Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolves 2 -3 QPR Verdict thread.

400 yards from the sea. East coast of Ireland.

Wolves 2 -3 QPR Verdict thread.

Keep it nice lads.
    Shitty 2nd half. Seemed to hinge on the Dicko's substitution...
    ALF couldn't get into it and they rampaged us.
    Everything is a choice. Bad choices make good stories. Design your own disaster. Create your life.

Question, did Phillips face Edwards and Golbournebor was he down the opposite flank with Henry and Iorfa?

It's always disappointing to throw away a two goal lead.
    Particularly so to goals like their second and third. Very disappointing.
    This formation we're attempting to play does seem very open.

400 yards from the sea. East coast of Ireland.
    Can't tell from here, couldn't pick it up... don't think they mentioned it Lincs.
    Everything is a choice. Bad choices make good stories. Design your own disaster. Create your life.

The stats dont lie. We may have more possession than our opponents but I fear we dont have the same threat as last year. I got pilloried on the matchday thread- fair enough and perhaps I am panicking, but the first three games dont fill me with confidence.We played well against Hull but needed a fluke goal and gave away a 2 goal lead here. It happens in football but evidence is evidence and over three games we are not great
    Carole Baskin is to blame.

Stats:

Wolverhampton Wanderers Queens Park Rangers

16 (6) Shots (on goal) 20(10)
    10 Fouls 13
    5 Corner kicks 2
    1 Offsides 2
    57% Time of Possession 43%
    3 Yellow Cards 2
    0 Red Cards 0
    7 Saves 4
    From what I've heard, QPR's second and third were outright howlers from Martinez, but more worrying is that we allowed ten shots on goal.

Adjustments needed but that's to be expected in the early season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joćo Moutinho
    "I hope to win all the games."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-_-man View Post
    The stats dont lie. We may have more possession than our opponents but I fear we dont have the same threat as last year. I got pilloried on the matchday thread- fair enough and perhaps I am panicking, but the first three games dont fill me with confidence.We played well against Hull but needed a fluke goal and gave away a 2 goal lead here. It happens in football but evidence is evidence and over three games we are not great
    Just 43 games to turn it around. We will be fine, no need for any panic reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMunro-371 View Post
    Just 43 games to turn it around. We will be fine, no need for any panic reactions.
    For once, Frank, we agree 100%.

We will be fine. Poor tonight but that was two rickets by the keeper.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

We should never throw away a two goal lead, it's more or less inexcusible! Would like to see the highlights to see if Martinez really did gift them two goals and if so my next question becomes is there a clause that requires us to play him a set amount of games?

It hurts but right now we have 4 points in three games. Average start results-wise, performance-wise we don't look solid at the back even when we seem to have bite up front. I would hope we don't throw away winning positions as a habit this season
    “Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.”

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    We will be fine. Poor tonight but that was two rickets by the keeper.
    Ok- I apologise. I am not a WUM. Dont call me it again please. I am as disappointed as you and the rest. I am really concerned at our shape and lack of balance. We are right sided. It doesnt look right. That is not WUM or pant wetting its an observation. I often dont post when we are winning as I hate to Jinx it! Silly I know but we all have our quirks. Frank is right we have 43 games to change it and I hope we will. Starting Saturday

We seemed to be in complete control at 2-0 and playing some great football, but sloppy defending for there first goal opened it up for them. We then showed a real soft under belly and played with real nerves and trepidation.
    Martinez looked very shaky before his howlers spilling a couple of shots and I expect to see Ikeme back in goal for Saturday.
    The changing of Dicko go ALF didn't work, we have Phillips far to much space at times.
    The first 37 minutes we looked a classy outfit coming forward playing some great football. We'll have no problems in front of goal this season.
    The back four is a concern and conceded 5 in 3 now simply isn't good enough so far.
    Early days yet and I think other championship sides won't have to face Phillips or Austin in two weeks.

it was a big call for Jackett to replace Ikemi with Martinez and tonight it hasn't paid off. Does Ikemi now come back in?

Hard to see if Phillips' second was bending away from Martinez. Only mitigating thing I can think of. Benefit of the doubt and all.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Stats aren't evidence. They can (and I'm not saying they are in this case as I wasn't there) be wholly misleading. 'Stats don't lie' is a phrase that makes me cringe TBH, up there with 'he's a good shot stopper', and the word 'discharge'.

Example - Martinez should be saving the last 2 QPR goals. Both shots on target, but they shouldn't have gone in. They don't necessarily tell you the story of the game, and on the basis of tonight, they don't tell you the story of the season so far, let alone tell you anything about the story of what is to come in the next FORTY THREE games. You're reading far too much into it. Getting the verdict for those who were there rather than looking at bloody match stats (or indeed following the game on Twitter as I did) will give us a much better view of the game and I look forward to reading them.

Nevertheless, it's a game that at 2-0 up, we should be coming away with 3 points from. The fact we haven't is hugely frustrating abd it means KJ and JG have some work to do because we've got to improve.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

The bit in bold is crucial. We have had moments of real class, we were like lightning getting the ball into Hulls area on Sun, and we sounded class at 2-0 tonight. Obviously lapses have cost us points, but it happens and we have 43 games to sort this.

Let's not forget we are playing a new system with new players who are still adjusting. Rome wasn't built in a day mate!
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post

I honestly didn't think people were that stupid...

It's fine cyber. We are all frustrated tonight. That is points binned no other way about it. We must put it right in Cardiff.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Naive in the extreme. Shown for the young team we are.
    Edwards had a great first half and disappeared second.
    Henry did well first half and disappeared.
    Kmac had a good first half and faded same as Coady.
    Afobe was very quiet.

Defence cost us, would like to see the replays before I attest blame to the keeper

Iorfa for me should be rested.
    I'm no Doherty fan but experience is needed and he has ir
    "I know I believe in nothing, but it is my nothing."

How far is Wallace from full fitness? Obviously unproven but I feel like we'd look a lot different with him instead of Edwards. Might not be good different but I'd like to see it...

Quote Originally Posted by east-coast-wolves View Post
    How far is Wallace from full fitness? Obviously unproven but I feel like we'd look a lot different with him instead of Edwards. Might not be good different but I'd like to see it...
    Edwards isn't the issue tonight or this season. Easy target.

Quote Originally Posted by east-coast-wolves View Post
    He played for the U21s earlier this week and I think KJ said he's looking to play v Barnet, so doubt he'll feature at Cardiff.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Wolves culpable as a team for thinking they had the job done after 25 minutes.

Hause frequently all at sea again. for the second goal it deflected off him but Martinez should have saved it. Confidence shot all round. 3rd goal he should have saved imo. His distribution was more than often than not poor add well.

Never judge a match by stats, you can have 10 pea rollers at goal which the keeper falls on that make you look like your dominated the game or play like a solbakken side 60% possession and do fuck all with it.

One wonders what's going on with Iorfa and Hause at this juncture. Both seem to have been very shaky for four-ish consecutive matches now.

That is where our problem currently lies.

Wolves 2 -3 QPR Verdict thread.

Hause was fine Sunday but pulled all over the place tonight. He's a kid, naive and it showed tonight. He is however a talent.

Iorfa. Well. He's not started great

Quote Originally Posted by Alan USA View Post
    Both seem to have been very shaky for four-ish consecutive matches now.
    Really?!

What? Iorfa was Man of the Match on Sunday.

Some of the shit people come out with.

Quote Originally Posted by Langers View Post
    Stats aren't evidence. They can (and I'm not saying they are in this case as I wasn't there) be wholly misleading. 'Stats don't lie' is a phrase that makes me cringe TBH, up there with 'he's a good shot stopper', and the word 'discharge'.

Example - Martinez should be saving the last 2 QPR goals. Both shots on target, but they shouldn't have gone in. They don't necessarily tell you the story of the game, and on the basis of tonight, they don't tell you the story of the season so far, let alone tell you anything about the story of what is to come in the next FORTY THREE games. You're reading far too much into it. Getting the verdict for those who were there rather than looking at bloody match stats (or indeed following the game on Twitter as I did) will give us a much better view of the game and I look forward to reading them.

Nevertheless, it's a game that at 2-0 up, we should be coming away with 3 points from. The fact we haven't is hugely frustrating abd it means KJ and JG have some work to do because we've got to improve.
    Ok I will take your point. However I and others are happier when we have possession that tuns into shots on goal and on target. QPR did that better than us tonight regardless of whether the keeper should have saved their last 2. I will be happy as long as its not repeated

Disappointing. Any surrender of a two-goal lead, at home, is a crime. Didn't go to the game, tonight, but from what I saw on Sunday, we don't look dangerous, up front, we lack width and the defence looks shaky. There's plenty time to sort this out, but tonight is a disappointing setback.
    Wales is not like California in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedgley Wolf View Post
    What? Iorfa was Man of the Match on Sunday.

Some of the shit people come out with.
    Really? Wow. Not mine. At all.