no issues!

After next week what will you even watch on there? Mind you, I bet you would watch anything with a football
    Time that you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.

After last night’s ‘performance’ I’m glad I stuck with cancelling it. Stream kept freezing and had to keep reloading the page, missed Jota’s goal through it. Got it back up and running as we were celebrating and caught the replays but still, second half was unwatchable for a good 15 minutes.

Langers is online now Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Just bought tickets for the return leg next Thursday - South Bank.

When can new members use their cards? Is it from September?
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

website currently down

I got my ticket just after 9 and the website was fine then.
    I pledge my grievance to the flag

Twitter

Langers is online now Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Likewise. Loads of tickets left though.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Langers View Post
    Just bought tickets for the return leg next Thursday - South Bank.

When can new members use their cards? Is it from September?
    Think you can now mate, Torino was the first game I could upload to my card. Don't know whether it's different for members but I wouldn't have thought so.