Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 180

Thread: Wolves 2 -3 QPR Verdict thread.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    400 yards from the sea. East coast of Ireland.
    Posts
    16,240

    Wolves 2 -3 QPR Verdict thread.

    Keep it nice lads.
    Shitty 2nd half. Seemed to hinge on the Dicko's substitution...
    ALF couldn't get into it and they rampaged us.
    Everything is a choice. Bad choices make good stories. Design your own disaster. Create your life.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Lincoln
    Posts
    2,588
    Question, did Phillips face Edwards and Golbournebor was he down the opposite flank with Henry and Iorfa?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Rochester
    Posts
    1,187
    It's always disappointing to throw away a two goal lead.
    Particularly so to goals like their second and third. Very disappointing.
    This formation we're attempting to play does seem very open.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    400 yards from the sea. East coast of Ireland.
    Posts
    16,240
    Can't tell from here, couldn't pick it up... don't think they mentioned it Lincs.
    Everything is a choice. Bad choices make good stories. Design your own disaster. Create your life.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Mondas and Telos
    Posts
    14,206
    The stats dont lie. We may have more possession than our opponents but I fear we dont have the same threat as last year. I got pilloried on the matchday thread- fair enough and perhaps I am panicking, but the first three games dont fill me with confidence.We played well against Hull but needed a fluke goal and gave away a 2 goal lead here. It happens in football but evidence is evidence and over three games we are not great
    Carole Baskin is to blame.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Florida, United States
    Posts
    24,970
    Stats:

    Wolverhampton Wanderers Queens Park Rangers

    16 (6) Shots (on goal) 20(10)
    10 Fouls 13
    5 Corner kicks 2
    1 Offsides 2
    57% Time of Possession 43%
    3 Yellow Cards 2
    0 Red Cards 0
    7 Saves 4
    From what I've heard, QPR's second and third were outright howlers from Martinez, but more worrying is that we allowed ten shots on goal.

    Adjustments needed but that's to be expected in the early season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joćo Moutinho
    "I hope to win all the games."

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Darkest Lincolnshire.
    Posts
    36,785
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-_-man View Post
    The stats dont lie. We may have more possession than our opponents but I fear we dont have the same threat as last year. I got pilloried on the matchday thread- fair enough and perhaps I am panicking, but the first three games dont fill me with confidence.We played well against Hull but needed a fluke goal and gave away a 2 goal lead here. It happens in football but evidence is evidence and over three games we are not great
    Just 43 games to turn it around. We will be fine, no need for any panic reactions.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Florida, United States
    Posts
    24,970
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankMunro-371 View Post
    Just 43 games to turn it around. We will be fine, no need for any panic reactions.
    For once, Frank, we agree 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joćo Moutinho
    "I hope to win all the games."

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pendeford
    Posts
    66,966
    We will be fine. Poor tonight but that was two rickets by the keeper.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

    1. The Great Wall of China

    2. Low Hill at Christmas

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    6,525
    We should never throw away a two goal lead, it's more or less inexcusible! Would like to see the highlights to see if Martinez really did gift them two goals and if so my next question becomes is there a clause that requires us to play him a set amount of games?

    It hurts but right now we have 4 points in three games. Average start results-wise, performance-wise we don't look solid at the back even when we seem to have bite up front. I would hope we don't throw away winning positions as a habit this season
    “Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.”

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Mondas and Telos
    Posts
    14,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    We will be fine. Poor tonight but that was two rickets by the keeper.
    Ok- I apologise. I am not a WUM. Dont call me it again please. I am as disappointed as you and the rest. I am really concerned at our shape and lack of balance. We are right sided. It doesnt look right. That is not WUM or pant wetting its an observation. I often dont post when we are winning as I hate to Jinx it! Silly I know but we all have our quirks. Frank is right we have 43 games to change it and I hope we will. Starting Saturday
    Carole Baskin is to blame.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Shifnal
    Posts
    9,174
    We seemed to be in complete control at 2-0 and playing some great football, but sloppy defending for there first goal opened it up for them. We then showed a real soft under belly and played with real nerves and trepidation.
    Martinez looked very shaky before his howlers spilling a couple of shots and I expect to see Ikeme back in goal for Saturday.
    The changing of Dicko go ALF didn't work, we have Phillips far to much space at times.
    The first 37 minutes we looked a classy outfit coming forward playing some great football. We'll have no problems in front of goal this season.
    The back four is a concern and conceded 5 in 3 now simply isn't good enough so far.
    Early days yet and I think other championship sides won't have to face Phillips or Austin in two weeks.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Wombourne
    Posts
    1,108
    it was a big call for Jackett to replace Ikemi with Martinez and tonight it hasn't paid off. Does Ikemi now come back in?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Burton-On-Trent
    Posts
    44,754
    Hard to see if Phillips' second was bending away from Martinez. Only mitigating thing I can think of. Benefit of the doubt and all.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

  15. #15
    Langers's Avatar
    Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Stourbridge
    Posts
    52,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-_-man View Post
    The stats dont lie. We may have more possession than our opponents but I fear we dont have the same threat as last year. I got pilloried on the matchday thread- fair enough and perhaps I am panicking, but the first three games dont fill me with confidence.We played well against Hull but needed a fluke goal and gave away a 2 goal lead here. It happens in football but evidence is evidence and over three games we are not great
    Stats aren't evidence. They can (and I'm not saying they are in this case as I wasn't there) be wholly misleading. 'Stats don't lie' is a phrase that makes me cringe TBH, up there with 'he's a good shot stopper', and the word 'discharge'.

    Example - Martinez should be saving the last 2 QPR goals. Both shots on target, but they shouldn't have gone in. They don't necessarily tell you the story of the game, and on the basis of tonight, they don't tell you the story of the season so far, let alone tell you anything about the story of what is to come in the next FORTY THREE games. You're reading far too much into it. Getting the verdict for those who were there rather than looking at bloody match stats (or indeed following the game on Twitter as I did) will give us a much better view of the game and I look forward to reading them.

    Nevertheless, it's a game that at 2-0 up, we should be coming away with 3 points from. The fact we haven't is hugely frustrating abd it means KJ and JG have some work to do because we've got to improve.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    9,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-_-man View Post
    The stats dont lie. We may have more possession than our opponents but I fear we dont have the same threat as last year. I got pilloried on the matchday thread- fair enough and perhaps I am panicking, but the first three games dont fill me with confidence.We played well against Hull but needed a fluke goal and gave away a 2 goal lead here. It happens in football but evidence is evidence and over three games we are not great
    The bit in bold is crucial. We have had moments of real class, we were like lightning getting the ball into Hulls area on Sun, and we sounded class at 2-0 tonight. Obviously lapses have cost us points, but it happens and we have 43 games to sort this.

    Let's not forget we are playing a new system with new players who are still adjusting. Rome wasn't built in a day mate!
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post

    I honestly didn't think people were that stupid...

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pendeford
    Posts
    66,966
    It's fine cyber. We are all frustrated tonight. That is points binned no other way about it. We must put it right in Cardiff.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

    1. The Great Wall of China

    2. Low Hill at Christmas

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Wombourne
    Posts
    6,410
    Naive in the extreme. Shown for the young team we are.
    Edwards had a great first half and disappeared second.
    Henry did well first half and disappeared.
    Kmac had a good first half and faded same as Coady.
    Afobe was very quiet.

    Defence cost us, would like to see the replays before I attest blame to the keeper

    Iorfa for me should be rested.
    I'm no Doherty fan but experience is needed and he has ir
    "I know I believe in nothing, but it is my nothing."

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Rochester
    Posts
    1,187
    How far is Wallace from full fitness? Obviously unproven but I feel like we'd look a lot different with him instead of Edwards. Might not be good different but I'd like to see it...

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Wombourne
    Posts
    6,410
    Quote Originally Posted by east-coast-wolves View Post
    How far is Wallace from full fitness? Obviously unproven but I feel like we'd look a lot different with him instead of Edwards. Might not be good different but I'd like to see it...
    Edwards isn't the issue tonight or this season. Easy target.
    "I know I believe in nothing, but it is my nothing."

  21. #21
    Langers's Avatar
    Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Stourbridge
    Posts
    52,923
    Quote Originally Posted by east-coast-wolves View Post
    How far is Wallace from full fitness? Obviously unproven but I feel like we'd look a lot different with him instead of Edwards. Might not be good different but I'd like to see it...
    He played for the U21s earlier this week and I think KJ said he's looking to play v Barnet, so doubt he'll feature at Cardiff.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

  22. #22
    Wolves culpable as a team for thinking they had the job done after 25 minutes.

    Hause frequently all at sea again. for the second goal it deflected off him but Martinez should have saved it. Confidence shot all round. 3rd goal he should have saved imo. His distribution was more than often than not poor add well.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Shifnal
    Posts
    9,174
    Never judge a match by stats, you can have 10 pea rollers at goal which the keeper falls on that make you look like your dominated the game or play like a solbakken side 60% possession and do fuck all with it.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Florida, United States
    Posts
    24,970
    One wonders what's going on with Iorfa and Hause at this juncture. Both seem to have been very shaky for four-ish consecutive matches now.

    That is where our problem currently lies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joćo Moutinho
    "I hope to win all the games."

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Wombourne
    Posts
    6,410

    Wolves 2 -3 QPR Verdict thread.

    Hause was fine Sunday but pulled all over the place tonight. He's a kid, naive and it showed tonight. He is however a talent.

    Iorfa. Well. He's not started great
    "I know I believe in nothing, but it is my nothing."

  26. #26
    Langers's Avatar
    Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Stourbridge
    Posts
    52,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan USA View Post
    Both seem to have been very shaky for four-ish consecutive matches now.
    Really?!
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Santiago de Compostela, Spain
    Posts
    1,823
    What? Iorfa was Man of the Match on Sunday.

    Some of the shit people come out with.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Mondas and Telos
    Posts
    14,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Langers View Post
    Stats aren't evidence. They can (and I'm not saying they are in this case as I wasn't there) be wholly misleading. 'Stats don't lie' is a phrase that makes me cringe TBH, up there with 'he's a good shot stopper', and the word 'discharge'.

    Example - Martinez should be saving the last 2 QPR goals. Both shots on target, but they shouldn't have gone in. They don't necessarily tell you the story of the game, and on the basis of tonight, they don't tell you the story of the season so far, let alone tell you anything about the story of what is to come in the next FORTY THREE games. You're reading far too much into it. Getting the verdict for those who were there rather than looking at bloody match stats (or indeed following the game on Twitter as I did) will give us a much better view of the game and I look forward to reading them.

    Nevertheless, it's a game that at 2-0 up, we should be coming away with 3 points from. The fact we haven't is hugely frustrating abd it means KJ and JG have some work to do because we've got to improve.
    Ok I will take your point. However I and others are happier when we have possession that tuns into shots on goal and on target. QPR did that better than us tonight regardless of whether the keeper should have saved their last 2. I will be happy as long as its not repeated
    Carole Baskin is to blame.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scarborough, North Yorkshire
    Posts
    2,404
    Disappointing. Any surrender of a two-goal lead, at home, is a crime. Didn't go to the game, tonight, but from what I saw on Sunday, we don't look dangerous, up front, we lack width and the defence looks shaky. There's plenty time to sort this out, but tonight is a disappointing setback.
    Wales is not like California in any way.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Wombourne
    Posts
    6,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedgley Wolf View Post
    What? Iorfa was Man of the Match on Sunday.

    Some of the shit people come out with.
    Really? Wow. Not mine. At all.
    "I know I believe in nothing, but it is my nothing."

Similar Threads

  1. Wolves 2-2 Walsall (Wolves win 4-2 on pens): JPT Verdict thread
    By Wolf Hunting in forum The Matchday Archive
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 8th September 2013, 08:51 PM
  2. Wolves 2-0 Milwall Verdict thread. 5/3/13
    By KeiranWWFC in forum The Matchday Archive
    Replies: 365
    Last Post: 7th March 2013, 09:42 PM
  3. Wolves 1 - 5 WBA: The Verdict Thread
    By Boozad in forum The Matchday Archive
    Replies: 271
    Last Post: 13th February 2012, 09:55 AM
  4. QPR 1 - 2 Wolves: The Verdict Thread.
    By Boozad in forum Wolves
    Replies: 234
    Last Post: 6th February 2012, 03:03 PM
  5. The Verdict Thread: Wolves 3 WBA 1
    By Kenny in forum Wolves
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 13th May 2011, 12:06 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •