Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rugby League Thread

Ranji Chase back at Cas.
    Cosy consensus makes for a boring forum.

Scotland certainly had the better of the first half.

Bradford Bulls rugby league club have been "liquidated"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/38418199
    Wolves have ambition and wit... why is it such a crime?

A very enjoyable opening game to this year's Super League. Saints edging it 6 - 4 over leeds.

Great stuff from Wigan by beating Cronulla 22 - 6 in the World Club Championship.

Off to the magic weekend next week, although its losing a bit of its shine with the 'big games' being kept back by the clubs, and a location change to Liverpool from Newcastle meaning sales haven't been great.

Difficult to admit but Saints are having a great season, and so are Cat (well if you do sign half of Wigan's squad) Its a tough season for us and with the light at the end of the tunnel that Edwards was for us being put out, it's a concern what will happen next.

Still plenty of reasons to love the game, been trying to get my boys into it and have opted for Telford Raiders although this will sit outside of their union commitments

Cool. It's been the Championship's turn this weekend at Blackpool (IIRC). Highlights for me so far this season is Whinos current league position and them being dumped out of the Challenge Cup by Bradford.

Yes Leeds are looking very poor, I know you have no love for them but SL would be poorer for loosing them imo.

Although telling Jordan Lilley his future was elsewhere 24 hours before the Bradford game was comically bad timing..

I'll be in Liverpool as well with my mates from Nottingham Outlaws.

Should be a fun weekend.

Had a good weekend (despite the result) Must say that the Kop is shocking for leg room, and no one seems to have told the bars inside the ground that people drink all day at these events. They ran out of cider after the first game and then it was down to bottles of carlsberg.

Nice to spend a bit of time in Liverpool with the family, although it's a pain to get to the ground as it's so far out and with the marathon being on the Sunday perhaps not the best planning.

Nottingham would be a good shout for the next one, could have the big bash there the same weekend. With the magic at the City Ground and the big bash at the Meadow ground, all close into the city centre.

Warrington and Hull FC through to the next round of the challenge cup

Saints v Wakefield on the beeb, as much as it pains me to say this it's a very good saints team on show here

Good game Bradford v Halifax, after last rounds victory over Leeds counted for nowt as Halifax edge the game.

Sad to hear of the young player Archie Bruce passing away the weekend, only 20 years old and just made his debut for Batley against Toulouse.

In more positive news thanks to Wigan, had a lads and dads rugby game before the match on friday before being on flag duty, felt like a big kid going out on the pitch and a cracking game too!

I know no ones interested, but Morgan Smithies a young Wigan lad made 72 tackles last night in the play off v Salford. A new record in SL and an insane total, to give you some comparison Argentina as a team made 73 against France.

Oh yeah he's still only 18 as well

That is an impressive statistic. Very impressive.
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

He'll be off the the NRL in a few years if he carries on this trajectory, the Aussies tend to like our forwards out there, just see how much they like John Bateman

I just hope he gives a good few years service first with a few medals to his name!

Just to add to that fact, those 72 were completed within the 62 minutes he was on the pitch

Right, just about dusted off the disappointment of last Fridays game, not one of my better choices to attend but take nothing away from a very good Salford who had some strong support

Its the Grand Final tonight, Saints vs Salford. Should be an easy game for Saints who have been the best team this season, however, Salford have hit a bit of form and are very difficult to beat with some great players. They will also be buoyed by a big crowd following them at Old Trafford so there may well be an upset on the cards, should be a good game either way.

Leeds won the womans final last night, and apart from Gary Schofields tweets it will be remembered for the massive egg that Sinead Peach the Cas player got on her head. She left the pitch on her own accord but my god she will have a bad head today.

For the first time in many years Great Britain will be touring as a team. They will be off to NZ at the end of the month, hopefully a game vs Tonga will go ahead before 2 test vs the Kiwis and match against Papua New Guinea to wrap it all up

Sam Burgess, easily one of the best players in the past decade has retired early due to a debilitating shoulder injury.

Sad news for the game and for him personally, someone who gave his all and made incredible hits time after time.