Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 146

Thread: Wolves 1 - Ipswich 1 - a dissapointing end? verdict thread

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North Dorset
    Posts
    20,543

    Wolves 1 - Ipswich 1 - a dissapointing end? verdict thread

    Capable of winning that - didn't

    We are a couple of players short of getting out of this rat race of a division.
    This year we will mainly be conquering Europe

    (paused for the moment, but hopefully to be continued)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pendeford
    Posts
    67,138
    At well grows a pair and we are playing against ten. Saying that, we huffed and puffed but deserved no more than we got.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

    1. The Great Wall of China

    2. Low Hill at Christmas

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    7,023
    Missed the game, sounds like we struggled today. Sako getting pelters on Twitter. That's that then for this season, I'm hoping for a push for the top 2 next season, we're not far off.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Up a mountain, donegal, ireland
    Posts
    3,585
    Just not good enough unfortunately,as PLF says a couple of players short.

    Once they got the goal Ipswich looked comfortable, came for a draw and got one.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Norwich, UK
    Posts
    7,596
    Edwards was crap all game and there was a massive gap between our centre mid and strikers. Sako was appalling. McDonald played well as did dicko.

    Very disappointed.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wolves
    Posts
    1,524
    It might have been different if Sako would have turned up - anyone else playing instead of him today come to think of it

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scarborough, North Yorkshire
    Posts
    2,404
    Need some serious changes.
    E Landell clearly isn't good enough or else he would have played more.
    Stearman is too inconsistent and mistake-prone.
    Edwards is too one-dimensional.
    Sako is inconsistent.
    VLP is fast, but like McDonalds burgers, that's about it!

    We need an experienced, well-seasoned midfielder. Ditto for central defender, a winger that can pass and shoot (accurately) cover for the full backs (and a challenge to them, too) and another BIG, strong, powerful striker. Those mentioned should go. I am also doubtful about Jackett - his selections, of late, have been dubious and he doesn't seem to be able to motivate the team. Maybe the real problem is Morgan's satisfaction of 20,000 fee-paying fans every week and his lack of ambition that would necessitate spending a great deal of money. I don't know. However, this clearly isn't good enough. Out with a 'phut' not a bang!
    Wales is not like California in any way.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Wolverhampton
    Posts
    8,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrotdude View Post
    Missed the game, sounds like we struggled today. Sako getting pelters on Twitter. That's that then for this season, I'm hoping for a push for the top 2 next season, we're not far off.
    Yeah Sako had a stinker but our best player does not deserve abuse on social media
    As usual, Wolves fans being fickle. - Waggy on the Wing

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    7,023
    Couple of central midfielders, left back cover, Sako replacement and a striker in the summer for me. No overhaul needed imo.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North Dorset
    Posts
    20,543
    Sako has had more good games than bad for us & I applaud him for hanging around in Div 1 rather than baling out, but will not lose sleep if/when he goes at the end of this season. Think that there are more influential players for us to hold onto for next season.

    Kenny will have some hard choices to make, hopefully he will get the resources to allow him to do what he needs.
    This year we will mainly be conquering Europe

    (paused for the moment, but hopefully to be continued)

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Wolverhampton
    Posts
    8,266
    Quote Originally Posted by croxdenabbey View Post
    Need some serious changes.
    E Landell clearly isn't good enough or else he would have played more.
    Stearman is too inconsistent and mistake-prone.
    Edwards is too one-dimensional.
    Sako is inconsistent.
    VLP is fast, but like McDonalds burgers, that's about it!

    We need an experienced, well-seasoned midfielder. Ditto for central defender, a winger that can pass and shoot (accurately) cover for the full backs (and a challenge to them, too) and another BIG, strong, powerful striker. Those mentioned should go. I am also doubtful about Jackett - his selections, of late, have been dubious and he doesn't seem to be able to motivate the team. Maybe the real problem is Morgan's satisfaction of 20,000 fee-paying fans every week and his lack of ambition that would necessitate spending a great deal of money. I don't know. However, this clearly isn't good enough. Out with a 'phut' not a bang!
    Ebanks hasn't played because the first choice have stayed fit and been good.

    Stearman one of the best players of the season.

    Edwards needs improvement but a useful squad player.

    Sako is inconsistent. So is Angel Di Maria.

    VLP had a decent game today. Nothing special but ok.
    As usual, Wolves fans being fickle. - Waggy on the Wing

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scarborough, North Yorkshire
    Posts
    2,404
    Quote Originally Posted by PuntsWolf View Post
    Yeah Sako had a stinker but our best player does not deserve abuse on social media
    Lord 'elp us if Sako's our best player!
    Dougan, Hibbitt, Wagstaffe, & Richards would piss on him. He's an inconsistent mercenary. OK, when he plays well, he's a killer, but how often is that. We need players that will play a 'blinder' EVERY match, not just when they can be bothered to.
    Wales is not like California in any way.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North Dorset
    Posts
    20,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrotdude View Post
    Couple of central midfielders, left back cover, Sako replacement and a striker in the summer for me. No overhaul needed imo.
    If we hold onto Dicko & Afobe don't think that a striker is the main priority.

    We need to look at the centre of defence, unless Hause is ready to take over there. And if we think we are out of the equation for this year now would like to see him start in the last 2 games this year in his best position.
    This year we will mainly be conquering Europe

    (paused for the moment, but hopefully to be continued)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Castlecroft or Wightwick if you're posh.
    Posts
    8,703
    I thought we played well, up against what we once were, McCarthy showed what we already know, he can get a team out of the Championship but that's where it ends.
    Nothing will beat the last two seasons for entertainment in recent times at Molineux whatever happens next.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Not too far from Bristol- how fun!
    Posts
    1,252
    Quote Originally Posted by croxdenabbey View Post
    Lord 'elp us if Sako's our best player!
    Dougan, Hibbitt, Wagstaffe, & Richards would piss on him. He's an inconsistent mercenary. OK, when he plays well, he's a killer, but how often is that. We need players that will play a 'blinder' EVERY match, not just when they can be bothered to.
    Well he's our top goal scorer?!
    Me gusta cerveza.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Wolverhampton
    Posts
    8,266
    Quote Originally Posted by croxdenabbey View Post
    Lord 'elp us if Sako's our best player!
    Dougan, Hibbitt, Wagstaffe, & Richards would piss on him. He's an inconsistent mercenary. OK, when he plays well, he's a killer, but how often is that. We need players that will play a 'blinder' EVERY match, not just when they can be bothered to.
    George Best would piss Wayne Rooney. What is your point?
    As usual, Wolves fans being fickle. - Waggy on the Wing

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scarborough, North Yorkshire
    Posts
    2,404
    Quote Originally Posted by PuntsWolf View Post
    Ebanks hasn't played because the first choice have stayed fit and been good.
    So good that they let in 3 daft goals against Leeds etc., etc. If Jackett had a super defender on the bench, don't you think he'd have been used?
    Wales is not like California in any way.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Castlecroft or Wightwick if you're posh.
    Posts
    8,703
    Quote Originally Posted by PuntsWolf View Post
    George Best would piss Wayne Rooney. What is your point?
    Not sure he would to be honest.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scarborough, North Yorkshire
    Posts
    2,404
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthWestWolf View Post
    Well he's our top goal scorer?!
    Well, if that's really the best we can hope for...........!
    Wales is not like California in any way.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Not too far from Bristol- how fun!
    Posts
    1,252
    Quote Originally Posted by croxdenabbey View Post
    Well, if that's really the best we can hope for...........!
    He had one quiet game and you're saying this as if you'd prefer to start Edwards out wide.
    Me gusta cerveza.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Castlecroft or Wightwick if you're posh.
    Posts
    8,703
    Quote Originally Posted by croxdenabbey View Post
    Well, if that's really the best we can hope for...........!
    Come on, you really need to move on, you can't compere 2015 with 1975.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Shifnal
    Posts
    9,175
    Poor game in all fairness and a draw was about fair.
    Today we needed players like Sako to be in top form but he was the polar opposite, quality of deliveries into the box was very poor.
    They were a typical MM side playing 4-4-2 and doing the basics well but no real flair.
    It was typical put a shift in performance by his side.
    I can't believe how we took our foot of the gas after getting on level terms.
    Almost all over but looking at Ipswich I think they're capable of ballsing it up.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    7,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkins left foot View Post
    If we hold onto Dicko & Afobe don't think that a striker is the main priority.

    We need to look at the centre of defence, unless Hause is ready to take over there. And if we think we are out of the equation for this year now would like to see him start in the last 2 games this year in his best position.
    I think we definitely need another striker, maybe not top of the lost but right now we only have 2 and both are starting. We need another option. I'd rather use Hause than buy a new centre back. EEL is decent 2nd backup.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wolverhampton
    Posts
    4,072
    Very nervous and edgy performance from us today, don't think we handled the pressure of the occasion at all well, particularly in the 1st half. Having got the equaliser so early in the 2nd half I thought we'd go on and win it, but it never really looked likely with their keeper never really tested.

    On Sako at his best he is a match winner today was just one of his off days unfortunately when we really needed him at his best.
    Hold the door...

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scarborough, North Yorkshire
    Posts
    2,404
    To be honest, SWW, I am not trying to be 'bolshy' but, having been a Wolves supporter for 48 years and a season ticket holder for 25 of those, I am used to seeing footballers 'play their hearts out' for 90 minutes, pretty well every game. I know we've been in the doldrums, for much of the last 30 years, but I simply feel that these 'averagely talented' mercenaries cannot compare with much of what has gone before. The Wolves have a great history and tradition and the acceptance of mediocracy leaves me annoyed. We have some good footballers who will form the basis of our challenge for Premier League football, next season, but the likes of Stearman, Edwards and Sako are not good enough, week-in, week-out. Sorry to sound so negative and I apologise for my rants. I love WWFC and I think the club and the fans deserve better.
    Wales is not like California in any way.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Darlaston
    Posts
    8,675
    Quote Originally Posted by croxdenabbey View Post
    To be honest, SWW, I am not trying to be 'bolshy' but, having been a Wolves supporter for 48 years and a season ticket holder for 25 of those, I am used to seeing footballers 'play their hearts out' for 90 minutes, pretty well every game. I know we've been in the doldrums, for much of the last 30 years, but I simply feel that these 'averagely talented' mercenaries cannot compare with much of what has gone before. The Wolves have a great history and tradition and the acceptance of mediocracy leaves me annoyed. We have some good footballers who will form the basis of our challenge for Premier League football, next season, but the likes of Stearman, Edwards and Sako are not good enough, week-in, week-out. Sorry to sound so negative and I apologise for my rants. I love WWFC and I think the club and the fans deserve better.
    If that's your point then you may aswell say that about the whole squad. Sako is our best player and has been for 3 seasons, you have to realise we are a Championship side and we aren't going to have world beaters. I don't think anyone accepts mediocrity they are just realistic and know where we are. You can't compare 30/40 years ago to now.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bilbrook
    Posts
    89,720
    Quote Originally Posted by croxdenabbey View Post
    Lord 'elp us if Sako's our best player!
    Dougan, Hibbitt, Wagstaffe, & Richards would piss on him. He's an inconsistent mercenary. OK, when he plays well, he's a killer, but how often is that. We need players that will play a 'blinder' EVERY match, not just when they can be bothered to.
    I very much doubt the players you mention from the 1970s played blinders in every single match they ever played for Wolves, you're being silly.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

    http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Shifnal
    Posts
    9,175
    I'd much rather have the likes of Sako in our side, players who excite and have you on the edge of your seat when in form as oppose to a bunch of workhorses that we just played against.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wolverhampton
    Posts
    21,998
    I think that's season over but lets be honest most of us thought we would have finished weeks ago in mid table. A Playoff chase this season seems futile but we stand us in good sted for next season.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dunblane
    Posts
    14,695
    WTF was Stears doing for the goal? Cost us the game and hes been shite recently. POTS my arse.
    This year, to save me from tears
    I'll give it to Hélder Costa

Similar Threads

  1. Wolves v Ipswich Town - Matchday Thread
    By FrankMunro-371 in forum The Matchday Archive
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 18th April 2015, 02:01 PM
  2. Wolves 0 Ipswich 2 - Verict Thread
    By croxdenabbey in forum The Matchday Archive
    Replies: 138
    Last Post: 31st December 2012, 02:40 PM
  3. Wolves v Ipswich: Match Day Thread
    By Stan Hullis in forum The Matchday Archive
    Replies: 175
    Last Post: 29th December 2012, 04:18 PM
  4. Ipswich Town 0 - 2 Wolves The verdict
    By FrankMunro-371 in forum Wolves
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 21st September 2012, 06:22 PM
  5. Ipswich v Wolves Matchday thread
    By Hamlet in forum The Matchday Archive
    Replies: 373
    Last Post: 19th September 2012, 08:44 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •