Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Landmark Klaxon!

All three of our bins are the bigger size as standard I think, they're certainly all the same size, the recycling one is hampered by an insert that takes up a fair bit of room but we generally don't have much of the stuff that goes in there so just leave it out if we're struggling for space.

Had a bit of a mare when we first moved up here as took some bin types for granted based on colours back home, had to dig a lot of garden waste back out of my recycling bin.
    If you see a Possum, try to kill it, 'kay, it's not a pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Boozad View Post
    We’ll just get a bigger bin.
    Think of the kids man.
    )

Quote Originally Posted by tredman View Post
    Think of the kids man.
    They’ll both fit in, no problem.

You may or not be aware and may or may not be interested, in Ireland we have 'bin tags'. You buy the tag and stick it to the bin handle. Bin men wont empty the bin unless it's got a tag. Crap idea really.

We compost raw vegetable waste, any other food waste goes into the dog or on the bird table, we recycle plastic, glass and metal. Burn everything else like paper and card in the stove. Never have a bin emptied.

Quote Originally Posted by arklowolf View Post
    You may or not be aware and may or may not be interested, in Ireland we have 'bin tags'. You buy the tag and stick it to the bin handle. Bin men wont empty the bin unless it's got a tag. Crap idea really.
    May I ask what the purpose is?
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    Well there's no 'community charge', so it's run by private alleged 'recycling companies'.
    Quite a few households seem to prefer dumping it in the nearest ditch though as it saves them a few bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    The tags are paper and removed by the bin men. You only buy a tag and put the bin out when you require it to be emptied. So the less waste you create the less you pay.

Quote Originally Posted by arklowolf View Post
    Well there's no 'community charge', so it's run by private alleged 'recycling companies'.
    Quite a few households seem to prefer dumping it in the nearest ditch though as it saves them a few bob.
    Not sure that thats overly helpful to our one planet - mine at least gets collected and disposed of (though not sure that the recycling gets put anywhere different to the rest of the rubbish)
    This year we are going to break up the big 6 clubs (instead of just Arsenal)

In Dublin, you have poxy bin bags, you buy a pack of 3 for a tenner, they hold about 75ltr each, you fill them and leave them out for collection. The problem is that the birds and foxes tear holes in them, then the binmen dont pick them up as the bags have to be in a 'suitable condition', so the bags get left in the street to get spread around by seagulls. It creates an unbelievable mess and is just the most idiotic solution to waste disposal ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post

I honestly didn't think people were that stupid...

Quote Originally Posted by Parkins left foot View Post
    Not sure that thats overly helpful to our one planet - mine at least gets collected and disposed of (though not sure that the recycling gets put anywhere different to the rest of the rubbish)
    No it's sickening and then volunteers have to go and clean up after the bastards. Ive seen fridges, mattresses, settees, you name it dumped.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkins left foot View Post
    Neither is charging to go to the tip. Just encourages fly tipping.

Think we're allowed to leave excess/bulky waste alongside the bins for collection on the appropriate days, and the tip is free.

Bolsover/Derbyshire is on fire for waste management!
    If you see a Pos