Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolves 0 - 2 Brentford: "That Familiar Sinking Feeling" Verdict Thread

Wolves 0 - 2 Brentford: "That Familiar Sinking Feeling" Verdict Thread

Off you go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo„o Moutinho
    "I hope to win all the games."

Wolves 0 2 Brentford, The verdict

Outplayed and out shot on our own pitch by a team that started just outside the bottom three. Another no show performance by too many players. Where do we go from here? My view is it is not upwards
    Carole Baskin is to blame.

Outplayed and out shot on our own pitch by a team that started just outside the bottom three. Another no show performance by too many players. Where do we go from here? My view is it is not upwards- delete the other one please mods

A friend mentioned to me recently; when managers start playing players out of position and random formations then he has lost it.

Afobe on the wing? Edwards on the wing? Chopping and changing players and formations?

Not quite KJ out for me yet but it's edging closer. I'm becoming resigned to mid table and losing our better players next summer now.
    "FFS Costa" with or without an apostrophe?

Those who were there...how did Martinez play?
    Radio seems to think that hes making the defense nervous and its affecting the team.
    "It was dear old sweet dumpy Wolverhampton"

Worse than under Hoddle. Except VLP is worse than Seol. Wouldn't bother me if KJ was sacked
    As usual, Wolves fans being fickle. - Waggy on the Wing

The worse performance I can recall at the moment.

The sight of Afobe at left back and rvlp back in the fold makes me sick.

I'm a moderate by nature, tonight I'm just plain pissed off.

They were shit!
    "I know I believe in nothing, but it is my nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by playtheace View Post
    Those who were there...how did Martinez play?
    Radio seems to think that hes making the defense nervous and its affecting the team.
    I'd say the downright pathetic Iorfa and Batth are doing an awesome job themselves.

Worse than under Hoddle. Except VLP is worse than Seol. Wouldn't bother me if KJ was sacked
    As usual, Wolves fans being fickle. - Waggy on the Wing

Boro will dick us by 3 or more

Freddeno is offline Koscielny Fan Club President, PTG Euro Winner 2016 and all round FPU artist - Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Thats we out of promotion IMO..not good enough
    "In Nuno we trust!!" UTW!

Quote Originally Posted by PuntsWolf View Post
    Worse than booing for me was the apathy tonight.

Fucking woeful. I have a feeling we've reached our peak under Kens guidance. Even if we turn things around, I don't see us challenging for promotion or even a playoff spot and then it's more of the same next season.

Time to start weighing up the pros and cons and for me, at the moment, the cons outweigh the pros.
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post

I honestly didn't think people were that stupid...

from bad to worse, there is really something wrong at the club.
    "Never enter into a battle of wits, with an unarmed man"

My concern is the sense of apathy that surrounds the club at the minute. As I stated in the match thread, we seem rudderless both on and off the pitch with a serious lack of direction. A dangerous state for a club to be in.

The Morgan out supporters have their wish without thinking of the consequences.

We are going nowhere.

YoungWolf is offline World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.
    Quote Originally Posted by wombourne wolves View Post
    My concern is the sense of apathy that surrounds the club at the minute. As I stated in the match thread, we seem rudderless both on and off the pitch with a serious lack of direction. A dangerous state for a club to be in.
    Agree. I think the fans feel messed around by the club. Regardless of how likely we were to find a replacement the quality of Sako, Moxey was prepared to let it be known that we would spend good money to replace him. We lack a spark at the moment, and we miss Dicko a lot equally.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-_-man View Post
    Boro will dick us by 3 or more
    Our supposedly better players aren't. If Afobe isn't scoring he isn't anything. Takes one on two on then loses control of gets tackled and we lose possession. Mac D when not spraying the ball around with sublime half the length of the pitch passes does nothing can't tackle can't run nothing.

Then the players who think they are better than they actually are. Henry can take a man on full stop. Iorfa can weave his way past the right midfielder right back full stop. Golbourne you used to be okay not anymore. and you may as well play me or Frank off this forum in Sako' place as opposed to Ojo Byrne or Wallace all nothing more than average at very best.

It's a world apart from even last season

What makes things worse for the rest was that VLP was the standout player when he came on. Oh well I'm off to watch The Minions.

I don't think we can expect Ken to be sacked as long as he doesn't look like he's going to take us down and reduce the valuation of the club.

FWIW I think Kenny has reached his full potential as manager here, thanks for restoring our pride but don't do a Mick and overstay...

Ugh

Miserable display, that level of performance was unacceptable.
    Cannot think of single positive from tonight, very rare you get two halves of such lethargy from one side.
    We've been beaten by side who's coach openly stated he doesn't want the job full time.
    The back four was ropey all night with appalling distribution at times out from the back.
    Midfield was over run at times, we looked very predictable going forward which allowed Brentford to sit deep and soak up any pressure we could apply.
    Afobe missed a sitter but can't think of to many saves Button had to make.
    The last 4 matches are a microcosm of how our season will pan out. The squad we have is mid table fodder we have a back with two players learning on the job and a real lack of consistency in wide areas and a head coach scratching his head to work out his best 11.
    Needed a win tonight considering our up coming games it ain't getting easier.

Why have we backed off KMac and Price pairing in the midfield once again? This season is really fucking irritating. And enough of the players out of position bullshit.

I think it's fairly obvious that the sale of the club is going to be a long, drawn out affair, so any significant injection of funds is not going to happen in January. From what I've seen, the best we can hope for is mid-table mediocrity. It's all a bit depressing.

There is a lot of negativity on social media tonight, has the world ended?

That was garbage.

KMac was abysmal. Batth had an absolute shocker. Iorfa as bad as I have ever seen him play. Coady - beige. Price okay I suppose if I am being kind. Nobody deserves more than about 4 out of 10 for that "performance".

I am beginning to have serious misgivings about Kenny Jackett at the moment. Not sure what the hell he is trying to do, but we are falling to bits. Brentford were no more than a compact side with very little threat, and we managed to be utterly and completely outplayed by them.

RANCID.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

That was by far the worst performance in a long time just couldn't see where we were going to score, Brentford played at a canter first half was like a training match. Share the general sentiment of most above, KJ not having the greatest moment of his wolves career at the moment, I really would struggle to know who is going to be in our staring eleven against boro. I'm afraid it's mid tab at best this season and until a new owner/owners are in place this is what we will have to get used to. Sadly we probably will lose Afobe in January then and we will will be in trouble then, not great times.

Price made a difference when he came on to be fair to him didn't do a lot wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMunro-371 View Post
    There is a lot of negativity on social media tonight, has the world ended?
    It shouldn't be. Its October 21st 2015. That's the power of love.....

It was pretty poor but that's football especially being a Wolves fan in recent times, it'll probably get better before the end of the season and all the hysterical angst at Molineux tonight will turn into cheers again. Sigh!.

That's why he gets okay. Nobody else gets anywhere near that.

Pissed off with watching KMac pull out of tackles as well.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas